What should be the next WDW park?

WDWrox

Original Poster
What do you think should be the next WDW park?

this is really though. I've been thinking about it for years, and I still have trouble thinking of one.

I think that they should build a U.S.A. park. They could have things for each state. That would be expensive, but cool. They could shape the park like the US :sohappy:

What do you think?

matthope03

Honestly, I do not think they should build another park for a long time. I would like to see expansions to Disney Studios including an expansion across World Drive, as well as continued expansion to Animal Kingdom including the Beastly Kingdom plan. Also the continued renevation of Future World as well as finishing off the rehabs in Magic Kingdom and the new attraction on the old 20k Lagoon and a replacement for Timekeeper which is hardly ever used. Once they get all that done then I wouldn't mind another park in Florida.

As for everywhere else, I do not think they should build any new parks, but just improve what is already there.

WDWrox

Original Poster
True...

it seems like Disney has been following a 10 year pattern.
Every 10 years or so, another park opens
Maybe in 2012?

dizneycrazy09

WDWrox said:
True...

it seems like Disney has been following a 10 year pattern.
Every 10 years or so, another park opens
Maybe in 2012?

how do u figure 2012? If the "10 year pattern" held true, we could be expecting a park either this year or next, considering AK opened in 1996. And we all know that's not happening.

As for a new park, I don't think it's necessary right now. Like it was said before, just continue to better the existing parks.

Dragonrider1227

I don't think we need anymore parks for awhile. I STILL havn't seen AK or most of the stuff in Epcot. :dazzle: Though if they were going to do one, that water based park thy have in Tokyo wouldn't be a bad idea to me.

WDWrox

Original Poster
yea i dont think it will happen for a long time, but it prob will eventually.
or instead of another park, they could use the money to buy more monorails

DisneyWales

matthope03 said:
Honestly, I do not think they should build another park for a long time. I would like to see expansions to Disney Studios including an expansion across World Drive, as well as continued expansion to Animal Kingdom including the Beastly Kingdom plan. Also the continued renevation of Future World as well as finishing off the rehabs in Magic Kingdom and the new attraction on the old 20k Lagoon and a replacement for Timekeeper which is hardly ever used. Once they get all that done then I wouldn't mind another park in Florida.

As for everywhere else, I do not think they should build any new parks, but just improve what is already there.

I think you have the crux of the Situation right here, there is so much room for expansion at AK and MGM, plus room for somenew bits at AK and Epcot. I would like them to build something new to do. I.e. like World of Sports or a water park.

It would be cool to have something else to do, but isn't nessesary a theme park. Sorry i cant think of any ideas, but i think you know where im coming from.

DisneyBuff

I would agree with no park anytime soon at least I wouldn't want to see one. There is plent of things that need to happen before then, like upgrading current parks and attractions. Look at animal kingdom they can still add a few more e-ticket rides and a few sit down restaruants and make it an evening park. Epcot needs some help with some of its attractions. I think Disney should fix and upgrade what is there before trying to build another park.

Wilt Dasney

dizneycrazy09 said:
how do u figure 2012? If the "10 year pattern" held true, we could be expecting a park either this year or next, considering AK opened in 1996. And we all know that's not happening.

As for a new park, I don't think it's necessary right now. Like it was said before, just continue to better the existing parks.
AK opened in 1998.

The pattern so far:
MK -1971
Epcot - 1982 (11 yrs.)
MGM - 1989 (7 yrs.)
AK - 1998 (9 yrs.)

All taken, that's an average of 9 years between parks.

You're still right that following that pattern would mean a new park sooner than 2012, specifically in 2007...which won't happen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom