What not to miss in world showcase?.

kasey1988

A big regret from last trip was not spending much time in world showcase, so since we are planning an 11 day trip next time I want to take a whole afternoon to dedicate to world showcase. What are some not misses, shows? Gift shops? Photo spots?

ParentsOf4

11 days but only "a whole afternoon to dedicate to world showcase"? No way, it's not enough time!;)

First the bad. It gets hot in the WS, not a good place to be during a typical Florida summer afternoon. Hopefully, you're going when it's cooler.

Second, as far as "must do" attractions, it's really only the Maelstrom (Norway) and the American Adventure.

Third, we typically like spending an afternoon and evening strolling around the WS, stopping at all the shops, sampling drinks & food. Although we've been there many times, I'm always amazed at how long we spend in WS even when we don't see any of the films. The best part is not feeling rushed to go from one attraction to the next. With the exception of the Maelstrom, there's no typical standing in lines. We always find it one of the most relaxing parts of vacationing at WDW.

If you have young ones, the Kidcot stops are simple but fun. For slightly older ones, try one of the Agent P's Adventures. Our favorite is in the U.K.

Upvote 0

kasey1988

Original Poster
11 days but only "a whole afternoon to dedicate to world showcase"? No way, it's not enough time!;)

First the bad. It gets hot in the WS, not a good place to be during a typical Florida summer afternoon. Hopefully, you're going when it's cooler.

Second, as far as "must do" attractions, it's really only the Maelstrom (Norway) and the American Adventure.

Third, we typically like spending an afternoon and evening strolling around the WS, stopping at all the shops, sampling drinks & food. Although we've been there many times, I'm always amazed at how long we spend in WS even when we don't see any of the films. The best part is not feeling rushed to go from one attraction to the next. With the exception of the Maelstrom, there's no typical standing in lines. We always find it one of the most relaxing parts of vacationing at WDW.

If you have young ones, the Kidcot stops are simple but fun. For slightly older ones, try one of the Agent P's Adventures. Our favorite is in the U.K.
Thanks for the tips! We are going in November. The heat was the issue we had last time causing our visit I'm WS to be rushed, we were over full from LeCEllar and the heat, I was not feeling well! I'm sure we will be in world showcase more then once, I just want to dedicate one whole afternoon to exploring the shops and taking in the shows with no rushing for ADRs or fast pass returns :). Any hidden treasures in WS?

Upvote 0

ParentsOf4

Thanks for the tips! We are going in November. The heat was the issue we had last time causing our visit I'm WS to be rushed, we were over full from LeCEllar and the heat, I was not feeling well! I'm sure we will be in world showcase more then once, I just want to dedicate one whole afternoon to exploring the shops and taking in the shows with no rushing for ADRs or fast pass returns :). Any hidden treasures in WS?

Part of the fun of exploring WS is trying to find the hidden treasures. Besides, what we might think of a treasure, you’d consider boring. I certainly have my favorites but my DW’s favorites are different. Try to see some of the street performers.

We rarely eat in the WS anymore. We prefer to sample as we walk. With 4 teenagers in tow, we find ourselves sampling at nearly every country.

We’ll be staying at the Boardwalk for Thanksgiving. November usually is a great month for weather (unless you like to swim a lot). If you are there after Thanksgiving, be sure to give “The Santas” (as my kids call them) a try. Also the Candlelight Processional.

Upvote 0

luv

A big regret from last trip was not spending much time in world showcase, so since we are planning an 11 day trip next time I want to take a whole afternoon to dedicate to world showcase. What are some not misses, shows? Gift shops? Photo spots?
The acrobats in China are amazing and impressive. I'm always fascinated by them. Get there on time. Crowds form and it's hard to see around them. I love Off Kilter in Canada and very much enjoy Mo Rockin.

Mexico and Japan are my favorite shopping places, but Morocco has interesting stuff, too.

There are so many sights and pretty things to find if you want to snap pics. I've taken about ten million pictures, especially in Canada (flowers). Right now, there are these cool-looking ball things near Morocco. I wanted so badly to get a nice pic but the darn people would not get out of the way. They thought their vacation was about doing stuff and not about me taking ball pics. The nerve! ;) It reminded me how hard it is to take pics for tourists. Get there early for picture-taking. :)

Upvote 0

DisneyAubs

For me, my favorites are:
The Mexican Pavilion. I adore the Gran Fiesta Tour! And in the peak of the afternoon heat it is nice to go into the cool and dark "marketplace."

Be sure to get a goodie from Karmel Kuche in Germany. Yum!

As PP mentioned, the acrobats in China are fabulous!

And in the UK pavillion I always try to see British Revolution (band) and the World Showcase Players.

Upvote 0

GabeP

If you are a fan of perfume, both Norway and France have very nice ones--esp. Norway! The rides in WS are in Mexico and Norway. Mexico's is a short river tour featuring donald duck and the 3 cabaleors, while Norway features a more thrilling boat ride depicing a viking journey.

Upvote 0

nc_disneyfreak

In the japan showcase, they sell these glass bottles of japanese soda where this plastic ball needs to be pushed down into the bottle to open it....its really odd and really cool! I say just take your time. The first time we went we just kind of walked through it without taking notice...last time in april 2012, we were there for hours one day, going into the shops in france, italy and morroco, we had our kids to the duffy bear stops where they get thier "passport" stamped...we always take refuge in the american pavilion for lunch lol....i love that place...we have two small kids (6 and 2) so burgers etc is where its at for now until they expand their tastes a bit...

Upvote 0

Disvillain63

No ADR's...then sample the world...food and beverage...
Attractions...Gran Fiesta Tour (Mexico)...watch The Three Caballeros before you leave for your trip...
...Malestrom (Norway)...if you've never seen the movie at the end, then stay and watch it too
...Acrobats (China)and the terracotta army men...watch Mulan before you leave for your trip...
...Glockenspiel (Germany) & miniature train and village
...artwork (Italy)
...The American Adventure (USA)
...Miyuki, a candy artist (Japan)and Matsuriza, the drummers
...MoRockin' (Morocco)
...street performers (France)
...all the entertainment (UK)...British Revolution, The Hat Lady, World Showcase Players
...Off Kilter (Canada) and totem poles and Victoria Garden
Shops...explore and remember if you make a purchase, it can be sent to your resort...

Upvote 0

rob45

Dedicate a whole evening just walk around and experiance WS. Take your time, visit each pavilion, sample the food/drinks if you can. A EPCOT guide will tell the schedules of performers. My favorite time to visit WS is during the food and wine festival, what a way to spend all my snack credits on my meal plan. I like to see Off Kilter, and the British Revolution. I'm a hidden Mickey fan also, each pavilion/area has a hidden Mickey, see if you can find it. Ask a CM to help if needed. With Guiness in hand, off i go in search for hidden Mickeys!

Upvote 0

disneysince71

I have 8 year old twin boys, and they love Phineas and Ferb. So we spend time on the Adventure ( they usually fight over the phone). We did Japan last time. It was actually kinda cool. Like a scavenger hunt of sorts.:cool:
Oh Bethy... I agree! Nick did all of them on our last visit... He loves them! I like to get my DH or DD to help with him and I can take a minute and check out the shops! :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom