What resort do you think you'll never stay at?

cw1982

I'll probably never stay at the Polynesian. It's beautiful, but not in my budget normally. I'm being irresponsible and staying at the Contemporary in October, but that's a once in a lifetime thing for my son, who happens to be four and obsessed with trains. I'm taking him by himself and wanted to have easier access to transportation to MK. So I figured it made sense this one time.

Slikke

I wasn't a huge fan of the Yacht Club several years ago when I got to stay there.. Was a little too "prissy".. maybe like GF?
We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside next month for the first time... Looking forward to it..

Places from the past:
-Wilderness Lodge (LOVED it)
-Yacht Club (See above)
-All Star Sports (Stayed when it first opened and wasn't bad at all.. not sure how it is now..)
-Saratoga Springs (BEAUTIFUL rooms, but like others said... sorta out of the way)

Iris

Yacht Club, Beach Club, Boardwalk

I know many people love them, but for some reason that whole area just never clicked with me.

cat hem

I'd never do an All-Star anything. Did POP once and one and done, never again. I did stay at the Poly and I can honestly say I didn't love it as much as I thought I would.

StarshipDisney

We will never stay at the Grand Floridian! Have stayed at Polynesian, Contemporary, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Yacht Club, and POR. Visited Grand Floridian several times for dinner and shopping. We thought the monorail loading area was very crowded compared to Contemporary and the monorail was very often full being the last stop before Magic Kingdom. I can't imagine the view can be any better than Contemporary so why pay more? Just my opinion, but I'll take Contemporary over Grand Floridian on any day.

Last edited:

Raegansmommy

We do not care for the value resorts. We have stayed at the Cabins at Ft. Wilderness, Coronado, Pop, AKL, and AOA. We will be staying our third time at AKL this December. We like it there and my daughter's enjoy having their own beds to sleep in the bunk bed rooms. I would like to stay at the Contemporary one day.

Incomudro

I'd be highly unlikely to stay at any of the value resorts.
I love that The Contemporary exists, but I'd never stay there.
The horse theme of Saratoga Springs just doesn't do it for me - though the hotel is nice otherwise.

Elfinko

I almost can't believe all the disdain for the values. :oops:

I know right!! I love Pop Century and will one day stay at AoA. I tried to book the a stay at the All Star resorts this year to save some money, but they are all booked for April already. I though that was kind of crazy.

SeaCastle

Beggars cant be choosers and I would stay at any resort hotel if I had the opportunity but I don't foresee a time where I would stay at Saratoga or Wilderness. Saratoga purely for the theme, Wilderness because of staying at Grand Californian when in DLR (or at least wishing to) and also because if we're feeling like a lodge experience we would probably just stay at DAKL- similar price point (or at least it was) and each are convenient for exactly one park.

Also it's against my better judgement but I'd rather pay the premium at staying on property (even if it's All Stars or Pop) than stay off property if I'm at the parks for more than a night. I don't have a terribly good reason for this because there are many great resorts off property, but being in the bubble is quite nice.

stratman50th

Would never stay at the Grand Floridian. Too big and it's not worth the price in my opinion. Have stayed at the Poly several times, Treehouse villas, Port Orleans FQ, Contemporary, Old Key West. My parents used to love the AKL but we had never stayed there. Went to check it out last April and that's another place I wouldn't stay. Just did nothing for us but really to each their own.
Now we bring our own house to Ft. Wilderness and will continue from here on out. Something about coming back to your own home after a long day is comforting.

Last edited:

stratman50th

I'll probably never stay at the Polynesian. It's beautiful, but not in my budget normally. I'm being irresponsible and staying at the Contemporary in October, but that's a once in a lifetime thing for my son, who happens to be four and obsessed with trains. I'm taking him by himself and wanted to have easier access to transportation to MK. So I figured it made sense this one time.
You may already know this, but there is a roundhouse tour at MK before park open. I'm a train nut as well and it was pretty awesome. Just like everything else at Disney it costs, but a thought for when he gets older. See if this link works...
https://www.deviantart.com/stratman50th/art/The-Disney-Roundhouse-154146122

Last edited:

stratman50th

Fort Wilderness Resort and Campgrounds. (Not much of a camping fan!)
I used to say that, and I'm also not a camping fan. But we don't "camp". We bring our house. I don't do smores or firepits, etc, but we like coming to our own home after a long day. Food is cheaper as well. Another side of the coin is our house also goes to Key West, the mountains of Tennessee, Coastal Georgia as well as many other non-Disney places. That being said, we have stayed at many of the moderate and deluxe resorts over the last 25 years or so and have a lot of favorites.

stratman50th

I'll third that. I'm sure the camp grounds are better than I'm imagining, but I just can't think of spending all day walking around and spending my evenings camping. More power to those who like it though!
You should go check it out some time. Especially take a look at the premium sites. I stayed there in 1976 with my girlfriends family. I was in a pup tent. Never, ever again!
Now we stay in our own coach and I agree, we definitely don't camp.

Shouldigo12

Original Poster
You should go check it out some time. Especially take a look at the premium sites. I stayed there in 1976 with my girlfriends family. I was in a pup tent. Never, ever again!
Now we stay in our own coach and I agree, we definitely don't camp.
What's a coach? Is that sort of like an RV?

stratman50th

What's a coach? Is that sort of like an RV?
Bus, Motorcoach, RV. Self contained. You drive it. Diesel or gas. Class A. Class C is like a U-haul but obviously designed to live in. Class B is like a camper van. No idea who came up with what class is what.
This is ours

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom