What obscure location in “the world” has special meaning for you?

Mrs.Toad

Great thread!

I know I have more....

But I really love the bridge-walkway when you leave the UK pavilion and if you turn right you leave Epcot and go near the Yacht and Beach.

Makes me sad because that is also when I usually leave Epcot for the last time.

Also, I love the little sitting area on the left when entering Main Street. They are in front of the bathrooms like near the Fire Dept.

In Hollywood Studios, I love sitting near the dinosaur and in front of the 50's and Hollywood and Vine.

CP_alum08

Ive got 2 -

At Caribbean Beach, looking out over the big lake at sunset. Not the lake behind the food court but the other big one towards the back of the property. I used to work at CB and sometimes on by breaks I would just go sit there and watch the sunset.

My other is the Emporium on Main St. I love it at night after Wishes when it's jam packed with people, call me crazy, I know! We never buy anything at that time, but I love to people watch in there.

I lied, I have three! My third is the queue for BTMR (when its not super busy) I love being able to hear the cars and being up just high enough to look out over the park.

tizzo

Ours is right near there. There is a covered seating area with some tables and chairs across from the Treehouse, running from Aloha Isle to the bathrooms. We like to sit in there to eat our Dole Whips. It's a little more private than the benches because there is (or used to be) a wall of vegetation blocking it off from the walkway.

Ugh. Returned to the MK for the first time in a while, several months at least, and found that our "special" area was maybe a little too obscure. So obscure, in fact, that they enclosed it and turned it into a men's bathroom! :(

It's a nice bathroom, but still...

I don't know what they did with the old one, it's just behind a closed door now.

powlessfamily4

The benches across from the Dole Whip counter in Adventureland right by the Swiss Family Treehouse. I usually get a Dole Whip and sit over there and soak in the atmosphere.

That is exactly where I had my first Dole Whip on my frist trip to WDW 2 weeks ago. I am sure I will have many more to come at that same location! :p

scoobygirl39541

I have a few.

The one moment that always comes to mind is from my very first trip to MK. You know on BTMR when you get to that point where you're climbing the mountain outside and to your right is the castle? Well, I can always remember that time we rode it during the extra magic hours. When we reached that point of the mountain, it was like everything was in slow motion. I mean, there I was 11 years old, on a night where all my friends were in bed for school the next day and I was on the top of BTMR on a warm spring evening looking over at Cinderella's Castle at 1 in the morning. Life was perfect at that moment haha

Restaurantosaurus is a huge in special meaning. My love and fascination for dinosaurs came from my dad and growing up we'd always play dino games on the computer or try to learn all the names and stuff. So the whole dino land in AK is very special to us (no so much the carnival end though). Our favorite place is restaurantosaurus. We look forward to eating/relaxing in there every time we visit. Plus, being the dorks that we are, we always get out of the name, "Restaurant" with "osaurus" tacked on the end hahaha!

My third is definitely the lobby of AKL and the rocking chairs by the fire. My dad and I always sat out there drinking hot cocoa (meanwhile it was like 75+ degrees at night haha)

LiveyMouse22

Behind Cinderella Castle, on the walkway between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland there's a wishing well. Years ago my parents, brother, and I used to always take a picture there as a family and it just symbolized coming home and being with your family in the happiest place. :D:wave:

Catch16a

Light Pole # 2 on the right as you walk towards the castle in MK. This is just past the ice cream shop. This is where I proposed to my wife during the Wishes fireworks!

Cmdr_Crimson

This is my Favorite spot...Innoventions (Vintage Communicore) by the old 25th exhibit timeline...
DSC03688.jpg

And Here I am sitting there...in the reflection..That's Imagination out there and the moon thing on the top right....Well...It's the moon..:lol:
DSC03690.jpg

No one goes in that area that much. So It's nice and relaxing to listen to my favorite music loop for awhile.....Even tho I have the loop on my mp3 player....:lol:

Est1971

Yacht club lobby during the holidays, the smell is absoultely amazing!!! makes you feel so calm and relaxed...

Watching Wishes at California Grill...

Grabbing a cold beer in the 50's Prime Time bar in MGM...

WEDisney

Magic Kingdom:
~The bench on the right just before the bridge as you enter Adventureland. I am not sure if this has been turned into a smoking section.
~The pathway from Mickey’s Toon Town to Tomorrowland (Always empty)

EPCOT:
~The bench under the escalator in the Living Seas
~Around the Deck that Surrounds Mitsukoshi Department Store in Japan (Facing the Lagoon)
~Inside the glass pyramid of Imagination (been closed for some time)
~The pathway leaving (or entering) EPCOT that runs by the kennel club.

MGM:
~The Bench right next to dinosaur Gertie
~The fountain at the back of animation courtyard
~Tower of Terror Queue

Animal Kingdom:
~Dinosaur Exhibit after the attraction
~Paths that surround the Tree of Life

Downtown Disney:
~The benches behind Wetzel’s Pretzels that overlook the water
~Back of parking lot behind Cirque du Soleil (weird one)

The Village:
~Just about every inch of it.
~Outdoor theater by World of Disney
~Benches surrounding the water

Resorts:
~Isolation Hill (hill at Polynesian that overlooks the Seven Seas Lagoon) (family named)
~Beach between Wedding Pavilion and Polynesian (very secluded)
~Pathway between Poly and Grand Floridian
~The volcano Pool at the Poly a night
~Area outside of Boatwrights
~Any view of the lake at the Caribbean Beach Resort
~The Observation Deck at the Contemporary
~The old arcade (now the wave) at the Contemporary in the wee hours of the morning
~The Outer Rim Lounge at the Contemporary
~Outside any of the doors in the Grand Floridian that lead to the grassy areas that slope into the lagoon
~The Lobby of the Wilderness lodge
~Pathway from the dock to the resort at the Wilderness Lodge
~The Lobby of the Animal Kingdom Lodge
~Jiko in the Animal Kingdom
~The pool in the Animal Kingdom at night
~The hallways of the Dolphin ad Swan at night (very eerie but cozy)
~The Lounge at the Beach Club
~Panchito’s Gifts in Coronado Springs
~All of the trails in Ft. Wilderness

Other:
~The Lazy River in Typhoon Lagoon
~The lily-pad pond by the Village Resorts
~The little shop at the TTC that is surrounded by tree cover

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom