What ride would you like to see updated or taken out of the parks altogether??

figment1985

Get rid of Stitch's Great Escape....

Bring back Wonders of Life, and make the track smoother on Space Mountain.

Oh and the Indy race cars is so lame

Greenlawler

I am not a fan of either of the stunt shows. I am pulpiting for a dark ride featuring the films with no ride of their own like Robin Hood, Rescuers, Sword and the Stone, etc...maybe with Merlin dueling Maleficent calling on help from the other characters.
By the way Indy could be replaced by a Cars attraction, say what you will about the quality of the film, my boys are "ape nuts" about it.

cameraguy

Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular is incredibly outdated. Most kids don't even know who Indy is -- and quite frankly, the stunt show isn't enough to even spark interest in a dvd rental. At the very least, replace it with the DL Indy ride and make an exciting experience out of it. MGM could use another thrill ride for us chickens that don't do TOT or RNRC.

Sound Dangerous. Sound lame is more like it. The only fun part was playing at making sounds afterwards -- and several of those displays weren't even working properly the last time we visited.

Thank YOU! Couldn't agree more on both counts. I too think the stunt show is very outdated, and it really does not do the film justice in the least. And I say this because Raiders of the Lost Ark is my all time favorite film. They should definatly put in IJA a make it more technilogically advanced, so we can actually experinec the adventure along with Indiana Jones instead of just watch it. Which I can do anytime with the actual stars of the film just by poping in the dvd.

I think an The Nightmare Before Christmas fun house attraction would fit really well in the Sounds Dangerous theater, and they could also make use of the old ABC theater if they needed more space. If not that then a Special Effects Makeup Show and/or exibit would be really cool.

cameraguy

I am not a fan of either of the stunt shows. I am pulpiting for a dark ride featuring the films with no ride of their own like Robin Hood, Rescuers, Sword and the Stone, etc...maybe with Merlin dueling Maleficent calling on help from the other characters.

I would like to see this in MK. Those movies always make me nestalgic, because Sword and the Stone was the first movie I ever remeber watching. Even til this day at age 20 I still get a kick out of watch Merlin parade all of his things into his little bag. And Robin Hood is just plan awsome.

Get rid of SGE and replace it with...ANYTHING!

blackerbys17

I would like to see this in MK. Those movies always make me nestalgic, because Sword and the Stone was the first movie I ever remeber watching. Even til this day at age 20 I still get a kick out of watch Merlin parade all of his things into his little bag. And Robin Hood is just plan awsome.

Get rid of SGE and replace it with...ANYTHING!

Agreed, ANYTHING would be better than Stitch's Great Escape! That is by far one of the worst things I have ever had the displeasure of experiencing. I mean seriously, what idiot came up with that concept and what other idiots approved it? :brick:

As far as other rides, hubby and me both agree, the Indy Speedway needs some serious help. Personally, I only go on it when the wait time is less than 5 minutes. Otherwise, it is just not worth it.

Sounds Dangerous actually sounds stupid, but I have never been on it so I guess I don't know for sure. As a matter of fact, most of MGM needs some serious help and redesigning. LMA was pretty lame in my opinion and I don't think I'll be seeing it again. Most of the other stuff in MGM just doesn't do it for me. I have to say, Universal Studios is way better than MGM. The only reasons I still go to MGM is because I have an annual pass and because I LOVE RNRC and Fantasmic.

Space Mountain really needs a smoother ride. I don't expect it to be like RNRC but smoother would be nice.

I also think it is time that Snow White got some plussing. I know it is a classic but it could use some improvements, maybe some special effects like fog, lighting, holograms, something like that.

I'm sure there is more but I haven't had my morning coffee yet!:lol:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
They need to pour some gasoline on and put a match to

The Country Bear Jamboring

It's outdated, and the sound system stinks.
The characters mouths don't even move in sync with the recordings any more.

I'd rather have a root canal done than see this show again. :p
Jambor, is he a new character?

AMEN!! I agree, either change it back or get RID of it!!

I agree also, I'd rather see Mission to Mars.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Speedway, or at least make it slightly less noisy and smelly.

Or just let the kids drive some of the rentals around the parking lot

fmingo36

Original Poster
I kind of have a love/hate thing for the Jungle Cruise.

I can remember it from my first trip to Disney when I was a little girl in 1973(so there's some nostalagic feelings towards it), but I think they are still using the same jokes :hurl: . Maybe it could use a little updating.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I kind of have a love/hate thing for the Jungle Cruise.

I can remember it from my first trip to Disney when I was a little girl in 1973(so there's some nostalagic feelings towards it), but I think they are still using the same jokes :hurl: . Maybe it could use a little updating.

The jokes are timeless. How can the backside of water get old? :lol:

Besides, they kinda frown upon you reimagineering the dialogue.

PintoColvig

Attractions I'd desperately like to see updated:
Journey Into Imagination​
El Rio Del Tiempo​
O, Canada​
Star Tours​
CoP​
Spaceship Earth​

Attractions I'd pay Disney to take out:
DinoRama​
Stitch's Great Escape​
Backlot Tour​
Sounds Dangerous​

tirian

without a doubt.... lee is right. 90% of MK needs to be updated/rehabed bad. noteables: SM (gut-it), speedway, most of the dark rides, cinderella needs to be dusted off pretty bad, HM could use some modern technology and pirates audio takes me back to the big box speakers of the 70's while listening to Boston with my mom.

All of the above are happening, if not now than in the future. In fact, the only major thing greenlit for the MK right now is 100% refurbishment.

jmani56

Imagination at Epcot is totally weak and needs to go. I agree that Test Track isn't the most creative attraction in the world. I remember rides like Horizons that gave people a unique vision into the future; Epcot needs that spark back, perhaps in those nice glass pyramids! Get rid of Figment, get rid of that old 3d movie with those washed up actors lol, and get something great in there.

Tinkerbella16

Get rid of: Mission Space...i hate this ride, bring back Horizons!!! It's greatly missed :cry:

Update: well change Indiana Jones Stunt Show to the actual ride....Heard nothing but good things about the one in DL.

And the Tomorrowland Speedway has either got to go, or get an update...it is in need for something!

Plutoboy

Okay here we go:

Magic Kingdom:

Jungle Cruise, Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion and Country Bears....ALL Need updating. Don't remove them because they are the classics that we have grown up with...just please update them. As I have said many times...Refreshing the Classics program

Tom Sawyer Island....somebody please get rid of that stupid place. Hated it as a kid and can't stand it now. The only exciting part is getting to see if I can spot the occasional alligator that finds his way into Rivers of America.

Bring back the original Tiki Birds and update the whole show.

ToonTown....please, please close it down and redo it. Disneyland has a great ToonTown....to bad WDW's was done on the Eisner cheap.

Speedway....either retheme it to Cars or get rid of it. Too much land that can be used for something else.

Epcot:

Bring back the original Journey into Imagination.

Update Spaceship Earth.

Get rid of Universe of Energy...I mean it's really nice if you want to lay down and take a nap but otherwise does it really have any value?

Get rid of those stupid tombstone looking Leave a Legacy whatevers. John Hench was a very nice and creative man but this is one of his dumbest ideas ever. He has to be looking down on those and think I cannot believe that they actually did that. I know it means giving money back to those who purchased them so it will never happen

Update Rio de Tiempo.

WOL I like the idea of a Muppet theme or even the Toy Story theme that was once discussed but build something or update the building and reopen.

MGM Studios:

Do something with GMR. Either update it or create a new E-Ticket type attraction.

Get rid of Drew Carey show....he's no longer relevant.

Am I missing something...I have never heard of the Hercules Musical???

Do something with the area where Al's Toy Barn and the former HUnchback show are. Again too much space that can be used for a new attraction.

I love with Fantasmic with all my heart (performed in it for 5 years) but it does need some updating.

Animal Kingdom:

Camp MM needs to go away. Do we really need an entire themed land where you meet the characters in safari gear? This area could be used for another and much needed E-ticket for AK.

Move Pocahontas to Planet Watch.

Bring back River Boats but make them a lot more interesting.

PintoColvig

Okay here we go:

Magic Kingdom:

Jungle Cruise, Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion and Country Bears....ALL Need updating. Don't remove them because they are the classics that we have grown up with...just please update them. As I have said many times...Refreshing the Classics program

Tom Sawyer Island....somebody please get rid of that stupid place. Hated it as a kid and can't stand it now. The only exciting part is getting to see if I can spot the occasional alligator that finds his way into Rivers of America.
I agree with your "refreshing the classics" but I would add Tom Sawyer to that list. Even if you don't personally visit it, its presence adds to the theme of Liberty Square and Frontierland. Besides, it's a nice and mostly quiet getaway and kids love it. They're not going to remove Rivers of America so why remove the island? I agree with most of the rest of your list, though.

Herk

Loads of people want to remove the stuff the stuff that seperates the studios from other parks. People want the stunt shows removed? Well they are kind of important in a park about movies as is the backlot tour. The real things they should be getting rid of are the attractions that either don't fit the theme or have terrible attendance numbers.

And to the person who said that they don' t know who indy is. Well I have done a survey in Kingston upon Hull about this and everyone knew who indy was this has about 10 people per every 10 years. I'll conduct one when I go back up o newcastle upon tyne this weekend.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom