What new Disney restaurant would you open?

GCTales

Original Poster
Ok guys.. no rumor here, not even a whisper down the lane... this is more of a what would you .like to see..

So, what sort of themed restaurant would you like to see at Disney World???

Name the restaurant, the theme, and what park would you think it fits best?

I know we already discussed a Haunted Mansion restaurant in MK (which I would love to see happen).

But what else would be a cool Disney restaurant?

An easy one would be a Brazilian steak house, but I am talking super themed and Disney style.

My first one would be a Tiana / Princess and the Frog themed New Orleans style restaurant. Location... if it were at Disneyland- easy. WDW... hmmm

I would try it on one of the paddle wheel Riverboat In Frontierland. Of. Ourse with the retheming of Splash Mountain- there would be a logical placement nearby for it.

Jedijax719

Definitely a Tiana restaurant.

But also a Peli Peli South African Kitchen. Look it up. It's a South African restaurant that is a massive hit in the Houston area. It would be perfect for Animal Kingdom.

Touchdown

I would open a Brazilian Steakhouse as a centerpiece of a Brazil pavilion. Ohana is ridiculously popular and is like that concept but much more restrictive. I think it would be a huge hit. I would probably call it Jose’s for a little Disney touch and somehow incorporate the character in some way in light entertainment.

Dr. Ludwig von Drake

I would task my imagineers to create a new restaurant that was themed to the area it was in, not to an IP. An equivalent to Liberty Tree Tavern in Liberty Square, or Space 220 in Future World. Table service, not a quick service restaurant.

- Sci Fi restaurant in Tomorrowland. Not like the sci fi drive-in in HS, but something with robots and aliens! (No Stitch, please)
- Cowboy / Western Theme in Frontierland
- Pirate Restaurant! (I know, PotC has become an IP)

Quality of food is paramount, of course. We don't need another venue of pizza, burgers, chicken tenders, etc.

I wouldn't want characters that didn't fit the the theme. No Mickey dressed in a spacesuit, for instance.

Last edited:

Lord Starwalker

Yea, I would also love to see a Pirates of the Caribbean restaurant open in MK! It would need to have a proper bar featuring lots of rum based cocktails. Real Caribbean dishes featured on the menu like Jerk Chicken, Beef Stew and plantains. Character dining would feature Captain Jack Sparrow and Barbossa.

A properly themed Star Wars restaurant in DHS would be great as well. They would need to 1up the current Oga's Cantina experience. Incorporating some type of dinner show that gets interrupted by First Order Troopers would be fun.

Last edited:

belledream

I always thought having a restaurant like DCL’s Animator‘s Palate in WDW would be so cool. Maybe you practice your own drawings at your table before your meal. Then put it in Animation Courtyard in HS and you have a tribute to The Magic of Disney Animation, which is sorely missed.

heapster411

Ok guys.. no rumor here, not even a whisper down the lane... this is more of a what would you .like to see..

So, what sort of themed restaurant would you like to see at Disney World???

Name the restaurant, the theme, and what park would you think it fits best?

I know we already discussed a Haunted Mansion restaurant in MK (which I would love to see happen).

But what else would be a cool Disney restaurant?

An easy one would be a Brazilian steak house, but I am talking super themed and Disney style.

My first one would be a Tiana / Princess and the Frog themed New Orleans style restaurant. Location... if it were at Disneyland- easy. WDW... hmmm

I would try it on one of the paddle wheel Riverboat In Frontierland. Of. Ourse with the retheming of Splash Mountain- there would be a logical placement nearby for it.
I was kind of wondering how the theming would work for the Princess and Frog ride in Frontierland. As for a New Orleans style restaurant, an Original New Orleans hole in the wall sandwich shop would be great. Fried Shrimp or Oyster Po'boy or a very sloppy Roast Beef, Onion rings or Cole slaw. Just a thought.

JohnD

Definitely a Tiana restaurant.

But also a Peli Peli South African Kitchen. Look it up. It's a South African restaurant that is a massive hit in the Houston area. It would be perfect for Animal Kingdom.

Retheming Boatrights to a Tiana makes more sense than retheming Mizners Lounge to Beauty and the Beast. At least you would have consistent theming.

Aries1975

Wow! Those robots are amazing. That would be terrific in Tomorrowland. The challenge of course is what to put inside them - although I would be very happy with Dim Sum. Tomorrowland poses a unique challenge. Unfortunately, every futuristic movie describes the food as mediocre at best. Whether replicated, simulated, freeze-dried, or various shapes of tofu. There are very few "future" foods which are appealing. Even working with color, it would be really difficult to get kids to eat purple french fries or blue corn chips.

I definitely agree with Brazilian Rodizio. It is difficult to complain about meat, meat and more meat. But allow for the couple of items unique to Brazil: chicken hearts, sausages, etc. Also, if they ever do a Brazilian pavilion, a nice seafood restaurant serving Paella, grilled octopus and garlic soup would be a wonderful 2nd option.

I also agree that there is a New Orleans themed resort which should include a Cajun kitchen and/or a Soul Food restaurant. But as Tiana is going into Splash, more people will go to a restaurant in the MK then go out to Port Orleans. I am not sure where they can put a table service near Splash without redoing some of the backstage behind the train station or seriously affecting the Rivers of America by putting a restaurant on-the-water. I just want the restaurant to have a shrimp or crawfish etouffee.

My crazy, "blue sky" ideas... yes, I have put way too much thought into this subject.

Pirate dinner show - like Hoop-dee-doo but Pirates. A good fit for Caribbean Beach. Riviera is close enough to walk. Skyliner access. More music and less acrobatics than a show I saw last year near Dollywood. Simple plot: pirate ship is lost and docks at Caribbean Beach. Sword fighting required. Rum punch included! Does not need Jake, Jack Sparrow, etc.

If they ever add Switzerland to Epcot, I would like to see a fondue restaurant and a chocolate shop/bakery. I cannot see them redoing the menu at Pinocchio's even if the alpine theming exists. Maybe it could squeeze between the Pinocchio restrooms and Enchanted tales extended queue.

Years ago, Cosmic Rays had a corned beef meal. Apparently, it was the kosher meal for the restaurant at the time. Since then, I wondered about a deli as a counter service. Keep is simple, cold only, no paninis or cheesesteaks. NOT pre-made sandwiches like Roaring Forks or grab and gos. Kids are picky. Mustard, mayo, any "sauce" or any veggies must be optional. Hopefully, more like Jersey Mike's and less like Subway. Would need decent coleslaw, macaroni salad and potato salads. A pickle bar would be awesome. Probably best located in Hollywood Studios, maybe a good menu for ABC commissary. Honestly, sometimes I just want a good, quick sandwich. Gasparilla's at Grand Floridian is terrific and will modify their sandwiches, but its not in a park.

New - A counter service - not just a cart - for whatever the new take on comfort food is at the moment. Whether that is baked potatoes (plain, loaded, broccoli and cheese, etc.), mac and cheese (plain, with Ham, with bbq pork, with smoked brisket, with jalapeno), tots (plain, loaded, chili, cheesy, etc.), mashed potatoes bowls w/ various toppings, fries w/ various toppings (not necessarily poutine, but disco fries, chili fries, potachos, etc.) There seems to be a new fad every year or so with these new spins on old favorites. I am unsure where it fits, but two items on a cart in Frontierland, two in a shop in Fantasyland, two on a cart in AK and a popular side at the bbq makes this more complicated than it should be.

I know the last thing we need is another hot dog place, but hear me out. They will need to put something to replace the electric umbrellas. There is a restaurant near me which makes sausage sandwiches inspired by cities. It seems very EPCOT to "eat around the world." Unfortunately, they have a limited takeout only menu right now due COVID-19, but you get the idea:

I am a sucker for bakeries. I'm not complaining about the cinnamon roll, but it would be awesome if Gaston's had more French pastries. I would not argue with a bakery anywhere or an expanded dessert menu at any and all restaurants.

Aries1975

I would like an authentic Greek restaurant. I know that Tangierine Cafe is somewhat similar, but it technically is not Greek.

I know they tried a Greek restaurant at the Boardwalk about ten years ago called Kouzzina. We did not happen to stay at Boardwalk, Yacht or Beach during the 3-4 years it was open, so I did not take the opportunity to try it.

HouCuseChickie

I am still waiting for my highly themed US restaurant, where it has a variety of dining rooms/sections themed after different iconic areas of the US and menu items representing regional cuisines of the US. In other words, I'd like to sit on the Golden Gate Bridge, and NYC skyscraper, the Grand Canyon, etc. and have New England and Louisiana style seafood for my appetizers, southwestern for my entree, and maybe some key lime pie or something huckleberry for the northwest for dessert.

If you want specific cuisines...real Greek and Jewish deli would be nice. I know there used to be Kouzzina, but we thought it was disappointing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom