What new Disney restaurant would you open?

Hockey89

I am still waiting for my highly themed US restaurant, where it has a variety of dining rooms/sections themed after different iconic areas of the US and menu items representing regional cuisines of the US. In other words, I'd like to sit on the Golden Gate Bridge, and NYC skyscraper, the Grand Canyon, etc. and have New England and Louisiana style seafood for my appetizers, southwestern for my entree, and maybe some key lime pie or something huckleberry for the northwest for dessert.

If you want specific cuisines...real Greek and Jewish deli would be nice. I know there used to be Kouzzina, but we thought it was disappointing.
After her DWI, she was gone quickly from Disney. Her background isn’t impressive so it was always a mystery was she was an iron chef or got any attention.

ppet

I'd take a Nashville hot chicken quick serve in All Star music. How about a Mongolian BBQ in Asia portion of Animal Kingdom.

CAV

Ok guys.. no rumor here, not even a whisper down the lane... this is more of a what would you .like to see..

So, what sort of themed restaurant would you like to see at Disney World???

Name the restaurant, the theme, and what park would you think it fits best?

I know we already discussed a Haunted Mansion restaurant in MK (which I would love to see happen).

But what else would be a cool Disney restaurant?

An easy one would be a Brazilian steak house, but I am talking super themed and Disney style.

My first one would be a Tiana / Princess and the Frog themed New Orleans style restaurant. Location... if it were at Disneyland- easy. WDW... hmmm

I would try it on one of the paddle wheel Riverboat In Frontierland. Of. Ourse with the retheming of Splash Mountain- there would be a logical placement nearby for it.

Disneyhead'71

Retheme Paddlefish back to a full blown Victorian style Paddle Boat with white table clothes and Crystal chandeliers. Go full blown 4 Star New Orleans gourmet restaurant. Tableside flambé bananas fosters and all. At the covered roof top lounge they would have a nightly New Orleans style jazz band. Call the place Bayou Belle and have lots of PatF Easter eggs. Like call the rooftop bar with the band Louis' Lounge. Have Tiana's Famous Beignets on the menu for dessert. And of course the signature cocktail would be Mama Odie's Swamp Light. Apple moonshine, spiced pear cider, and sprite. Served in a mason jar with a glow cube.

Last edited:

J4546

I really want to see a star wars themed restaraunt that uses the tech from space 220 to "transport" people from earth to the deathstar. and lets you eat in a giant hangar onboard the deathstar. have a giant space wall and a couple x wings parked out in front of it.

BuckyMom

I vote for the NY deli - bagels and all. Too hot most days to want much besides a good sandwich and a pickle. And I'm from the Midwest! I also like the fondue restaurant idea.

Robbiem

I really want to see a star wars themed restaraunt that uses the tech from space 220 to "transport" people from earth to the deathstar. and lets you eat in a giant hangar onboard the deathstar. have a giant space wall and a couple x wings parked out in front of it.
I’d love to see a Jabba‘s palace restaurant. You could have a Jabba animatronic with interpretor droid, Han solo in carbonite on the wall and entertainment from max rebo or the cantina band it would be great.

A british style afternoon tea room would also be a nice change of pace, Hong Kong does this really well and also has some great disney dim sum which Id love to see and I love the idea of a really good deli at DHS

Shouldigo12

Am I the only one who thinks all Disney food is pretty much the same with just different names? Pretty much the same four to six entres.
Depends on what you're looking at. With QS and food courts, yeah, it's pretty much the same with a few differences here and there. Which is what I would expect. QS is basically the fast food of Disney (quicker, cheaper and simpler than other options-in theory), and that's what most fast food places are like. They all have the same basic set up of burgers, fries, nuggets, apples slices when you want to pretend to be healthy, and a few salads.

With TS, you can definitely still see some trends, particularly in the desserts. But there's more variation. Yeah, most of them have burgers and pasta, but what goes in that pasta and on that burger differs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom