What should happen to Rocket Rods?

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

I gotta disagree. I rode it twice and loved it. I It was fun, fast and scenic. The sudden brakings, accelerations and non-banked turns gave it a touch of Mr. Toad wackiness. The main problem was the capacity—even Single Rider was a nearly hour long wait. The ride wasn’t quite long enough or thrilling enough to justify the wait—and certainly could have been improved—but it wasn’t awful.
To each their own. I only rode it once but for me once was enough. Waited in a very very looooong 2 hour plus wait for it. And it was one of those waits where you feel every minute. While I enjoyed being on the people mover tracks again and going around tomorrowland, the ride was a let down. Every time it got some good speed going it sloooooowed down to a snail's crawl as it went around a bank turn and killed not only all the momentum but fun for me as well. It looked faster from the ground than it actually was. To me it was a nice experiment but it ultimately failed.

Phroobar

I rode it once. It had a two hour wait but the single rider was ten minutes. It was neat but not that fun because of deceleration. The in tunnel effects where cheap. It was like driving through backstage. I never stood in the Circlevision queue.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

I rode it once. It had a two hour wait but the single rider was ten minutes. It was neat but not that fun because of deceleration. The in tunnel effects where cheap. It was like driving through backstage. I never stood in the Circlevision queue.
This. 100% AGREE. Pretty much my experience and issues with the ride. Also let me tell you that circle vision queue took FOREVER to get through. I still have night terrors over how sloooow that queue moved.

Stevek

Rode it once, thought it was ok. I much preferred the Peoplemover and for each visit I've had to WDW, it's the last ride we always did.

There was something great about just relaxing and being able to enjoy a slow tour through the land.

Here's my video featuring the PM cue music

George Lucas on a Bench

Original Poster
I'm sorry everyone, but I genuinely like Rocket Rods, even though I never went on it. I know I should hate it and everything it stands for and celebrate its death day every September with a bonfire in the backyard cranking the PeopleMover theme song, but...it just looks so fun.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
TDA prioritized Pixar Pier over a Tomorrowland renovation.. let that sink in for a bit.

You know what, come to think of it, why would they even bother when they've been using Tomorrowland as a discount Star Wars / Toy Story advertisement.

That's literally all Tomorrowland is at this point.

SuddenStorm

TDA prioritized Pixar Pier over a Tomorrowland renovation.. let that sink in for a bit.

You know what, come to think of it, why would they even bother when they've been using Tomorrowland as a discount Star Wars / Toy Story advertisement.

That's literally all Tomorrowland is at this point.

They're also now prioritizing a retheme of one of their most popular attractions over Tomorrowland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom