What ride(s) can you absolutely not miss during a Disney trip?

Patcheslee

I asked my 10yo this for our upcoming trip she was limited to 3 so we wouldn't over expect: Space Mountain, Tower of Terror, Soarin. Then Hall of Presidents "cause it was closed our first vacation and I didn't get to see Lincoln" 😂🤣

World_Showcase_Lover007

Well I have a whole list of attractions that are a must-do. Like many of us (I suspect), It’s a tradition to make sure I ride them at least once each trip. Things like Splash I’ve riden every single trip since 1997.

But we recently went with our 13 month old daughter, and most of those “traditions” were thrown out the window, as her needs dictated our schedule.

But we started new traditions, and it was the best trip ever.

PB Watermelon

Peter Pan's Flight at Disneyland. It's not my favorite sense-shaking mind-blowing ride...but when I married my beloved wife 11 years ago, she had never visited a Disney park. Her parents were 60's radicals, marches, all that stuff, and they believed every terrible thing they heard about Walt. Their son had worked at a low-rent amusement park in high school, they just assumed Disneyland was the same thing, only with corporate branding. I tried to tell them how extraordinary the park was, how exquisite it was, the elaborate and the small smashed into each other, how you can't turn a corner without a visual collision of joy, that it wasn't a theme park, it was an experience park...and the response was all that money spent was some kind of sin.

So...for our second anniversary, I take my wife to the Grand Canyon (travel tip -- do the North Rim...expensive and way way way out of the way - ha -, but worth every freaking penny) and then to California. Sting concert at the Hollywood Bowl. Santa Monica pier. And then Disneyland.

Friends, even though I was married to someone who knew me inside/out, I didn't really know how she would take to Disneyland. Either her parents' point of view was going to surface, or she'd have her own. I trusted the park, while still hiding surprises for her -- you know, tours and restaurant seating, that sort of stuff. So I'm wracking my brain wondering how she should be introduced to a Disneyland ride. I kick it around, not thinking about where I'd go, but how to make the first ride special.

So we're there...early admission so no official rope drop...and we make our way straight through the castle to Peter Pan. We're riding it, we sail past London and the Second Star, onto the vista of Never Land, and I hear her gulp or swallow -- something in her throat. Ask if she's okay, she nods. Ride's over, go straight to Dumbo. And I hear it again. She's swallowing. I turn to her in line, and she has tears running down her face.

"What's wrong?" I ask her.

"It really is the happiest place on earth." she says. She was crying from pure joy.

So to this day, when we have the ability to visit the parks....first ride is always Peter Pan's Flight.

I am Timmy

Well I have a whole list of attractions that are a must-do. Like many of us (I suspect), It’s a tradition to make sure I ride them at least once each trip. Things like Splash I’ve riden every single trip since 1997.

But we recently went with our 13 month old daughter, and most of those “traditions” were thrown out the window, as her needs dictated our schedule.

But we started new traditions, and it was the best trip ever.View attachment 349595
Are you kidding me with that picture?????? What a sweetheart!!!!

danheaton

This is a tough one and could stretch out to 20 if I'm not careful. I'll stick to five official choices
Spaceship Earth
Splash Mountain
Haunted Mansion
Space Mountain
Living with the Land

Just missed the list: Tower of Terror, People Mover

PB Watermelon

Overlooked ride at Disneyland...Casey Jr. Circus Train. As in really overlooked. Rode it twice in a row last time I was out with no lines at all. You get Walt's model fascination from the Storybook canal boats alongside a blast of Dumbo's charm and innocence. It's wonderful. It was the first time I rode it after many visits to Disneyland, and I always overlooked it as some sort of kiddo ride. Yeah, it is a kiddo ride, but it will charm your socks off. Wrote to friends that night, "Casey Jr.? Who knew?" Definitely a must-see go-to whenever I'm lucky enough to visit Disneyland.

WDWTank

MK: Buzz Lightyear, HM, Big Thunder, CoP, TTA, PoTC, Splash, Space Mountain
EPCOT: TT, SOARIN’, SSE,Grand Fiesta Tour, Figment, and LWTL
HS: ToT, RnRC, Toy Story Mania, Muppets
AK: Dinosaur, Everest, It’s Tough to be a Bug, FoP :)

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
We rode Big Thunder at night too and I swore it seemed faster!
IT IS! Think the grease gets hot and aids in the speed....and I almost got my perfect ride again bit over a week ago, we intentionally headed that way just before fireworks were to begin, and timing was off a few but they put us in last row...WOOHOO....fireworks did not go off but it was waaaay faster and fun and we immediately were able to get back on, not in back row but watched fireworks while riding.....simply wonderful.......also love love love being able to see the nighttime lighting and the sillhouettes of the townsfolk in the saloon.....got my FIX!!!! :angelic:
:happy::happy::happy:

KTK

So, we have a thread recently posted here about meals that you absolutely can't do a Disney trip without.

What about rides? What ride or rides must you do every trip to Disney?

Pretend you walked into the Disney park(s) and were only able to do those rides that you absolutely have to do and left. What would those rides be?

I actually have 3 which are Space Mountain, the Haunted Mansion, and the Peoplemover.

What about you guys?
AK - FOP, Everest
HS - ToT, RNR, SDD
EPCOT - TT, SOARIN
MK - SPACE and Splash

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom