What Ride will get the next BIG refurb???

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Don`t expect a quick fix for SM. If and when (more when) it goes down possibly later this year it should be getting a complete rehab. It`s been planned for 2 years now.

BTW; Tokyos closed on Halloween and won`t open until March; and that`s a DLC clone, single track version.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Any idea when in May??? We're going the 16th and it's my favorite! I do think it needs a rehab but hope it's after.
I also agree about Space Mountain. I would imagine they would have to make that one a really, really quick "makeover" given that it's one of their most popular attractions.
While I am sure management would like Space Mountain to be a quick fix I really hope that is not what they do. If I had my way everything on the inside of that building would be sucked into a black-hole and the imagineers could start over from the bare slab.

04chrwhe

My vote also goes for space mountain. ive been on the paris version and its way better, i still love the disney world version but it needs a BIG rehab.

MickeyJman06

even though it is one of my favorite rides SGE
to remove the bad breath (all though i never smelled it)
who ever quotes on this reply will be served at Chef Mickey's

hammysammy59

I definitely want an overhaul of Imagination the most. It just doesn't cut it as is... the awe, the wonder is all gone. Mischief is fun, but only when it's coupled with that old magic...

Space Mountain comes in a close second though. I'd love for them to redo it, and make it seriously kick-______. I'm pretty happy with how the Haunted Mansion has held up though. I'm all for adding stuff though, as long as they don't subtract anything... they could even bill it as having "unlocked a new wing of the mansion" or something fun like that.

And while this is hardly needing a refurb, but on Big Thunder Mtn., those neon-painted rubber bats on strings? Those gotta go. Please Disney, for the love of God, you're better than neon rubber bats on strings.

it398

Wasn't there a rumour a little while ago that Timon and Pumba would be introduced to the pre-show of the jungle cruise?

jimmyritt33

I am voting for two refurbs. The Great Movie Ride - not a complet overhaul but maybe tweak a few scenes and the Backstage tour - return it to a ride you need to do as opposed to a ride you do just for the canyon scene. I think in refurbing these two, the Studios will get a much needed shot in the arm

Pete C

Why would we want another enclosed Vekoma looper?? Isn't Rock n Rollercoaster enough? They would be like the same ride. IMO they are not comfortable or smooth compared to other manufacturers of this type of coaster. If we ever get DLPs Space Mountain I will throw up. Keep loops out of Space Mountain. I'd take DLs version over that any day.

What would be ideal is to keep the separate tracks, but offer a Green Team and Orange Team option like Mission Space. One having the exact same layout and intensity as the current version, and the other have a similar track layout, but faster and more intense to appease thrill seekers. Neither having loops, but perhaps one side featuring steeper drops, more Gs on the turns, etc. Never happen, but that would really make excellent use of the space in that room.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
A huge enhancement would be in bringing the visuals up to SM:M2 standards and adding onboard audio - and don`t forget the pre and post show upgrades.

What do you mean that`s already going to happen? :animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom