What Ride/Event/Show do you wish you SKIPPED with your children?

Marc Levin

I see all these posts about WHAT RIDES/EVENTS that are a MUST... But I don't see what people have experienced as a NO-GO with children?

Anyone have a bad experience with kids on certain rides?
Or it was too scary once you got in?
Or they just seemed not impressed afterwards?
Were there any shows/events that you wished you had skipped?

When I took my then 4 year old to see The Beauty And The Beast Show at Hollywood Studios, she screamed the place down when that little old lady (the witch) walked on stage to curse the prince. Full on high pitched terrified screaming. It occurred to neither of us beforehand that she didn't know that it was actors dressing up, and not _REAL_. She'd recently seen Snow White and remembered the "wicked witch little old lady"!

You'll never see The Beauty And The Beast Show making anyone's list for a "No go" ride with kids, so make of that what you will o_O

disneygeek90

That being said, "Stitch" is the only attraction that I would universally advise people (of all ages) to skip. It's a little scary, a little annoying, a little off-putting, a little weird, a little bit physically uncomfortable, and a little confusing -- but not enough of any of those things to actually be entertaining!
I know this is a 2 year old comment, but that was probably the best description of Stitch I have ever heard.

Bacon

We skipped Fantasmic. I watched a video on YouTube & it looked way too intense for my kudos.
000865r2.gif

like I get maleficent but the rest.... your kids should have just ducked or closed their eyes. the rest is about as intense as illuminations

disneygeek90

000865r2.gif

like I get maleficent but the rest.... your kids should have just ducked or closed their eyes. the rest is about as intense as illuminations
I'm surprised to see Fantasmic is on many people's list. I don't have kids, but the stage is rather far from the seating. I know there's a few villains, but it's not like they're up in your face.

DfromATX

I'm surprised to see Fantasmic is on many people's list. I don't have kids, but the stage is rather far from the seating. I know there's a few villains, but it's not like they're up in your face.

Me too. I even got emotional the first time I saw it because I loved it. I would say it's a "must do" at least once.

My 4 year old granddaughter was very quiet after experiencing Dinosaur. The next day at the Magic Kingdom she would ask if their were dinosaurs every time we got in line for an attraction. We had to reassure her that there were not, or she wasn't about to do it.

Marc Levin

My 4 year old granddaughter was very quiet after experiencing Dinosaur. The next day at the Magic Kingdom she would ask if their were dinosaurs every time we got in line for an attraction. We had to reassure her that there were not, or she wasn't about to do it.

Yeah, from personal experience, 4 is too young for Dinosaur. My girl was absolutely terrified of it.

tagrd

My daughter wouldnt go on Its Tough to be a Bug or Dinosaur for YEARS after she hated it the first time because she was too little. Even the pre-show in Mission Space freaked her out!

TDGMedley

My son 3 at the time just tall enough to ride 7DMT and he did it 2 times. But after that was scared of every ride. We are going back in Feb 2018 and he still says he is scared of roller coasters and only likes the boat rides.

buseegal

Yeah, from personal experience, 4 is too young for Dinosaur. My girl was absolutely terrified of it.
yet I had a 4 year old at the time grandson who Dinosaur was his second favorite ride of the trip. it came after Tower of Terror but he hated Haunted Mansion. so go figure

correcaminos

My problem is Fantasmic is boring as all get out to me, so I wouldn't make my son stay up just to watch it. One and done at both WDW and DL for me.

LadyBirdV

For me , Mission : Space. Not because my daughter was afraid - she had already been on it with her Dad, and now I was riding it with her using Rider Swap - but because I kept turning to check on her (not realizing how important it is NOT to do that), and from there on out I was just praying for it to end before I triggered a Code V.

My 3-year-old did NOT enjoy It's Tough to Be a Bug. 5-year-old cried on Space Mountain (but loves Tower of Terror, what?) We haven't attempted Dinosaur yet.

DiSnEyF@n

It's funny bc every kid really is different. This trip my daughter will be 3.5 years old and just 40 inches tall which means she can ride almost everything (with the exception of some of the bigger thriller rides) and I am hoping that she likes rides like Splash Mountain, Barnstormer, Kali River Rapids among others. I can't wait! Lol

mdubm

This is going to sound awful. Don't crucify me. Happily Ever After. I was so excited to see it. I had shown my daughter a preview of it. She was excited. She was terrified of the fireworks. We ended up abandoning our spot and hopped on Barnstormer so I could still watch the fireworks, and she could be distracted from the sound. All turned out fine, but I expected it to go better in my mind.

Tk0021

My daughters were 5 and 3 last year and this what they didn't like:

Bugs life at Ak. To intense and the bugs running under your seat

Tiki room. They loved it the first time but the second time they noticed the Tiki masks and got scared

Pirates of the Caribbean. My 5 year liked it but my 3 year old was scared

Haunted mansion of course. My 5 year old liked everything except the grave yard with the heads piping out. My 3 year hated every minute of it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom