What quick service places should I avoid?

KikoKea

We eat at QS far more often than TS, and are very pleased with the choices and quality, as a rule. But, we avoid fried or battered items, except french fries, and that seems to help a great deal. We also check the menus before leaving home and have an idea of where we want to eat. There are lots of places to find food reviews with pictures of Disney food, too.

NiarrNDisney

I haven't had many bad experiences dining around property but the ones I have had do stand out so here is my list with the reason why.

ABC Commissary (DHS) - Not only was the food cold it was just plain terrible and the dining room wasn't the cleanest.

Contempo Café - This place is a mad house and it gives me anxiety! The food is ok but the seating is ridiculous and all around the restaurant reminds me of a bad mall food court.

Lunching Pad (MK) - The dining area (aka stroller parking lot) is a mess not to mention always seems to be sweltering hot and crowded plus the food isn't great. If you want a hotdog go to Casey's on Mainstreet.

Outpost (Epcot) - Hardly any seating and why eat here when all they serve is hotdogs and ice cream. Why not walk a little south to Germany and have a Bratwurst or a Franfurt? I would much rather go to Italy to have Gelato!

Pinocchio Village Haus (MK) - The old menu wasn't great and frankly my experience dining there was loud and crowded but I here the food is better now and BoG opening nearby has alleviated the crowding a bit.

Pizza Planet (DHS) - If I wanted to eat cardboard with ketchup and some melted cheese I can do it at home for much cheaper. No thanks!

Promenade Refreshments (Epcot) Why eat here when there are amazing CS options around World Showcase!

Refreshment Port (Epcot) - Once again there is not much seating also besides the much beloved Cronut they really don't offer anything else. I would rather the Mouse actually build a real CS for Canada that serves food that represents the country (Mmm and poutine) instead of this shack of fried food! (BTW bring back the fried shrimp basket)

PinnySmart

I haven't had many bad experiences dining around property but the ones I have had do stand out so here is my list with the reason why.

ABC Commissary (DHS) - Not only was the food cold it was just plain terrible and the dining room wasn't the cleanest.

Contempo Café - This place is a mad house and it gives me anxiety! The food is ok but the seating is ridiculous and all around the restaurant reminds me of a bad mall food court.

Lunching Pad (MK) - The dining area (aka stroller parking lot) is a mess not to mention always seems to be sweltering hot and crowded plus the food isn't great. If you want a hotdog go to Casey's on Mainstreet.

Outpost (Epcot) - Hardly any seating and why eat here when all they serve is hotdogs and ice cream. Why not walk a little south to Germany and have a Bratwurst or a Franfurt? I would much rather go to Italy to have Gelato!

Pinocchio Village Haus (MK) - The old menu wasn't great and frankly my experience dining there was loud and crowded but I here the food is better now and BoG opening nearby has alleviated the crowding a bit.

Pizza Planet (DHS) - If I wanted to eat cardboard with ketchup and some melted cheese I can do it at home for much cheaper. No thanks!

Promenade Refreshments (Epcot) Why eat here when there are amazing CS options around World Showcase!

Refreshment Port (Epcot) - Once again there is not much seating also besides the much beloved Cronut they really don't offer anything else. I would rather the Mouse actually build a real CS for Canada that serves food that represents the country (Mmm and poutine) instead of this shack of fried food! (BTW bring back the fried shrimp basket)
You haven't had many bad experiences but you post a list a mile long. Looks to me like you have had more bad experiences than most.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I think you might find yourself in the minority there, at least regarding the "nasty" part. I won't say BOG's ham sandwich was the BEST ham sandwich I've ever had, but it is easily in the top 5.

I have eaten at Be Our Guest quite a few times and have always gotten the ham sandwich. I too would classify it as one of the best, except for the last time I at there in March it was really bad. The bread was super dry, not much of the bechamel, and the whole thing was lukewarm. It was really disappointing.l I will probably still eat at the restaurant again but maybe try something different. But every place has off days and can have nasty food sometimes.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I've had a couple bad lunches at the Electric Umbrella at Epcot, I would avoid that one, especially with all the variety at World Showcase so close by.

NonnaT

I think the problem isn't the quality of DHS eateries in and of themselves. They're very good. It's just that other QS spots all over WDW have set the bar so high that they look bad by comparison.
Hmmm, have to agree!

You think that's absurd, try discussing the actor who played Burt in Mary Poppins.
Steppin' time, Steppin' time! Good ole D*I*C*K* Lol, unfortunate moniker!

Slowjack

Wow, I hadn't realized that so many of us have relatively high opinions of WDW QS options. While I wouldn't say I'd ever had a completely awful experience anywhere, I do avoid most QS places, and think the ones that are actually good are greatly outnumbered by those that are merely accomplishing the task of getting you fed without killing you. In the MK, for example, I would prefer to avoid anything except the Columbia Harbor House (and half the appeal there is the atmosphere upstairs). I'm not much of fan of anything at DHS. At AK, I avoid Pizzafari--again, it's not absolutely awful, but it's the kind of quality that you wouldn't eat if you had a decent pizza place within reach. At Epcot, there are places I would probably avoid except there are so many good meals to be had, I never even think about it.

carriebeth

2 years ago we had a great meal at Pinocchios. Everyone in the family was happy. Last year it was terrible. The chicken sandwich had ribbons of tough tendon like things and hard things in it and a bunch of fat. Really bad. It could have been a one time thing (more than one of us had the chicken, all of ours were nasty) but I am not willing to give it another chance this year...maybe in a few

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom