What resort do you think you'll never stay at?

Shouldigo12

Original Poster
Bus, Motorcoach, RV. Self contained. You drive it. Diesel or gas. Class A. Class C is like a U-haul but obviously designed to live in. Class B is like a camper van. No idea who came up with what class is what.
This is ours
Dang. You and your spouse wouldn't happen to want a random this person with you in your next vacation, would you? That things looks downright luxurious.

stratman50th

Dang. You and your spouse wouldn't happen to want a random this person with you in your next vacation, would you? That things looks downright luxurious.
Thanks, I don't know about luxurious, but I would stack it up against one of the resort rooms. Now you see why we are Fort Wilderness people now. Plus, I can bring my car and not have to pay the parking fee like at the hotels! We never bring a car though, we only live 30 minutes away...... LOL.

I don't think we'll ever stay at any Deluxe resort. We love visiting them on our Holiday trips, to see all the amazing decorations. But, the cost is not worth it to us, as we're pretty much on the run from morning to night. Even if we could afford it someday, we'd probably skip GF. Just too stuffy for our tastes. Our dream resort is the Poly, but unless we hit the lottery, we just can't justify the cost.

We'd stay at any Moderate I think. Again, just a pricing issue. We've stayed at Coronado twice, and really liked it. But for the most part we are an All-Star family. Don't mind the distance, and we actually like the over the top decor and craziness. Music was our first on-sight ever, back in 2005, so it's just a nostalgic thing with us. We have no issue with the Values. Back to Music this year!

Heppenheimer

While I would never camp at Ft. Wilderness (no way I'm going without AC in central Florida), if my family ever gets too big for the resort hotels, I would gladly stay at the cabins. We stayed in these a few times when I was a kid, and I don't think you get more space for your money anywhere else on property. Being able to prepare your own meals is also a huge bonus, especially if you can't afford villa prices. The biggest downside to Fort Wilderness, in my opinion, is that you need to take internal transportation just to reach the external transportation to the parks.

SamandplanningUK

For us, we wouldn't stay at the Grand Floridian, we are big fans of theming and it's not themed heavily enough for us.
I also wouldn't stay at POP or the All stars as the theming is a little outdated (just my opinion) or the Boardwalk (Clowns freak me out).
My dream resort is Wilderness Lodge but I don't think we'll ever be able to afford it! I would also like to try Animal Kingdom.

stratman50th

While I would never camp at Ft. Wilderness (no way I'm going without AC in central Florida), if my family ever gets too big for the resort hotels, I would gladly stay at the cabins. We stayed in these a few times when I was a kid, and I don't think you get more space for your money anywhere else on property. Being able to prepare your own meals is also a huge bonus, especially if you can't afford villa prices. The biggest downside to Fort Wilderness, in my opinion, is that you need to take internal transportation just to reach the external transportation to the parks.
I would never go without AC in central Florida either, and don't. As far as getting around we rent a golf cart. Much quicker and there is cart parking at the main bus stop as well as the marina. The carts you get from Disney are, like anything Disney- Expensive. We actually have our own cart but no trailer. The trailer isn't the issue, the wife is. She doesn't want it "messed up". LOL If we go back I'll be dragging my own cart. Aside from that, we won't be staying in any of the hotels ever again. We bring our own.

PrincessNelly_NJ

I would say All star Music or Sports pending a renovation. We are giving ASM a try for 3 nights since I scored it for $70 a night after taxes (thank you priceline!), I dont think I could stay any longer than that at a value resort.

Just not our style really.

UPDATE: As self proclaimed resort snobs. We LOVE All Star Movies!!! We were shocked how much we enjoyed it actually. From pictures, it looked like it might be a little run down-ish or outdated but it wasn't at all! So much so, that we booked an 8 day trip in January there! ;) So I'm eating my words now.

AugieMorosco

Real World: I've only stayed at Pop and really only Pop and All Star Movies are on my radar. Cost will prohibit me from staying at any others for the foreseeable future. I'd rather do 8 or 9 days in a value than 4 or 5 in a moderate, since I'm there for the parks and the room is a place to stay. We have no kids, so space is not an issue.

If cost were not a factor, I would love to try them all at least once. Of the Deluxe and Moderates, The Grand Floridian seems least appealing to me (though I'd probably give it a slight edge in desirability over All Star Sports ;)).

Raineman

Any of the values-again. When we needed to save some $, Pop was good, but that isn't an issue now and the theming of the values is too..busy for me at this point in my life. Also, no to CBR. That resort is huge, and the only extended periods of walking I like is within the parks. I'll stick with POFQ as long as I can.

Stellajack

Premium Member
I hope Disney gave you some compensation for that nightmare ----Gross
I won't mention the resort, but my husband, son and little grandson were checking in to their resort April 2018 when they would do the runDisney Star Wars Darkside race. After CHECK-in and bags from DME were placed in the room, Disney sent a text to them in the park informing them that bedbugs had been reported in the room they were assigned to. Their luggage from DME was taken for "high temperature decontamination", $$$ were given to DH, DS, and DGS to get new clothes from resort shop while their luggage and room was being "decontaminated" (several hours). They also were given a generous monetary refund. Since the package was already paid for an entire week, the refund actually took care of the cost of their food and some souvenirs with money left over. I suspect this may be the case for all those who are placed in a room in which bedbugs are discovered.

Stellajack

Premium Member
Don't ever have a plan to stay at any deluxe, except for AKL where we have stayed three times and loved it. Though Wilderness Lodge is incredibly beautiful, friends have told us that the rooms do not do much to block noise from other rooms and hallways. No plans to stay at any of the "beach resorts" as the beach atmosphere no longer holds any appeal for us. Of course, all of this is sheer personal preference.

Shouldigo12

Original Poster
Don't ever have a plan to stay at any deluxe, except for AKL where we have stayed three times and loved it. Though Wilderness Lodge is incredibly beautiful, friends have told us that the rooms do not do much to block noise from other rooms and hallways. No plans to stay at any of the "beach resorts" as the beach atmosphere no longer holds any appeal for us. Of course, all of this is sheer personal preference.
Just it case it means anything- my mom had the same worry about noise, and we really weren't ever bothered by other guests. Even with a room right by the elevator. It might have just been luck, but noisy people weren't a problem for us.

zeebs758

In the Parks
Yes
I've never stayed at a moderate or value resort before. I don't think I'll be staying at any resort that isn't DVC anymore. My father-in-law is a DVC member and we always use his points when we stay so we kinda luck out there. My hope is to at least visit every resort though.

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I don't ever have a desire for All Start Sports. Not a fan of the themeing at all. I am a self proclaimed deluxe snob and nothing has beat the Yacht Club for me yet. I love having a balcony so it's hard for me to want to stay at anything else.

Khcuttin

Just curious if anyone else has a resort that they can't ever see themselves staying at, even if money and other annoying issues like that weren't a factor ;) . For me it's the Contemporary. It just looks so drab and plain compared to all of the others. If I want to stay at a hotel that looks like every other, I'll save myself a few hundred dollars a night and go off site.
100 percent would stay off property ( yes I know that's Blasphemest) before I stayed at any of the All Stars! Now I say that, but I personally know many people that have enjoyed staying there. The biggest turn off is all of the sports teams, dance teams, cheer teams, graduation trips, etc..... It can LITERALLY be overrun by thousands of preteens with little to NO adult supervision. The lines are long for food, the pools are overcrowded, and the the reviews about the overall disrespect for others being on vacation is appalling. So NEVER will I stay at the All Stars. Now remember, thats just ME. Many others love it, but im not "wired" that way, lol.

Khcuttin

CS. Just not a southwest theme fan. Now the new tower could make me rethink that a bit, I suppose
OMGoodness, my eyes!! It hurt them to read such blasphemy, lol!!! Im kidding!!! I LOVE Coronado Springs! They refurbed all the rooms and the new tower is AMAZING!!!!!!! The whole resort has leaped into another class. PLEASE visit again. I think you will see a VAST improvement!!!

I would never stay at the Contemporary. Like others have said it’s so drab.
I wouldn’t do old key west, saragotta springs, or boardwalk because of the clown pool. I’m scared of clowns.

I don’t think I would do a value resort again. The hoards of cheerleading teams screaming in the pool and hallway all night was not fun.

Khcuttin

for me, as a single traveler now, any value is about all I can afford. especially since when I go, I like to stay 15-20 days (longest trip was 21). and I have stopped in and eaten/shopped/walked around/just took a break at every resort. as much as I would LOVE to stay at the Wilderness or Animal Kingdom Lodges or the Poly, I just couldn't afford their rates. so any resort above moderate is out of my reach
There is NOTHING wrong with that!! Hey, more power ( and money ) to you if you can stay up to 21 days! I do encourage you to do a split stay at least 1 time, maybe Coronado? The issue usually is the amenities, you really don't know WHAT you are missing until you stay at a Moderate or Deluxe. The pools, the food, etc....but if staying at any value resort makes you feel happy, then continue to do it. Everyone is different and has different wants and needs..Take care.

Khcuttin

As a lifelong, but casual Star Wars fan, the idea behind this hotel holds zero appeal for me. I like themeing, I like a certain amount of the suspension of disbelief you experience at Disney World. But after a long day in the parks, the last thing I want to is to play more make believe. I want to relax and unwind. Something about the idea of a bunch of adults pretending to be in the Star Wars universe I find rather... well, both sad and a little unnerving.
A cast member last week told me that there are only going to be 70 Rooms at the new Star Wars Hotel!!------'''70"???????????
None of us have to worry about staying there or not if there are only 70 rooms?????? Did anyone else hear that, or did I have a bad dream and have mistaken it for reality??????

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom