What resort do you think you'll never stay at?

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I don't ever have a desire for All Start Sports. Not a fan of the themeing at all. I am a self proclaimed deluxe snob and nothing has beat the Yacht Club for me yet. I love having a balcony so it's hard for me to want to stay at anything else.

I just changed my reservation from Yacht Club to PoP next month for my birthday weekend. I've heard good things, a room opened up, so I figure I will give it a chance. I can always just find a bench outside instead of sitting on the balcony. My entire weekend room cost is now less than 1 night of the Yacht Club. We'll see if I like it!

awoogala

:oops::oops::oops:
Just wow. I've not stayed value in the 35+ years I've been going, but for no particular reason. We were actually considering checking out AoA for our youngest a while back. It's Disney World; how can a stay on Disney property suck to the extent represented here? 🤔

We stayed at POP when our kids were little, we went hard in the parks all day long, and our bodies were younger. The beds were not great. But, if that was what my budget was still like, I'd stay there rather than miss out on Disney.
We recently stayed at AOA in a suite, after a few years in only deluxes-and- actually loved it! The pool was right there. (no slide, sadly). Good options at the pool bar. Fairly quick buses. (though we did take quite a few lyfts) Cute over the top theming. Food wasn't good (Got sick eating at the q.s., but that happens at a lot of q.s. on property to us, which is why we avoid them).
Loved having the mini-kitchen, ( we are not big breakfast people, and love just grabbing some fruit and bagel, and some iced coffee) and our teens were so happy to have their own space and their own beds.
We still would always choose a Contemporary Garden Room as our fave on property space, but it was nice to have the extra bedroom and space, and the 2 bathrooms really were awesome. I'd do it again if another sale made it worthwhile.

awoogala

Yacht Club, Beach Club, Boardwalk

I know many people love them, but for some reason that whole area just never clicked with me.
I hated the yc/bc! We stayed there for half a day, then switched back to contemporary. The pool was not fun- too crowded, too much fuss. The room seemed small, the walk out to the boardwalk /pool was too long.
Didn't like Boardwalk on paper, but ended up loving the resort and the location.

Khcuttin

I just changed my reservation from Yacht Club to PoP next month for my birthday weekend. I've heard good things, a room opened up, so I figure I will give it a chance. I can always just find a bench outside instead of sitting on the balcony. My entire weekend room cost is now less than 1 night of the Yacht Club. We'll see if I like it!
Obviously, there is going to be a significant difference as far as amenities goes, but to be honest, as an AP holder, I look for the best deal and what is available. Most people do that. I think you will be fine at Pop! The ONLY resorts I will not stay at is any All Stars, or Saratoga Springs. Pop is VERY "Disney" themed, and the food isn't half bad! Enjoy.

Khcuttin

I don't think we'll ever stay at any Deluxe resort. We love visiting them on our Holiday trips, to see all the amazing decorations. But, the cost is not worth it to us, as we're pretty much on the run from morning to night. Even if we could afford it someday, we'd probably skip GF. Just too stuffy for our tastes. Our dream resort is the Poly, but unless we hit the lottery, we just can't justify the cost.

We'd stay at any Moderate I think. Again, just a pricing issue. We've stayed at Coronado twice, and really liked it. But for the most part we are an All-Star family. Don't mind the distance, and we actually like the over the top decor and craziness. Music was our first on-sight ever, back in 2005, so it's just a nostalgic thing with us. We have no issue with the Values. Back to Music this year!
I will give All Stars one credit....their bus service is incredible! 3 buses for every 1 of moderates, and even Deluxe. I personally, cannot deal with the groups of cheerleaders, sports teams, etc....the overflow usually goes to Pop. For many people that's the primary turn off. Maybe Disney should build a resort at ESPN to help with that issue? Idk...I am a nurse, lol, not a developer. A cast member told me that they move an AVERAGE of 20 to 50 reservations ( complimentary Btw ) a DAY because of the "teams" and the disruption it puts on families vacations....ie: the noise, the long lines, the unsupervision, the disrespect, the overtaking of the pools, etc. I just think that's insanity, but read the reviews. Its fact, so I really think that's primarily the issue at All Stars.

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Obviously, there is going to be a significant difference as far as amenities goes, but to be honest, as an AP holder, I look for the best deal and what is available. Most people do that. I think you will be fine at Pop! The ONLY resorts I will not stay at is any All Stars, or Saratoga Springs. Pop is VERY "Disney" themed, and the food isn't half bad! Enjoy.

Yeah, I’m an AP, couldn’t find a discount on Pop. But still, for the price it can’t be beat!

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Honestly even though not built, I have no desire to go to WDW and stay in a StarWars themed hotel just outside DHS. ;)

IanDLBZF

Definitely the value resorts during January, February, June, July, and December.

I mean I've stayed at All Star Sports last month and it was decent, but to stay during those times, NO WAY.

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
I think the only resort I haven’t stayed at at this point is Beach or Yacht. I will at some point. And technically I haven’t stayed at Grand Floridian proper, I stayed at the Villas.

PolynesianPrincess

We stayed at Bay Lake Tower and other than the quick walk to MK and the monorail, we were SO underwhelmed. It had only been open a couple years at that point and already the shower rings were rusting, the sliding door to the bathroom had a HUGE scratch down the middle of it from being opened and closed and everything just already seemed worn down, after only a couple years. We have no interest in staying at the Contemporary or the Yacht Club. Yacht Club just looks boring.

YangGang2020

The Grand Floridian. It's just simply too expensive for what you get. If you're paying 5 star prices, you'd better get 5 star amenities. The hotel might be beautiful, but the most expensive hotels in the world don't get away with charging a king's ransom based on their looks alone. They need to offer more services and perks.

I will also never stay at the Value Resorts. My tolerance for being immersed in under-supervised school trip groups is on the low side.

And it hasn't opened yet, but I have zero desire to stay in a fully-immersive Star Wars hotel. Because I'm an adult, mainly.
This is the correct opinion right here!

jmargarone27

Why all the hate for the Grand Floridian? I know it sounds crazy but at this point, having been to Disney so many times, I’d rather not go if I wasn’t staying there. I love pretty much everything about it, and it’s special to me since it’s the first hotel I stayed at when my parents brought my sister and me for the first time years ago. I think people have a negative connotation about it being snooty, but let me tell you, there’s a whole range of people that stay there. I’ve talked to other guests that have saved up every penny for years to stay there, and I’ve talked to guests that could buy and sell me 10 times over. It’s classic Disney, monorail service (and now the bridge to MK), best quick service, rooms are big and recently renovated, lobby is gorgeous, and the pools are great. What’s not to love?!

Heppenheimer

Why all the hate for the Grand Floridian? I know it sounds crazy but at this point, having been to Disney so many times, I’d rather not go if I wasn’t staying there. I love pretty much everything about it, and it’s special to me since it’s the first hotel I stayed at when my parents brought my sister and me for the first time years ago. I think people have a negative connotation about it being snooty, but let me tell you, there’s a whole range of people that stay there. I’ve talked to other guests that have saved up every penny for years to stay there, and I’ve talked to guests that could buy and sell me 10 times over. It’s classic Disney, monorail service (and now the bridge to MK), best quick service, rooms are big and recently renovated, lobby is gorgeous, and the pools are great. What’s not to love?!
My only reason for not wanting to stay there is because the rack rate is simply too much for what you get. Otherwise, it looks like a great place to stay, and as noted above, I would gladly stay there for a conference.

correcaminos

I'll have to say never with the family as I've done them all. I will never stay at the values with the family. I cannot stand them (sorry guys) with the garish theming and tiny rooms. Just not my idea of a vacation at all.

I'm having a heck of a time convincing them to do GF. None really are interested LOL

OneofThree

I'll have to say never with the family as I've done them all. I will never stay at the values with the family. I cannot stand them (sorry guys) with the garish theming and tiny rooms. Just not my idea of a vacation at all.

I'm having a heck of a time convincing them to do GF. None really are interested LOL

But in all fairness, how many kids care anything about room size. None of my 5 kids, I can assure you. I have no use for the theme at AoA. My 3-year old on the other hand. . .

correcaminos

But in all fairness, how many kids care anything about room size. None of my 5 kids, I can assure you. I have no use for the theme at AoA. My 3-year old on the other hand. . .
Why must people try to be so contrary? My family likes space. We don't do small rooms ever. None of us like the way the values look. None of us like sharing small places. We also spend a lot of time in the room and resort. Kids can care even when yours don't. Just chalk it up to differences. I am sure you realize that not all kids are the same.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom