What puts a smile on your face?

funkyshaker

Original Poster
What one thing, that you have at home, always puts a Disney smile on your face? I have a monorail fridge magnet that when you press a button goes through the different monorail sayings. Always works, everytime. :)

It's amazing how one small thing can transport you miles away?

Another thing I noticed is that every room is my house has one (or more) thing(s) that are Disney related. Whether it be my Mickey toothbrush holder in the bathroom to the Disneyland Paris calender in the hall. Is this normal for a grown-up?

Nansafan

To answer your last question first, yes it is completely normal for a grown-up to have that stuff and have it give you a smile.

That being said, eating off my Mickey plates makes breakfast, lunch, snack time, dinner, dessert etc. even more special. For Christmas that last 2 years, my brother bought me a service of 4 of the Mickey dinnerware. Great plates, great brother!

barnum42

funkyshaker said:
What one thing, that you have at home, always puts a Disney smile on your face? I have a monorail fridge magnet that when you press a button goes through the different monorail sayings. Always works, everytime. :)
I have one of those too. It's the Spanish phrase that gives the biggest grin :D

BRER STITCH

The scrap book I put together from my parents' 40th Anniversary trip to WDW with the whole family.

Such precious moments......

:)

LouDisney

I have one of those Monorail Fridge magnets too. I also have other magnets from my favorite rides and also photo magnet frames with pics from my trips in them.

tigsmom

I have my magnets on the fridge, a small plush Tigger sits on my computer monitor. I have WDW picture frames with pics of vacation in them in a few rooms.

DisneySam

I always get one of the "Four Parks one World" photo albums with the frame on the front. I keep that on my coffee table so I can flip through them and just remember. The one I have now is extra special (because I went so many times in 2003) it has pictures from 3 trips. I also have Pooh heaven in my office...somehow I inherited my brothers, girlfriends Pooh collection...

TheDisneyGirl02

Simply looking at the park map I have in my office. It's enough to transport me back to MK at any time of the day. I always smile when I see it.

TheDisneyGirl02

Cynderella

Oh my there are so many. The main one is prolly the background on my computer of Cinderella's castle. It is the perfect view, from the Tomorrowland Terrace. It makes it so easy to imagine being there. And the pictures I have on my desk from my b/f's first & second trips....such great memories...

Computer Magic

funkyshaker said:
What one thing, that you have at home, always puts a Disney smile on your face?
The Internet. I can visit WDWMAGIC, visit other websites and listen to Disney Radio. That usually transforms me away from the real world and places me in a wonderful world that many of us enjoy.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Our latest picture from Splash Mountain always puts a smile on my face. My 3 year old daughter finally hit 40” so the whole family is in one log and I’m in the front with the little one and her arms are straight up in the air and she has a grin from ear to ear.

WDW_Sam

In my room... I have over 200 disney maps/brochures on my wall. The whole rooms taken up with pictures of florida, i guarantee you'll feel like you are there if you ever walked into it! I always smile when i see all those things from Florida right there in my bedroom. I'll get a picture if you want?

Sam

Disney_Belle

walking into my living room upstairs and seeing my tons of snowglobes disney plush, my ornaments frames, posters, etc. that makes me happy :)

WDW_Sam

You floridians are so lucky to live a matter of minutes (sometiems just over an hour or 2) away and are able to get in a car and get there... I have to travel on a jet airplane going at 632mph for 9 hours until i get over there!!!

LOL!

Sam

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
WDW_Sam said:
You floridians are so lucky to live a matter of minutes (sometiems just over an hour or 2) away and are able to get in a car and get there... I have to travel on a jet airplane going at 632mph for 9 hours until i get over there!!!

LOL!

Sam
So move to Florida already! We can get the BBC on this side of the pond and there are plenty of places were you can get a warm pint. :lol:

MommytoMJM

When I am on the internet, my dd sees the icons and smilies and avatars on the boards and starts shouting (POOH, POOH, POOH!!!) She can only say Mickey (Mi iey) if prompted, Pooh is the only one she says spontaneously so everytime she sees anything having to do wiht WDW she says this.....takes me right back. Of course, that is easy to do for me since I am only ever 5 or 6 days until my next trip...

MKCustodial

I have some stuff that I listen too all the time in the computer, there's my "Disney Team" CM keychain, and various plastic figures throughout my working area... But I guess the grin come whenever I face my "1999 Cast Holiday Celebration" clock... Brings back a lot of great memories.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom