What restauraunts do you want to try your next visit??

DisneyFans4Life

Just looked at the menu. It only shows lunch and dinner. Maybe you're thinking Boma?
Doh...you're absolutely right! It was Sanaa that I looked at the menu and didn't find it appetizing. We did Boma for dinner one night and enjoyed it...but not somewhere we'd go back again I don't think.

Jess G

Original Poster
Doh...you're absolutely right! It was Sanaa that I looked at the menu and didn't find it appetizing. We did Boma for dinner one night and enjoyed it...but not somewhere we'd go back again I don't think.

I've done Boma dinner twice and breakfast once... I enjoyed it also but won't be returning on my upcoming trip. This last time it didn't stand out enough to me :)

cornandacobb

My trip is next month.

A bunch of return visits:
Biergarten
Plaza Restaurant (lunch)
Be Our Guest
Coral Reef
Brown Derby
Akershsus Royal Banquet Hall (breakfast)
50s Prime Time
Blue Zoo

First time visits:
Narcoossee's
Via Napoli

I'm sorta bummed we don't have one or two more new places on our list, but it's tough. And we love all of the places we are returning to.
Narcooosee's was originally an Artist Point reservation. This change was my doing. I hope I am right. Menu looked better.
California Grill must happen. Some day.
There is still a possibility of squeezing in Tiffins although I am not sure.

EvilQueen-T

Tiffin's
Nomad Lounge
Yak & Yeti
STK
Frontera Fresco (the new Rick Bayless place coming to disney springs)
Captain's Grill
Trattoria al Forno for breakfast (booked for June trip)
Flying Fish when they're done with the makeover (past favorite)
Boathouse
Sanna
Trader Sam's Grog Grotto or whatever it's called lol

EvilQueen-T

As I slowly approach my next 180 day mark its time to start narrowing down my list. Every trip I like to try a few new places. Would love to hear the restaurants you all have on your list?

What I currently have my eye on that I have not tried yet:
Turf Club
Olivia's
Captains grille
BOG dinner
Jiko
House of blues gospel brunch
Boathouse
Bongos Cuban café

We've done BOG dinner. The atmosphere is to die for but for us food and service has been hit or miss...when they have their act together it's great. We've done Jiko 4 times and with the exception of one visit with a waiter that was awful the food has been amazing each visit. I don't hold the one waiter experience against the venue since it can happen anywhere anytime.

Jess G

Original Poster
We've done BOG dinner. The atmosphere is to die for but for us food and service has been hit or miss...when they have their act together it's great. We've done Jiko 4 times and with the exception of one visit with a waiter that was awful the food has been amazing each visit. I don't hold the one waiter experience against the venue since it can happen anywhere anytime.

Do you feel like I'm better off doing BOG breakfast or lunch instead of the dinner? .. I've done lunch a few times and enjoyed it, I was just thinking of dinner for the sake of a little change.

Jess G

Original Poster
My trip is next month.

A bunch of return visits:
Biergarten
Plaza Restaurant (lunch)
Be Our Guest
Coral Reef
Brown Derby
Akershsus Royal Banquet Hall (breakfast)
50s Prime Time
Blue Zoo

First time visits:
Narcoossee's
Via Napoli

I'm sorta bummed we don't have one or two more new places on our list, but it's tough. And we love all of the places we are returning to.
Narcooosee's was originally an Artist Point reservation. This change was my doing. I hope I am right. Menu looked better.
California Grill must happen. Some day.
There is still a possibility of squeezing in Tiffins although I am not sure.

Cali grill is on my future list as well. I have the DDP this time around and already know for sure I want to do Jiko and Boathouse and I don't want to loose value by doing 3 signatures. My plan is now to pay oop for boathouse and use 2 credits for Jiko :) Blue zoo has caught my eye but once again the DDP is stopping me from that

meganwdw

Tiffins or Yak and Yeti
CRT for lunch
WCC for breakfast
Planet Hollywood Observatory
Beaches and Cream
D-Luxe Burger

Sprinkle in some old favorites and my friends that is one tasty list of options!!!

Last edited:

jpittore1

Our bucket list was to eat at every restaurant on property and it's so exciting to see so many people willing to try new restaurants. We're excited to try Tiffin on our next trip.

When you need that special dinner make a reservation at California Grill at 20 minutes prior to sunset. It is magical to see the sun disappear in the horizon and then all the lights come on at Magic Kingdom. The food is fantastic, you will not be disappointed. It will make that special day very memorable, my family talks about it to this day and it was over 5 years ago.

Mark P.

New-to-us dining (or lounges) already reserved or planned for our August Disneymoon, in no particular order:

The Wave... (dinner)
Via Napoli (lunch)
Kona Cafe (breakfast)
Harambe Market (lunch)
Yachtsman Steakhouse (dinner)
Grand Floridian Cafe (breakfast)
Pepper Market (lunch)
Sassagoula Floatworks & Food Factory (lunch)
Artist Point (dinner)
Les Halles Boulangerie Patisserie (breakfast)
Rose & Crown Pub (dinner - new for the fiancee but it's been over a decade for me)
River Roost Lounge (evening drinks)
Scat Cat's Club (evening drinks)
Mizner's Lounge (pre-dinner drinks)
Trader Sam's (pre-dinner drinks)

Plus a return to Tokyo Dining, the singular best dining experience we had during our NYE trip but far too rushed as we had friends holding spots for us down at the rail for Illuminations.

Still considering a few others for the remaining meals we haven't yet planned, including options in Disney Springs on one of our "free" (non-park) nights...

EvilQueen-T

Do you feel like I'm better off doing BOG breakfast or lunch instead of the dinner? .. I've done lunch a few times and enjoyed it, I was just thinking of dinner for the sake of a little change.

We've done all three. The bonus of doing dinner was getting to meet the beast. They don't do that during breakfast or lunch...with that said, either breakfast or lunch would make it worth going to at least eat there once. For us it's the most immersive feeling of walking into a disney cartoon. In fact, my daughter had her wedding at disney in 2014 (had a beauty and the beast theme wedding) and we tried like heck to get them to do pics inside instead of just in the exterior places they allow them lol.

Jess G

Original Poster
New-to-us dining (or lounges) already reserved or planned for our August Disneymoon, in no particular order:

The Wave... (dinner)
Via Napoli (lunch)
Kona Cafe (breakfast)
Harambe Market (lunch)
Yachtsman Steakhouse (dinner)
Grand Floridian Cafe (breakfast)
Pepper Market (lunch)
Sassagoula Floatworks & Food Factory (lunch)
Artist Point (dinner)
Les Halles Boulangerie Patisserie (breakfast)
Rose & Crown Pub (dinner - new for the fiancee but it's been over a decade for me)
River Roost Lounge (evening drinks)
Scat Cat's Club (evening drinks)
Mizner's Lounge (pre-dinner drinks)
Trader Sam's (pre-dinner drinks)

Plus a return to Tokyo Dining, the singular best dining experience we had during our NYE trip but far too rushed as we had friends holding spots for us down at the rail for Illuminations.

Still considering a few others for the remaining meals we haven't yet planned, including options in Disney Springs on one of our "free" (non-park) nights...

good choices!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom