What needs to be done to improve WDW?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
- Stop or minimize giving incentives based on quarterly performance
- Hire the best people for the job, not the cheapest (across all levels of profession)
- Control back end and development costs so they don't balloon into abdsurd amounts for even the simplest of projects
- Reinvest into the parks, in ways that actually stimulate guest interest (ie new rides)
- Require mid-level managers to actually walk through the parks and hotels to get an idea of what the guest experience is like
- Stop reshuffling the same staff and/or managers to different departments. Bring in fresh new talent (with relevant hospitality experience) once and awhile.
- Stop selling and running the place like a tourist trap. Build a product that can stand on it's own and be worth the asking price. Not just when 30% off + free dining is given.
That right there is why they continue to give less and less while charging more and more.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
A lot of what is already mentioned is what I was thiking. But definately more rides, and some paint jobs with preventive maintance.

luv

:eek:
Are they doing underwater photography?
No, they stand in the middle of the water and take pictures of people. People stop. I float by and don't know for certain, but I assume this is Photopass.

There isn't room for it and it's not a lazy river kind of thing, IMO.

ToyStoryMiss

Running water in the Ladies Room sinks, please.
Clean the parks. No trash in the queues.
Spiff things up. Nice paint jobs, sparkling clean buildings.
More topiaries and landscaping.
More street entertainment.
Update rides. Get rid of the decades-old EO, for example.
Open the buildings that sit empty...WoL, for instance.

With new stuff - make it unique, interesting and fun.

Hire more staff. Train them to be nice. There will be people to help us and they won't be as mad at the world.

Enough with the pre-school stuff!
Enough with the princesses!

I agree with you on almost everything except for 2 things.
1. The Princesses are a big part of Disney, so I don't expect them to stop everything. It's one of the best selling Disney merch next to Cars! :p
and
2.:eek: NO ONE SHALL TAKE AWAY MY EO. NO ONE. I love me my Michael Jackson. ;)

EDIT: merch lines. Oopsie. :oops:

Last edited:

Wikkler

Oh lOok, another one of those threads...
  1. Bring back dream finder and figment
  2. Rebuild horizons magically
  3. Open wonders of life back up even though everything has been taken out already
  4. Remove all the stuff intended for Young children instead of mature theme park-goers
  5. Build more e-tickets Ooga booga boo!
  6. Just remove MM+ like it never even happened even though it would be a massive waste of money
  7. Remove the hat
  8. Make Epcot better Nao!
  9. Stop making Disney pArks a brand like Walmart
  10. Add a country every year as part of a lame celebration
  11. Get rid of f''king Stitch!
  12. Fix everything else about Tomorrowland
  13. Do everything else that we won't shut up about

Last edited:

Fairybuzz

Oh lOok, another one of those threads...
  3. Open wonders of life back up even though everything has been taken out already
  4. Remove all the stuff intended for Young children instead of mature theme park-goers
  6. Just remove MM+ like it never even happened even though it would be a massive waste of money
  7. Remove the hat
1. yes or something as good
2. No they could never do it the same as before. They already popped that balloon
3. Well Its not a matter of reopening wonders at this point its a matter of using it for something. Its a pretty building and a pretty big building, and they could do a buncha stuff there at this point anything would be better than an empty blob
4. KILL PLAYHOUSE DISNEY KILL IT WITH FIRE MUHAHAHAHA!! MAHHAHAHHAHA!! AHAAAAA HAH AHAAA!!!! BURN IN THE FIRES OF INFERNO!!!!!
5. LMAO that made me burst out laughing for a long time.
6. MM+ like take it or leave it for me. I'm not big into online stuff other than like forums and reading for info and maybe a few opinions. I don't even have an internet phone. so whatevers!
7. see number 4 but replace playhouse disney with the hat.
8. No stop making epcot "better" because better to them means the opposite of what it means to the rest of the world.
9. If you've seen the wal mart by my house you'd see why I wouldnt want disney to be remotely like that :p lol jk. Im not exactly sure what this one means.
10. I never heard of that one. But it sounds costly.
11. see 4 and 7 (but just the ride not the movie)
12. I like tomorrow land as is. (dodges eggs and tomatoes) Its what I think of when I think of stylized future scenes. None of that stupid iStore everythings white and black for no reason but to show dirt really well and make me wanna take a long but incredibly stupid nap.
13. I..don't....even... you know what? OOGA BOOGA BOO! thats what I got to say to that one :p lol

Last edited:

Magenta Panther

1. FIX THE YETI. Its ongoing static state of disrepair is an absolute disgrace to the Disney legacy of quality.
2. Build more attractions based on original ideas, as per the Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean.
3. If a ride or attraction MUST be based on a franchise, make it a classic Disney or Pixar franchise. Where is the attraction/ride for Mary Poppins or Fantasia, or, in WDW, Pinocchio?
4. Get rid of that freaking hat.
5. Maintenance! Maintenance! Maintenance!
6. No Avatarland. Build Beastly Kingdomme or Fire Mountain in AK. Or a smashing Lion King dark ride. Perhaps a dark ride that would encompass all of Disney's jungle films - Lion King, Jungle Book, Tarzan...
7. Update the Great Movie Ride and make it amazing. It has great potential.
8. Bring back Dreamfinder and Figment. They are original creations, unique to WDW, and deserve to be revived.
9. Majorly plus Peter Pan's Flight. And I DON'T mean by adding a stupid interactive queue. I mean the ride itself.
10. Build a Disney Villains area in New Fantasyland. That, if done right, could be amazing, and would definitely pull in the boy demographic Disney seems to crave so much.

And that's just the SHORT list.

Magenta Panther

Hire more staff. Train them to be nice.

And give them decent salaries. Encourage CMs to consider making a career of WDW. That way, you'll get happier CMs who will build up experience at their jobs because they'll stay longer and that will only benefit both the park and the guests.

Fairybuzz

1. FIX THE YETI. Its ongoing static state of disrepair is an absolute disgrace to the Disney legacy of quality.
2. Build more attractions based on original ideas, as per the Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean.
3. If a ride or attraction MUST be based on a franchise, make it a classic Disney or Pixar franchise. Where is the attraction/ride for Mary Poppins or Fantasia, or, in WDW, Pinocchio?
4. Get rid of that freaking hat.
5. Maintenance! Maintenance! Maintenance!
6. No Avatarland. Build Beastly Kingdomme or Fire Mountain in AK. Or a smashing Lion King dark ride. Perhaps a dark ride that would encompass all of Disney's jungle films - Lion King, Jungle Book, Tarzan...
7. Update the Great Movie Ride and make it amazing. It has great potential.
8. Bring back Dreamfinder and Figment. They are original creations, unique to WDW, and deserve to be revived.
9. Majorly plus Peter Pan's Flight. And I DON'T mean by adding a stupid interactive queue. I mean the ride itself.
10. Build a Disney Villains area in New Fantasyland. That, if done right, could be amazing, and would definitely pull in the boy demographic Disney seems to crave so much.

And that's just the SHORT list.

Hey im not a boy and even I'd like to see a villians themed attraction at least.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
how about just stop selling off or de annexing land
The land issue has always been in flux as they buy and sell property that is meaningless.
They just need to use the profits for improvements instead of for executive bonuses.

oH lOoK, AnOtHeR oNe Of ThoSe tHReaDs...
  7. Remove the hat
Those are all pet peeves... not really suggestions that would improve the resort.

Jenna

More interactive ride queues, whilst I am happy to stand in line for a ride the tired 4 year olds around me are not...give them something more to look at. Rides like Peter Pan and Winnie the Pooh could definitely benefit from it IMO.
More rides, it seems that apart from the new Ariel ride (which I'm yet to visit) there hasn't been anything new in a while.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom