What Ride would you replace ?

hack2112

I know I'm going to be killed for saying this but I would replace Space Mountain. I found it really rough and non-enjoyable. Hopefully this refurb coming up will make a difference. Sorry guys.
Don't feel sorry. After visiting Disneyland, our Space Mountain just feels old, stale, and not as much fun.

Marley's Ghost

Original Poster
Well that was .... fun?

My son loves monsters inc. Everyone has an opinion they are like.... but I did say one ride. SGE maybe should go. Prehaps they could replace it with a ride for Up?

"Maybe a big house with lots of balloons and you fly over small houses and see stuff or a bolt ride penny and bolt to start out and then intro the other characters you meet in the movie."

My eight year old who will work for the mouse one day.

princessmelinda

I agree to do away with Small World, WAY overrated, and I think Jungle Cruise is dumb, its exactly like Kilimanjaro Safari but fake and old. Maybe they could combine the corny humor into Kilimanjaro Safaris??

Tip Top Club

^AH! But so out of place! Everyone complains about Buzz, Monsters, and Stitch taking over tomorrowland, they might as well just change the name to pixar place, retheme CoP to Wall-E, and Space Mountain to the Incredibles, turn cosmic rays into a ratatouille restuarant, and put a ton of balloons on top of Astro Orbiter and theme it to UP.
[/sarcasm]

The reason we now have Pixar Place is to prevent the pixarification of the rest of the parks, a little bit here and there is fine, like Nemo in DAK is great, I'm not a fan of Nemo in Epcot but w/e. They now have this great section of the park to place basically all pixar attractions forever, haha, and since I would imagine that both One Man's Dream and the Backlot tour have limited life-spans It's only going to expand.

On that note- Attractions that need replacing
Stitch's Great Escape
Snow White's Scary Adventure
Enchanted Tiki Room- Under New Management
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
Chester and Hester's Dinorama

Attractions that Need Updating or complete overhauls
Test Track- This attraction has such potential, it just doesn't live up to it.
Journey Into Imagination- The most bizzare and random ride, Their called IMAGINEars, you'd think they'd be able to come up with a better ride that emphasized imagination.
Ellen's Energy Adventure- I love Ellen Degeneres, and the general story of the ride, but the films seem outdated with energy being such a hot button topic, and the dinosaur scene is so pointless.
Star Tours- Just give us the new film that's been so obvious for so long.
Light's Motors Action- This show just never hit home with me, I found it boring, and uncomfortable, also can't we just get over the "Pretending to make movies" thing? I hate to be an advocate for Pixarification, but this would be a perfect place for a CARS themed show when the sequal comes up, and it can easily be absorbed into Pixar Place.
Great Movie Ride- Just fix what's wrong! Maybe replace the first scene that hasn't worked in forever.

rkelly42

I still personally think they could make much better use of Tom Sawyers Island. Also even though it was corny but bring back Mr. Toads wild ride and eliminate Pooh. In regards to Epcot they really need to add another country but thats a whole other thread I already know.

eroyee

I still personally think they could make much better use of Tom Sawyers Island. Also even though it was corny but bring back Mr. Toads wild ride and eliminate Pooh. In regards to Epcot they really need to add another country but thats a whole other thread I already know.
I would love Mr. Toads ride but you cant eliminate POOH.....No way.......

juscet

Any ride, show, or attraction, that you say I did it once, I don't need to do it again. For me that is Sounds Dangerous, Stitch's Great Escape, and the Lights, Motor, Action Stunt Show.:)

hillernj

I say move Buzz over to DHS and bring back Take Flight!

if they moved buzz, i could just hear the people roar how dream flight/take flight would be a waste of space HA

personally... things are fine they just need to add more, more rides more space = more people to fill that space = more money for disney

rkelly42

Bring back horizons, it always comes back to the classics the ones we remember growing up with. There is still plenty of room to put it.

Boray

When I read the original post, I couldn't think of anything off the top of my head, as I read the subsequent posts, I found myself agreeing with most of them! Remove the following and replace with something innovative: (Disney employs the most creative minds in the world - let them create something amazing!!!!!)
MK: SGE, Tiki Room and Pooh's playful spot - these are all awful
Epcot: Honey I shrunk the audience - WAY to old!!! Time for something, anything, new!!!
DHS: Backlot Tour (BORING, BORING, BORING!!!) and Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular (my kids would be very angry if I. Jones left, but if they replaced it with the Indiana Jones ride from DL, I think it would ease the painful sting of the removal of the stunt show!!!) and Sounds Dangerous - there is so much opportunity to improve this show!!! Make a new one that features someone new. The idea is fine but the show is old and the headphones are gross!!!
AK - Can't think of anything to remove, just ADD MORE ATTRACTIONS TO THIS PARK!!!!!

There, that's my list! :p

MK

Every time I've seen the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor show it has been different. The first time was just alright and the second time was hilarious. Mainly because the audience was much more into it the second time. A lot of people have been saying that the show is terrible. I'm guessing that many of you have only seen it once (Which doesn't surprise me because I would have only seen it once if my parents didn't force me to see it again since they missed it the first time.) Basically what I mean is that I disagree with those who think the shows is bad. The only problem i have with it is the location. But I agree with what most people are saying. SGE needs to be replaced and I miss AE. Also Adventureland needs to be changed as well. Mainly just get rid of The Magic Carpets of Aladdin. All it does is crowd up the area and mess with the theming of the land. Tom Sawyer Island has potential for something better. Fantasyland would look better if it was more like Disneyland's Fantasyland and Mickey's Toontown Fair should look more like the one in Disneyland or be changed to something else. Hopefully the Space Mountain refurbishment will be good because it really needs it.

Epcot

It is really hard to figure out anything to change at Epcot. I think mostly because the whole theme of the park confuses me. I wish it was designed more like Walt's plan as community but since they made it a park they should have never put the countries in it and just made it a futuristic park. Basically how Future World is now but with a WEDway taking guest around the park. It would have given it a much more futuristic style. I'm probably gonna get a lot of negative feedback from that but that's just how I feel. Although I like Epcot because it is full of my childhood memories. But back on topic, if there was anything to change there it would be the whole Imagination Pavillion. I would have never changed The Living Seas to Nemo. Ellen's Energy Adventure needs to be changed. And although many people may disagree with me i like Mission: Space and I like Test Track so I think they should stay.

DHS

I think that DHS is eventually going to be better than it is now. But get rid of Indiana Jones and make it a ride. Update Star Tours and expand Pixar Place by getting rid of Backlot Tour. I have to disagree with those who don't like LMA I actually find it to be a very entertaining show but thats just my opinion.

DAK

Just add more rides and a new land. I don't think getting rid of Dinoland is a good idea. Get rid of Dinorama but I think the Dinoland has potential.

Enchantâmes

I hate these kind of threads, I know they are just for your personal opinion but as others have said you need to remember Disney isn't all about just what you want, its for everyone. I remember when my favorite show Food Rocks closed everyone was just like "Good riddance" well that was kind of hurtful for me because I had loved that show since I was 4 years old and it meant alot more to me than per say "a piece of crap put together for Nestle." So for whom ever said the play places are worthless well that's because you are too old to play in them but I'm sure there are millions of kids who love those to death because I know I did when I was younger. So people please be considerate because you never know when someone from Disney is reading and I don't want to lose my Jungle Cruise like we lost the Adventurer's Club. Lets keep what we can ok? :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom