What movie would you want made into a ride?

glee

Original Poster
Hey guys.

Have you ever seen a movie and thought what an awesome ride they could make out of it (Or maybe i just really sad haha)

I know most people would think of Disney movies but i thought it would be more fun if we make believe Disney has the rights to all films. So it does not just have to be a disney film.

Seeing Alice in Wonderland has made me want a crazy Dark alice in wonderland ride!!! I would love a transformers ride at universal also :D:lol::lol::lol:

trr1

here are a few
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
new princess
Xena: Warrior Princess.
xena01.jpg

MUTZIE77

I am starting to be against any movie related rides. All our favorite classic rides have nothing to do with movies, except for the GMR. I am especially sick of current Pixar rides and ride rumors killing the theme of DHS. Though I wouldnt mind seeing a classic Disney Movie like the Jungle Book made into a ride as long as it thematically fits.

DrummerAlly

HERCULES!!

Why is there no love for Hercules at the parks? Sure they've got the musical on the cruise lines....

IMO, Hercules has to be one of the top 5 Disney movies of all time - hopefully I'm not the only one. I'd take a dark ride, a simulator ride (where we could fight off bad guys), or even a show. Hell, I'd take a meet & greet.

Mmm... yeah. A meet & greet with Hercules. I'd wait with all the other ladies in line for that one.

Krack

This is easy - James Bond. Not a ride about a specific film (or even a specific actor playing Bond), but more of an E-ticket Bond adventure. I still cannot believe they never made this happen when it was MGM Studios.

LaughingGravy

20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

How cool it would be to have submarines in a lagoon, where you're underwater, but you're not, because you're really right near the surface!
With real water and some sealed AAs it would be so much more cool than yet another put you in a box and show you a movie ride.
The subs could go on tracks that the guests wouldn't see and the subs could hold a bunch of people.
There could be simple technology of real windows to look outside, with low maintenance seats that fold down.

They could really enhance it if they put in a tunnel that the sub goes through where different lighting effects could be used, also under water!

On the surface, it would look so great to see Capt. Nemo's Nautilus coming in to take passengers as you wait on line.
They could also have really great costumes for the ride operators mimicking the crew from the movie.

:cry:

Krack

20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

How cool it would be to have submarines in a lagoon, where you're underwater, but you're not, because you're really right near the surface!
With real water and some sealed AAs it would be so much more cool than yet another put you in a box and show you a movie ride.
The subs could go on tracks that the guests wouldn't see and the subs could hold a bunch of people.
There could be simple technology of real windows to look outside, with low maintenance seats that fold down.

They could really enhance it if they put in a tunnel that the sub goes through where different lighting effects could be used, also under water!

On the surface, it would look so great to see Capt. Nemo's Nautilus coming in to take passengers as you wait on line.
They could also have really great costumes for the ride operators mimicking the crew from the movie.

:cry:

+1

They could build it near a The Wind in the Willows dark ride - that would be wild!

CDavid

The Chronicles of Narnia (the Studios effort doesn't count as a proper attraction...)

Stargate SG-1 or Atlantis
Mighty Joe Young
Doctor Who (TV series; David Tennant)

HS0411

HERCULES!!

Why is there no love for Hercules at the parks? Sure they've got the musical on the cruise lines....

IMO, Hercules has to be one of the top 5 Disney movies of all time - hopefully I'm not the only one. I'd take a dark ride, a simulator ride (where we could fight off bad guys), or even a show. Hell, I'd take a meet & greet.

Mmm... yeah. A meet & greet with Hercules. I'd wait with all the other ladies in line for that one.

DCL HAD Hercules The Muse-ical. It's now Toy Story the Musical. :cry:

I never fully appreciated Hercules until I worked for DCL and saw the show a million times. A Hercules dark ride would be perfect in AK's Beastly Kingdom with all the mythical creatures and stuff.

Ziffell

This is easy - James Bond. Not a ride about a specific film (or even a specific actor playing Bond), but more of an E-ticket Bond adventure. I still cannot believe they never made this happen when it was MGM Studios.

They used to have this at Paramount's Great America. It was a simulator attraction. It was kind of lame, which was too bad considering such a great subject matter. I would love to see Disney or Universal do it right!!

Cmdr_Crimson

What's really odd here is that can you believe they did formally had rides based on these franchises!

And all 3 were simulators..

Stargate SG-1 or Atlantis
Stargate actually played at my park Six Flags Great America.
It was called Stargate SG-3000 The Ride (It involves around the SG-1 characters..It was weird to say the least)
[YOUTUBE]
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HkqFHOifJXQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HkqFHOifJXQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
[/YOUTUBE]

Yellow Submarine.
The Beatles Yellow Submarine The Ride....I'm not Kidding..
Apparently it was shown overseas and never made it over here...The ride actually has 4 different versions to ride..But here's the first part.
[YOUTUBE]
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ptRM84lHskM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ptRM84lHskM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
[/YOUTUBE]

As for Bond..James Bond...His ride was playing at many of the Paramount parks during the late 90's.
it was known as James Bond: Licence to Thrill..

KYfriedPanda

nightmare before christmas... a roller coaster ride through halloweentown chasing after lock, shock, and barrel, who have stolen something from disneyworld

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom