What NEW ride/show makes you most excited

DisneyWorldDork

Original Poster
Since everyone seems to be so negitive about the new stuff at WDW, what do you like about the new or upcoming attractions

I for one LOVE the Stitch's Great Escape. I wasnt a fan of EAI. I also love the Lights, Motors, Action Stunt show. I can't wait for Toy Story Mania! Oh and even though i loved it before, I havent been to WDW in a while and havent seen the changes to POTC but I know that Jack Sparrow is probably a good addition to the ride and even if he isnt I still cant wait to see him!

primetime52

Since everyone seems to be so negitive about the new stuff at WDW, what do you like about the new or upcoming attractions

I for one LOVE the Stitch's Great Escape. I wasnt a fan of EAI. I also love the Lights, Motors, Action Stunt show. I can't wait for Toy Story Mania! Oh and even though i loved it before, I havent been to WDW in a while and havent seen the changes to POTC but I know that Jack Sparrow is probably a good addition to the ride and even if he isnt I still cant wait to see him!

Even though I've already ridden it several times since the refurb, I still get very excited to ride the updated Haunted Mansion. I'm also greatly looking forward to Toy Story Mania.

Disneykidder

REALLY looking forward to seeing Toy Story Mania. I love interactive rides. Love Living Seas with Nemo and Turtle Talk with Crush...cracks me up.:)

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Although there are other new attractions and refurbs that were more thrilling, more original, and more of an experience, I find that I am extremely happy and excited with what was done to the Canada movie, because it proves that Disney can get just the right mix of keeping the old while making something new, injecting humor while maintaining substance, and informing while entertaining.

IMHO, Epcot needs a bunch of updates like that one. The Seas with Nemo comes close, but overemphasizes the characters to the detriment of the information just a little too much. JIYI with Figment generally failed, and the Caballeros was a gallant attempt that wasn't executed well. But they got it just right with O Canada.

LoriMistress

Things that DH and I enjoyed/looked forwarded on our Dec '07 trip:

1. HM Refurb...it was brilliant!
  2. EE; wonderful attraction.
  3. MVMCP; lots of fun.
  4. All the restaurants we ate at (Le Cellier, Concourse Steakhouse, AP, etc.)
  5. SSE; light opening was awesome!
  6. TTwC & Laugh Floor; both were pretty good.
  7. Nemo Ride was alright.
  8. Gran Fiesta Tour; it was alright.

primetime52

Although there are other new attractions and refurbs that were more thrilling, more original, and more of an experience, I find that I am extremely happy and excited with what was done to the Canada movie, because it proves that Disney can get just the right mix of keeping the old while making something new, injecting humor while maintaining substance, and informing while entertaining.

I must confess that it's probably been 15 years since I've seen the Canada movie.....

If it looks as good as you say, I will have to check it out on my next trip.

Thiger

Haunted Mansion is absolutely amazing. I ended up riding it like 6-7 times in row and it just feels so amazing now! You'll love it.

TSM sounds really solid and some of the 'maybe coming but who knows' attractions that sound great to me are: Star Tours redux, new night park and American Idol (dont like the show but love to karaoke ;)

ThinkTink721

I always get excited about:

The Mad Tea Party (not new, but I love it)
Dumbo (not new, but I love it)
Peter Pan's Flight (not new, but I love it)
It's A Small World (not new, but I love it)
Splash Mt. (will see recent refurb during Sept. visit)
The Haunted Mansion (refurb makes it seem new)

fizzle75

Wow, I think we're probably the only two people in all of WDWmagicdom that enjoy SGE. I can't quite say I love it but I really enjoy it and I don't think it's anywhere near as bad as folks say it is. I actually love the pre show much more than the actual show itself, particularly the animatronics.

As for recent openings or refurbs that I enjoy and really think Disney nailed...

1. Haunted Mansion(brilliant...nuff said)

2. SSE(despite the naysayers I think it's great and I never believed that the descent was finished)

3. O Canada(Fantastic! We loved the original and we love this one even more. I have always been a big Martin Short fan and his addition to the film brought some much needed humor and charm.)

4. Gran Fiesta(I never enjoyed El Rio Del Tiempo...at all, and I'm a huge Donald Duck and Three Caballeros fan so I was naturally very pleased with this refurb. My only complaint is that I wish they had given it a bigger ending and maybe added Three Caballeros AAs instead of the cartoon at the end...it just feels kinda tacked on.)

5. Yak & Yeti(I was soooo looking forward to this restaurant and it did not dissappoint. AK was in desperate need of a new table service restaurant and Y&K fits the bill nicely. The design and atmosphere are brilliant and the food is fantastic. You absolutely MUST go there just to have the Mango Pie!:slurp:)

Upcoming shows and attractions that I'm excited about...

1. Toy Story Midway Mania(I love Toy Story and it's characters and this ride looks like it's gonna be amazing, I just keep hoping for a soft opening during our trip April 10th-19th. It also makes me long for a Woody's Round Up based dinner show.)

2. Block Party Bash(I love Disney parades and this one looks awesome!)

3. American Idol(I am a huge fan of the show and I haven't missed a season yet. As a vocalist and a massive music lover, I'm really looking forward to this and I think it will be a great addition to DHS.)

4. Animal Kingdom Lodge(AKL is our favorite resort, I could spend an entire vacation there and never leave the grounds, and we are incredibly stoked about the new Kidani Village addition and we can't wait for it to open...it's gonna be breathtaking. We just purchased 100 more DVC points at AKL and we are incredibly excited about staying in the new villas once they open.)

5. Disney's Hollywood Studios(I have always been a defender of this park, especially since it houses my favorite attraction Fantasmic, and I'm so glad to finally see it getting some much needed TLC. I can't wait for the new attractions already mentioned for this park and I'm excited to see what else is in store for it down the road.)

*crosses fingers and prays for a Ratatouille themed restaurant...along with that Woody's Round Up thing*

6. Potential Space Mountain and Star Tours refurbs.

7. Possibility of a night time extravaganza at AK.

8. Contemporary DVC!(Yay!!!:sohappy:)

RussJT

~ New ride/show that I am looking forward to trying: Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor
~ Refurb I am most looking forward to: SSE

(Less than 6 weeks until I will be able to have my own opinion on both.)

H20Babie

I'm looking forward to the HM rehab, SSE rehab and I missed the Gran Fiesta opening last year by one day, so add that one in too. I don't mind Stitch's Great Escape (it is what it is) or Monsters Inc. either.

While I'm not a parade person, I do want to catch the new Block Party Bash next month.

Next year, I'm looking forward to TSM!

JackandSally

I think that the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor is pretty cute. Me and my brother and dad all still call it MILF...and my mom gets all confused when we laugh at that one. It's pretty funny.

EpcotServo

I always look forward to see the New Haunted Mansion. See the changes I love, and look for more!

CAN'T WAIT for TSM. I hope to master that by the time it opens for real!

:D

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Haunted Mansion is fantastic! The whispering gargoyles in the stretching room were enough to scare me for real, and I've been on that attraction more times that I can count.

The new AA's and scenes in SSE are amazing as well. The moving cave drawings? Getting rid of the scary mask-faced guys? Well done WDI! :sohappy: :lol:

I also just went on The Seas with Nemo and Friends for the first time last month. I really enjoyed it.

Thanks for the positive themed thread! We need a few (dozen) more of these around here. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom