What ride/attraction do you do first??

mac41099

Original Poster
I'm sure this has been done before, but there are new people on here daily.

For each of the 4 parks, what is the first thing you do when you arrive at them? More specifically, the first time at that park that week for your vacation (so, not your 2nd time at MK during your week vacation, etc.)

Also, what is the reason for it?

I'll start:

Magic Kingdom - Pirates of the Caribbean. We do that first because 2 years ago was my first trip since 1981 as a 6 year old and I remembered it from then and wanted to do it first. We make it our first thing each time now.

Epcot - Test Track. We hit that as soon as the park opens while another in the group gets Fast Passes for Soarin'. We wanted to get a high volume attraction out of the way. Never been to Epcot (2005 first trip) and did that first then, so it is tradition now.

MGM Studios - The Great Movie Ride. One of the first things you see in the park and again never been to MGM (2005 first trip) and did that first then, so it is tradition now.

Animal Kingdom - Expedition Everest. Nothing like getting the blood flowing in the morning and avoid the lines. Also, pick up a few Fast Passes for it for the remainder of the day.

k.hunter30

On our last trip:

MK - We usually start with Space Mountain (not b/c it's our favorite, but just as a place to start), then Buzz, then work our way counter clockwise through the park.

Studios - ToT, then RnRC, then ToT, then RnRC! :D

DAK - We always start with the safari to see the animals at their most active.

Epcot - SSE.

Billy6

Its a tradition in our family to run...no, sprint to Space Mountain first thing in the morning, when the park opens....

so...here's my list..

MK- Space Mountain, see above

Epcot- Usually Test Track is the first thing we head to...If its long, we just grap a fast pass and do something random...

MGM-Rockin Roller Coaster and Tower of terror, which ever is shorter..

AK- Everest, best ride there, by far, it used to be Dinosaur...

Will be there in 10 days...yeyeyeyeyeyeyeyehhhh!!!!:sohappy:

sknydave

The first thing I do upon entering any park is get some fastpasses for my favorites.. So...

MK - Space
MGM- RnRR
Epcot- TT or Soarin'
AK - EE

sbkline

Magic Kingdom: I would have to say Space Mountain. By tradition, we start out in TommorowLand and work our way around (except if we decide to start out in AdventureLand on our second visit for the trip), and by tradition (as well as to beat crowds), we do SM first.

EPCOT: Spaceship Earth, by tradition. Except that this last time around, my wife wanted to do Test Track first in order to beat the crowds. But hopefully next time, it will be SS first like it has been in the past.

AK: Before EE, it was the Safaris Ride, but last time, it was EE. I guess I'll have to wait until next trip to see what ends up being the established "first ride" there.

MGM: Tower of Terror. By tradition as well as to beat the crowds. Face it, there aren't too many other rides where you have to worry about huge waits.

JWG

Ok,

1st (for all trips) overall is Epcot, then at Epcot its SSE. Though with our July trip it will likely be Test Track FP as SSE will be closed :cry: .

MK: Tomorrowland - FP for either SM or Buzz and then Carousel of Progress (if open), otherwise Stitch - no reason, that's just sort of an order. Tommorowland gets busy so we start there and Coursel is my favorite, I just want to get the FP process rolling right away. Carousel is not always open, so Stich is something to do.

MGM: GMR, then a trip down to RnRc or ToT for some FPs. MGM is not my favorite park (at all). Those are the two attractions I care about, so whichever order we can get on is fine.

AK: Only been here twice and once was 1998, so I haven't been able to create a pattern. This year, likely EE though the Safari has been first historically. Just to get on before long lines and hopefully see active animals.

SSE is my favorite attraction (as is Epcot park in general) so I always try to start there and make return trips throughout our stay.

Pooh88

MK - Splash Mountain

EPCOT - Test Track

AK - Everest

MGM - (Um...There really aren't any "rides" we rush to there)

SallyShine

MK - Pirates
EpC- Spaceship Earth
AK- Dinosaur
MGM - ToT

In addition to this, we always go right at AK & MGM and left at MK and EP.

xensweetie

I don't have a particular order of rides that I feel I need to do right away except in MK :) We always do Pirates first...just is becoming something like a tradition. Last ride of our trip? Always Thunder Mountain. By far my favourite ride on earth! I love it at night...during the day it's just not the same!

PurpleDragon

Magic Kingdom - I always go to Adventureland first and hit Pirates, because its been one of my favorites since I was a kid. Then from there we go clockwise around the park.

EPCOT - Usually we hit the ride with the shortest wait time. I like so many attractions in EPCOT I'm not picky.

MGM - ToT or RnRC, its a toss up between those 2.

Animal Kingdom - Usually Its Tough to be a Bug, again habit I think.

Cinderella1976

Our "Must Do First" list (if possible):

Magic Kingdom - Splash Mountain
Epcot - Soarin
MGM - Tower of Terror
Animal Kingdom - Expedition Everest

If the rides are way too long for these attractions, then we get fast passes and return later. But they are usually the first attractions we go to first.

diddy_mouse

MK - PotC, this is the first ride my DH and I rode after he proposed to me back in '04 so traditionally we have to ride it first thing! :eek:

Epcot - Usually whatever has the shortest wait in Future World, if nothing, then we just head over to World Showcase.

MGM - It's usually Star Tours, unless we're ready for RnRC!

AK - Last time we went, it was Dinosaur.

NCState

We're not much on rides but here's what we usually do.
MK - Pirates
MGM - GMR
Epcot - Soarin
AK - Safari (however our new favorite is Dinosaur so it may change on our next trip.)

WDWFigment

The first thing I do upon entering any park is get some fastpasses for my favorites.. So...

MK - Space
MGM- RnRR
Epcot- TT or Soarin'
AK - EE

This is generally the same thing I do, but I base in on the rides that are going to have the longest wait times later in the day (I also ride the rides immediately after getting the fast pass for later.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom