What obscure location in “the world” has special meaning for you?

zurgandfriend

Wilderness Lodge Sitting Area

In the main lobby of the Wilderness Lodge there is a landing with a sitting area (areas?) between floors. If you have a room that opens into the main lobby this area is above the main door. It’s a great place to read the newspaper in the morning while waiting for the family to get up and get dressed.

DiPSU224

On Main Street next to the bakery, there are little steps that lead up to a fake door facade. My husband and I always sit here our first morning of vacation while enjoying a pastry from the bakery. It's tucked back and out of the way and we love sitting there and watching the crowds rush into the park. Only once have we found someone else sitting there. It's our little spot.

PurpleDragon

Ours is right near there. There is a covered seating area with some tables and chairs across from the Treehouse, running from Aloha Isle to the bathrooms. We like to sit in there to eat our Dole Whips. It's a little more private than the benches because there is (or used to be) a wall of vegetation blocking it off from the walkway.

Plus, unless I'm thinking of the wrong place, those benches either are a smoking section or are treated that way by many guests, because there always seems to be the smell of smoke as you walk by there. Only an issue if that kind of thing bothers you I guess - it sometimes triggers my allergies so I try to avoid it.

Actually on my last visit I sat where you are speaking of. It was late in the evening and I had that whole seating area to myself. So I enjoyed my Dole Whip in peace. I think I like that place better anyway, less traffic thru there. :p

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
My special place

F-and-W-Day-1-136.JPG

cynic710

the "jumping" fountains in epcot and the 20,000 leagues under the sea, both places were focal points of the last trip i took to disney as a complete family, as my parents divorced about a year after that trip. though ive been back its not ever the same..

maggiegrace1

*stole Nibbs picture*..:D

This hammock on the beach at the Polynesian..have been going there for years and it is amazing, romantic and has the best views..especially at night..It is my a special place for my husband and I..:D

Attachments

• 9732_1184740751810_1626994901_535254_2760349_n.jpg
    9732_1184740751810_1626994901_535254_2760349_n.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 42

DiPSU224

*stole Nibbs picture*..:D

This hammock on the beach at the Polynesian..have been going there for years and it is amazing, romantic and has the best views..especially at night..It is my a special place for my husband and I..:D

We layed on that hammock every night on our honeymoon at the Poly after returning from the parks. It's in a quiet tucked away spot with a perfect view of the castle. Bliss.

sorcerergoofy

Mine would have to be sitting under the tree that's right off to the left, in front of Cinderella's Castle. We always go there about an hour and a half before Wishes begins. It's always nice to sit there with my family and just chill after a long day in the park. Also, Tinker Bell flies right over you!! Seeing Wishes from that spot, for me, is what the Disney magic is all about.

jmani56

That spot walking from the Epcot resort area into Epcot... the lower path under the bridge where nobody seems to walk. I like to hang out there and watch the boats go by. Paris to the left, Boardwalk to the right. Perfect.

BrerFrog

The Rose Garden at the Magic Kingdom. The reason why it is so special is because I worked two amazing shifts at that exact location on December 30th and December 31st. I worked, had some fun and watched Fantasy in the Sky twice! :sohappy:

I will never have such a fantastic couple of days of work.

JWG

Behind the Contemporary hotel, there's a "Mickey Ears" sculpture that sits between the hotel and the bay. It looks like a metal Mickey ears hat sticking out of the ground, about 7-8 feet tall...

Anyway, it's where we had a family photo taken during a trip in 1998. It was the first trip my then girlfriend (now wife and mom of my DD) took with my family and our first "family photo".

It's also the trip I convinced my parents to do the DVC tour so they'd buy it and I wouldn't have to :ROFLOL:

diddy_mouse

On the pathway in front of the Tomorrowland Noodle Terrace (if that's even still it's name) there is a bench that offers a pretty unobstructed view of the castle. I remember sitting there the first night of our honeymoon with a jalapeno cheese pretzel waiting for Wishes to start. I could hear the faint announcements from the TTA overhead and I remember just soaking in the atmosphere. Sadly the last time we were there, the bench was gone. :(

Though not really obscure, DH and I would stake out a table in front of Ghirardelli's after I get my traditional fudge brownie sundae. It's so relaxing just sitting there after running around at the parks. If we are staying at POFQ we tend to take the boat back. Now *that* is fantastic.

TigerBravo1977

Mine is the beach at Fort Wilderness Campground, near where River Country used to be. I had some memories from there on a high school band trip from my senior year in 1995. It was just one of those times when my mind just made some strong memories despite the fact that nothing special really happened there. I couldn't remember where the place was, but I found it again with some help from the folks on here.

DisneyFan1003

The swan boat dock in the Rose Garden - that's where I proposed. We make a stop down there on every trip to just have a "moment".

The umbrella tables outside of Casey's on Main Street. One of our first stops is always at Casey's for a hotdog and fries. We sit at those tables, listen to the piano player, stare at the Castle and "know" that we're on vacation!

Two weeks from today.....bring it on! :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom