What not to miss

mynonnie

We have been to DW 7 or 8 times. We stay at BW or BC. The only thing 'extra' we have seen I believe is the fireworks at Epcot. We are flying kids and grandkids down from Wisconsin and want to make sure we don't miss anything. Please tell me about the other night shows, which cruise is best or where is the best spot to see them and what else should we not miss, such as the Hoop De Doo. We usually character dine at Crystals and Chef Mickey. Is there one that is better. And, finally, is breakfast at the Castle just for little girls? We will have 2 - 10 year old boys. My daughter and I would love to see the inside of the castle but figured the breakfast was more little girl and more banquet type.

Thanks in advance!
Nonnie

Carolyn1717

First off, if you coming within the next 180 days, you probably will not even get reservations at the castle, it sells out 180 prior to arrival dates in about 5 minutes every morning. It is the hardest restaurant on property to get.

Of course you want to do all the exciting rides, especially the new ones. Don't miss the "Fantasmic" show it is fabulous. Other than that just go and have a great time. Make sure you do make dining reservations for you favorite restaurants before the trip so as not to get locked out of something you really want to do....

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

HS Fantasmic, MK Wishes, MK Spectromagic, MK Dream Come True Parade, HS Block Party Bash, MK Spectromagic, electrical water pageant and they may like P&PP(good for boys/girls), too. 'Ohana's is a good character meal and so is Cape May. Chef Mic is a must see for us every trip.

As far as the castle meal, my friend was there last week with her girls and only called to get the reservation one week before that and got her first pick for times... so it can be done. As far as I know it is princesses, I don't think the 10 yr old boys would like that, but just my opinion.

Upvote 0

wvdisneyfamily

Here are my musts for WDW. I'm assuming that as WDW veteran you know about all of the must do rides. I'll just mention rides if there is a certain must do time with them.

Magic Kingdom
Liberty Tree Tavern
Wishes
Spectromagic Parade
Thunder Mountain at night
***Try to ride Splash or TTA while Wishes is happening. It is a magical experience.***

Epcot
Coral Reef
Test Track at night

The Studios
Fantasmic
Tower of Terror at night
Sci-Fi (Get a milkshake and a sundae. The rest of the food is okay at best.)

Animal Kingdom
Everest at night - WONDERFUL view of WDW from the top
Safari as EARLY as possible in the morning (The animals are more active in the morning.)

Rest of the World
1900 Park Fare dinner at Grand Flo (The strawberry soup is to die for!) This is a Cinderella dinner. The boys may enjoy it though.

Whispering Canyon Cafe at the WL - This is a really fun dinner for kids.

Check out Fort Wilderness. There are lots of activities for kids there especially if they like horses.

I'm sure you are familiar with Downtown Disney. The lego store is always fun for kids as is the World of Disney.

Have a great trip!:wave:

Upvote 0

mynonnie

Original Poster
Thanks for the tips. We love all the rides you mentioned but have only done test track at night. Just got reservations for the Segway Tour for the big guys and we were going to the Castle for breakfast the same morning but looks like it may not be for the boys. I was able to get reservations today for our August visit but looks like we may need to cancel. Made ressies at Whispering Canyon and Chef Mickey's too.

I wish we were leaving tomorrow.

Thanks,
Nonnie

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom