What Obscure Characters have you Met

jwutony16

Courtney6682

2001...Those kids are now 28, 17 and 19!!:eek::eek:

littlejohn.jpg

brb1006

I love these threads! Seeing old photos and all of the obscure characters makes me wish they did something to bring them all out on a regular basis!
Reminds me of how Thumper used to be meetable during the 70's but then make a return to the park in the mid 2000's. He and Miss Bunny were common at AK back when Camp Minnie Mickey existed but now that the area is gone. Thumper and rarely Miss Bunny comes out to meet guests anymore. You only get to see them easier at the Easter pre-parade at MK.

brb1006

We have been very fortunate to meet many really rare and rare(just because they cutback) characters over the years. Darkwing Duck, Launchpad Mcquack, I think all of Robin Hood gang, Rabbit from Pooh was a surprise, Clarice, Max, Lotso, Chicken Little and Abby, Meeko, Jiminey Cricket, Frollo, Kuzco and Kronk, Stromboli and the gang from Pinochio, Quasi, Esmeralda and Clopin, Stanley, Kermit & Miss Piggy, Maxx, Horace and Clarabelle, Clara Cluck, all 3 Cabelleros, Abu, Louis(Alligator), all Country Bears, and all Alice characters at WDW, Gov Ratcliffe,Terk , Flik and Atta, and all the Brers. I am sure there are many more , but I'd have to really look through a list or at our pics.
You lucky dog, I guess you must have been at a character palooza or something?

IanDLBZF

I remember seeing Jose & Panchito at Epcot on 2/18/2009, near the Mexico Pavilion. I didn't meet them though (I was afraid to do so at the time).

thomas998

Has anyone ever created of list of all the characters? Seems like seeing a list of what characters were ever spotted would come in handy in determining if your character meeting was rare or not... We've seen some over the year but only one time... though I still don't know if who I've seen was a rarity or if I just haven't been lucky in the other visits.

Few I'm not sure about that've seen only once were the girl mouse from Cinderella, Cruella, Queen of Hearts, Evil Queen from Snow White... Are any of those rare? Or did we simply misses them in all the other trips.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I think "rare" is directly proportional to when you met the character in relation to when the movie came out. I mean, a lot of characters are pretty readily available around when their movie came out/when they were popular, but are now almost impossible to find. For example, I have pictures of me with the Ninja Turtles and the characters from the TV Show Dinosaurs from when they were at MGM Studios. Now, that might be considered rare, but back then, they were all over the place. Similarly, and more recently, I have pictures of me with Hiro from Big Hero 6... again, back then, easy to find, now, not so much. A true "rare" encounter to me would be getting a pic with ANY of the Emperor's New Groove characters in the past 5 years while NOT at a Halloween party.

brb1006

Not sure what a character palooza is. We have seen all these at WDW parks over the last 20 years or so. Many characters used to be out in the good old days!
I guess Character Palooza is more of a Disneyland Paris thing where every once in a while a batch of rare characters would come out. It might be a thing at Disneyland

brb1006

Has anyone ever created of list of all the characters? Seems like seeing a list of what characters were ever spotted would come in handy in determining if your character meeting was rare or not... We've seen some over the year but only one time... though I still don't know if who I've seen was a rarity or if I just haven't been lucky in the other visits.

Few I'm not sure about that've seen only once were the girl mouse from Cinderella, Cruella, Queen of Hearts, Evil Queen from Snow White... Are any of those rare? Or did we simply misses them in all the other trips.
I remember a few websites that has almost a complete list of characters at the Disney parks. Including ones that no longer show up,rare ones, to ones only found during the holidays.

Figments Friend

Roger Rabbit in 2015... at Disneyland.
I was thrilled, and I normally don't get too excited or worked up about meeting the characters.
But Roger was different.
I really miss his prescense at DHS.

Other unusual characters I've had some great encounters with over recent years -

Sweetums
Three of the Country Bears, in a group ( Big Al, Wendal, and Liver Lips McGrowl )
Kenei and Koda ( paired set )
'Figzillia' ( the short lived large walkaround version of Figment at Epcot )
Safari Mickey and Minnie at DAK ( EMH paired set )
Rabbit ( from Winnie the Pooh, Halloween Party )
Governer Ratcliffe ( DAK entrance - character mingle days of yore )
Pocahontas ( Conversation Station )
Jiminy Cricket ( ditto )

-

Last edited:

Ag11gani

I think you mean Clarice was Chip and Dale's crush. I remember she was pretty popular in Japan and has appears in various merchandise. I remember the last time Clarice was spotted at WDW was during Easter of 2009 at the Polynesian Resort.

She is common in Paris and Tokyo though.

Clarice was acctualy at MK for the DVC party they had a couple months ago, along with other characters such as Bowler Hat Guy, Launchpad and Darkwing, Chicken Little and Abbey Mallard, Pinocchio, Giddion, Foulfellow, Dr. Facillier. Really wish I was there.

brb1006

Clarice was acctualy at MK for the DVC party they had a couple months ago, along with other characters such as Bowler Hat Guy, Launchpad and Darkwing, Chicken Little and Abbey Mallard, Pinocchio, Giddion, Foulfellow, Dr. Facillier. Really wish I was there.
I'm a bit jealous knowing that.

DABIGCHEEZ

Some others over the years off the top of my head...

Carnotaurus, Conniesaurus, Rexie and Roxie at AK(bet some folks don't even know who they are!)
Max, Bert, Mary and Mr. Penguin, Bullseye and the Wreck-it Ralph set.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom