What resorts have a good view of the castle?

WDWmazprty

I've never had a castle view from any of the resorts, which ones are the best? :wave:

Better said, which rooms have a good view of the castle?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
BLT and the Contemporary will have the best view of the Castle, however the view of the fireworks will be best at the Poly.

Upvote 0

NYwdwfan

BLT and the Contemporary will have the best view of the Castle, however the view of the fireworks will be best at the Poly.

While the fireworks are amazing from the Poly the castle does look rather small from there. We had theme park Poly a few years ago and were right near the boat launch - that boat ride view is truly just magical.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
While the fireworks are amazing from the Poly the castle does look rather small from there. We had theme park Poly a few years ago and were right near the boat launch - that boat ride view is truly just magical.
My opinion is based on a pet peeve I have with the MK fireworks. Unlike illuminations that is made to be watched from 360 degrees Wishes really needs to be viewed inline with the castle. When you watch them at an off angle like you at BLT, GF or the Contemporary the show falls apart because the castle is no longer in the same frame as the fireworks. It would be like watching Illuminations if the globe was in front of the beach club. If all I want to do is see the castle the Contemporary is my choice. If I want to watch Wishes from my room I would go with the Poly.

Upvote 0

NYwdwfan

My opinion is based on a pet peeve I have with the MK fireworks. Unlike illuminations that is made to be watched from 360 degrees Wishes really needs to be viewed inline with the castle. When you watch them at an off angle like you at BLT, GF or the Contemporary the show falls apart because the castle is no longer in the same frame as the fireworks. It would be like watching Illuminations if the globe was in front of the beach club. If all I want to do is see the castle the Contemporary is my choice. If I want to watch Wishes from my room I would go with the Poly.

I agree. IMO It's actually better to watch them from Poly than from inside MK (where you'r elooking up and really not seeing everything)!

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I agree. IMO It's actually better to watch them from Poly than from inside MK (where you'r elooking up and really not seeing everything)!
Agreed. Watching special edition (ie 4th of July, Hallowishes, etc) from the beach at the Poly has become a day trip thing for us. We get dinner ADR's at Kona and watch from the beach the drive home.

Upvote 0

LALALand

My bet would be the Contemporary. It is all about the angle though for the fireworks. Same thing in Disneyland. They are fired off from way behind the castle. If you're off angle, the parallax messes with the whole show.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom