What ride do you think needs a refurb?

ctxak98

Original Poster
Well i have to say the last time i went to disney world there were a couple of attractions that were out of date or that i think needs a refurbishment. For me the one attraction that needs a huge refurb is big thunder mountain railroad. They could maybe redo the ride to make it more intense and thrilling. I dont kno but thats my opinion . What do you guys all think?:wave:​

Captain Hank

It's doubtful that they'll substantially change Big Thunder Mountain--it's a good "starter" coaster. As far as complete overhauls go, Space Mountain and Journey Into Imagination with Figment are tied at number 1 on my list. Universe of Energy is very close behind. After that come such things as Sounds Dangerous, the Enchanted Tiki Room: Under New Management and Stitch's Great Mistake.

krankenstein

I\. As far as complete overhauls go, Space Mountain and Journey Into Imagination with Figment are tied at number 1 on my list. Universe of Energy is very close behind.

I agree with these 3 but I would put Star Tours behind Space Mountain but ahead of Journey Into Imagination with Figment.

Kashyyyk

Only one in desperate need....STAR TOURS. That ride is a joke at this point. Kinda reminds me of a Commodore 64. Pretty archaic!

nemofinder22

I think Space and Star Tours have had there run. Norway could use an updated movie. More trees from Fantasyland I swear I'v seen pics that had many more trees than whats there now.

murdock

refurbs

yes i think for me too space is time for a huge refurb or time for bye byes
it was great fifteen years ago but times move on and technolagy gets better to many bumps and neck sprains for me im afraid

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I'm perfectly ok with the Imagination complex, as a whole, being rented to the army for target practice for several months before they decide to build something else.

Heck, I might be happy with another McPooh playground - it'd mean they couldn't sell Figment plush and i'm sure merchandising would just die, and thus force something to happen.

I also think that big empty theater on Main Street needs something other the more places for corporate groups to watch presentations.

Jellyfish

Big Thunder Mountain was really annoying, you get round the corner thinking your nearly there and there's a huge queue wound round those queue barrier things. They you got on it and it was really boring. Compared to the other 2 anyway.

I'd have said Small World but apparently that's being done as we speak?

The only other one would be [forgets the name of it] the racing one in Tomorrow World. And Primeval Whirl actually, i love PW [was one of my faves] but if they could just make it that extra bit thrilling then that would be nice.

Enderikari

Hmmm... off the top of my head... Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, Horizons, World of Motion, Carousel of Progress.

Update those and maybe the can see some guests through the turnstiles....

/Mr. Peabody, set the Way-Back Machine

PhilharMagician

Jungle Cruise! You never know what will work, some of the AA;s skins are torn, the sets need paint and just a plain update to this century would be nice.

InfernalPenguin

I hope, for the sake of every warsie out there including me, that Star Tours never gets touched.

That being said, I rode it recently and that movie really DOES need a serious overhaul. It's been really worn down, needs to join the digital age.

Thing is, they're probably not gonna JUST spruce everything up and make it look nice no.... they'll probably make it Naboo Tours or something. For now, it's the last bastion of original trilogy goodness we've got, and that trench run still hits the spot.

My opinion though, almost EVERYTHING at Epcot. Maelstrom needs a serious overhaul. I love the ride, but... c'mon! It's not just the fact that it's a tad old inside, I also wish they'd play up the troll factor more. And the queue... as I told my girlfriend, it looks like you're walking to an extremely patriotic norweigan principle's office. Which is an intimidating thought in itself, but that's a different ride. I also think they should put up a "History of Black Metal" display in that little museum but hey, you can't have everything.

Universe of Energy...yeah.

Oh, and what's up with Wonders of Life? I saw they were using it as "Garden Town" or something? I'm guessing that means it's officially dead, and I never got to ride Body Wars again since I was 5.

Blonde Princess

I would have to say the following:

1. Star Tours;
2. Malestrom;
3. Country Bears;
4. Little Mermaid in DHS; and
5. Back Lot Tour;

There are a few others but I think these need rehab the most.

JeffC

The Mexico ride - change it back.
This was the worst revamp in WDW history.
i still can't believe it was down all those months and this was all they could come with...:hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom