What Might've Been

Wilt Dasney

Original Poster
Here's an interesting find from YouTube. Remember those short Dateline Disney segments that used to air on the Disney Channel between shows?

This one promises lots of changes that were just down the road in terms of new resorts and additions to Epcot and the Studios. The resorts stuff panned out....the parks stuff, not so much. Guess it's a good thing that USSR pavilion didn't happen, in hindsight. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHtGPSqt9Sg&NR

madtheswine630

Oh my god, I used to love those Dateline Disney things! (Yes, I was a nerdy little child. Hehe ;)) I always liked the narrator's voice...very soothing. :p LOL

And I can't help wishing they'd made the Roger Rabbit thing! Granted, by now it would be horribly out of date, but I was in love with that movie. There's a photo of me in that one section of...was it the backlot tour? that had all those boxes with sound effects inside, as well as a cutout of Jessica Rabbit and that car the weasels drove in. I was in heaven checking out all that stuff. XD

DisneyMusician2

All of that stuff would be a really great idea. It is gratifying to know that they had a few of these ideas! Someone should forward the broadcast to Iger, and see what he can do! :zipit:

HandyAndy

Fantastic find, thanks :D

Oh how I wish they went thorough with both Switzerland and making MGM an awesome park, not relying on just Tot and RnR! Man that Great Muppet Movie Ride looked AWESOME!!!!.....maybe thats just cos I'm a huge muppet fan.

DisneyMusician2

At least the drinking opportunities at the Russian pavillion would be interesting and different.......could we buy fur hats and use ruples as napkins too?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom