What old attraction would you re-imagine?

dman1373

Original Poster
I for one would re-imagine and bring back alien encounter. Have it with an updated animatronic and maybe even a new story. It was one of my favorite rides and it could be even better.

dannyboyindc

I think a re imagined Horizons would be amazing. Even the future scenes in the original attraction are still ahead of our time, sans the one piece outfits :p

bgraham34

I think a re imagined Horizons would be amazing. Even the future scenes in the original attraction are still ahead of our time, sans the one piece outfits :p

I agree with you. This has to be my all time favorite attraction. I would give my coworkers Kidneys to ride this again.

rsoxguy

Horizons. If the basic elements that made it a classic attraction were kept intact, but changes were made involving the future of humanity according to technological advances made since the 1980's, I think it would be an attraction that could survive for a long time.

luv

I'd add a scene or two to CoP, if I could only do one thing.

For extinct stuff, I'll do Horizons, too.

I_heart_Tigger

Peter Pan's Flight...make it much bigger and more grand than it is now

This is what I was thinking as well. I love the attraction but it seems to go by so fast.

Also as someone who thought 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea was laughable and a waste of time (*d__________g tomatoes*) I would like to see it brought back as something more than a bunch of fake looking fish attached to really visible ropes.

Maybe a Spider-man type attraction could work for that - part moving, part 3D with some effects like feeling the giant squid shake your ride vehicle, the shark attack scene could also be quite scary in 3D. I would like to see it re-imagined with state of the art technology to see if it would be a better experience for me.

EDIT: and apparently one can't "Duck" on this thread without being censored - Donald would be livid :lol:

HookEmHorns

Test Track :\....I mean I know I will enjoy the new version but I will always miss the queue with the dummies.

Wonders of Life pavilion.
Keep things from the old one and make it more modern.

Old Imagination after-ride experience.

Prince-1

I know it's not an attraction but I would love to see River Country with a make-over. Loved that place when I was younger.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Its too bad most of you haven't been able to experience 20,000 Leagues at DisneySEA, the ride system is completely different, but the way its done is actually quite cool and you even get to move your own flashlight to highlight certain things.

Minnie1976

I don't want to re-imagine any rides. I would like the skyway, 20,000 leagues, Motion, Horizons, the original Imagination, Wedway to be called Wedway again, being able to make reservations for restaurants the day I feel like eating there and not having to decide months ahead of time where i want to eat. No Meet and Greets(they use to have these where you stand in line forever now.) No playgrounds and coloring places for children when I can see my grandchildren doing these things at home and having to pay thousands to see them play on play equipment which they can do less than a mile from my house or coloring that they can do at my kitchen table. Sorry I don't get the last. No, I'm not mean, but I've taken my children there since the 70's and never needed that stuff and guess what they were happy just to be at DW. We evidently created good memories because both boys love to return to DW with their children.

DisneyWall-E

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea for sure.

+1. What they could do with this ride with today's tech would be mind blowing.
Like add Augmented Reality to each persons portholes or something like that... BOOM... mind just blown. Make each sides scenes different so there will be a little rerideability to it.

Walt Disney1955

Well, I know the issues with River Country (the water) might make it impossible to re-do over again but is it out of the realm of possibility for it to happen?

The Empress Lilly

Imagination, Alien Encounter and Toad would still totally work today without a re-imagining.

Horizons for me then. I wouldn't change to much, just the update it would've needed anyway even if it had never been removed.
The first half - the future of the past - can be carried over as it was, perhaps with an extra scene of 60s-80s futurism. Make it a nod to Disney and EPCOT the city.
The double Soarin' stays too, can't beat two Imax screens.
The last half follows the same formula of old, but updated. The formula of a family living in different futuristic environments, build around a storyline of their keeping in touch and coming together.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom