What should be first?

Which would you like to see reworked and/or reopened more?

• 20,000 Leagues Lagoon

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Tom Sawyer Island

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Swiss Family Treehouse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Living Seas

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • Odyssey Restaurant

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • Millineum Village

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • Backlot Tour

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • Indianna Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • The Great Movie Ride

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • Conservation Station (Rafiki's Planet Watch)

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Camp Mickey Minnie

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Other

Votes: 6 7.0%

• Total voters

WDWManic

Have to say the Swiss Family Treehouse.... Its so boring and Disney could do some much with the space that that attraction takes up.

strutter

I have to agree with 20,000 Leagues. I was really bummed to hear that they closed it. It was one of my favorite attractions. It is definitely a shame to have all that space go to waste.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
If the idea is to take a current attraction and re-work it, my vote is for the living seas. I enjoy the LS, but feel it needs a face-lift and rehab. Some new exhibits; it seems as if we know a bit more about the oceans than we did when LS opened. And how about tying LS to The Land with a weather pavilion between and connecting them? Through in "Stormrider" from Tokyo DS and you've got a great transition pavillion. The weather is related to both the land and the sea. You've also created a MEGA-pavillion on the rather quiet side of Future World.
My second choice is to do something, anything, with the old 20K lagoon. We need some action on that side of Fantasyland.

Andy

Wonders of Life

I think the Wonders of Life pavilion needs a good refurbsihment. I represents a very 80's stlye of thinking, and is old Epcot. I have heard several rumours about it being re-themed to Toy Story and stuff, this to me is just nuts.:veryconfu Like Imagination, Health is a corner stone at Epcot Future World and should be represented. They could have some really cool new attractions.

WDWspider

Original Poster
Well, I think it is becoming very apparent that 20,000 is the biggest problem area at the parks. Is Disney satisfied keeping it closed? Do they think people don't notice major buildings just being ignored? Are they pitching ideas each year to try and rework these old attractions? I hope so, at least I would find some comfort in knowing that Disney is not happy with idle prime locations.

WDWspider

Original Poster
Also, am I the only one who feels Tom Sawyer Island is being greatly wasted? I know it's not on anyones top priorities, but does anyone else agree? Even if it stays a childrens area, i think it could be redone and maybe have a few more older things to do as well.

NADisney

I said the Great Movie ride , there so much they can do with audio-animatronics ,live actors,animation,water,fire,simulators.The attraction needs a nice upgrade.As for the 20,000 Leagues it has been closed since 1994,and need a majore rehab.

scherdin1

I have to agree with the majority. I have great memories of 20,000 Leagues, and have been hoping for a long time that something would be done with it. I would also love to see a new ride system or something in the Living Seas.:dazzle:

kaos

As much as I love the Living Seas (see my quote), I'm going with Submarine Lagoon. I remember seeing an interview with Walt once. He was so proud of his submarine fleet. It was, at one time, the 8th largest submarine fleet in the world. How many years have gone by without seeing the Nautilus in WDW, and the Nautilus in DL, silently gliding through the lagoons. Such a pity.

The Timekeeper

How could you vote carusol of progress it shows pretty much the same stuff spaceship earth does and it has walt disney in it even though it was boring i voted for tom sawyers island i went there it was a nice view for Haunted mansion and BTMRR but it was boring

Epcot82Guy

The thread is ALIVE! ALIVE I TELL YOU!

What is interesting is that, four years later, most of these are still sitting unutilized/untouched.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom