What makes you "Disney Happy"

b-rian91

Original Poster
Just wondering what makes you "Disney Happy" I guess you could call it. I havent been able to visit Disney in a while because of my sister going off to college and were all just really busy, But ive been there roughly 8-10 times. Our family used to go every year, but stopped a little while ago. Anyways, What makes me Disney Happy is (not sure if anyone else noticed this) but disney/florida has a distinct smell lol. and sometimes here in Michigan in the morning before I head to school it smells like that outside and i get really excitied because i think of disney. Another thing that makes me Disney Happy. Is when we land in florida (i live in michigan) its like i know were here and the magic starts at the airport. well i hope everyone understands what im trying to explain.
Share whatever you like about your Fav. thing of Disney before or after your trip.

DisneyLindz

I know EXACTLY what you mean about the distinct smell! I wish I could bottle up that smell and take it home with me! :lol:

My "Disney Happiness" begins after we get our luggage and head out the airport doors to walk across this little walkway to find our rental car. I can feel the humidity and heat on my skin, I see the palm trees lining the street, and I smell that distinct aroma of Florida! That is when I finally realize that I'm on my way to another vacation at the happiest place on earth!

Under three months until my next trip! Woo-hoo!

b-rian91

Original Poster
I actually did bottle it up lol...i bottled up the water ( which resembles the smell) kinda wierd...but you gotta do what you gotta do when you love Disney as much as me

CAPTAIN HOOK

Walking out of the airconditioning at Orlando International into the heat - I know I've arrived and I'm only minutes from the happiest place on earth :sohappy:

doop

The overall smell, whenever I catch a scent that is similar to it, it makes me pretty happy. And the music always is very nostalgic.

Dubman

The feeling you get when you actually make it through the turnstiles on your first day.. You feel magically transported to a different world, and forget all about work etc....

ears2you

i love watching my hair curl in the airport. it only takes like 2 minutes to turn from straight to poodle!

i also love being on the bus to the first park of the trip. for some reason it makes me feel so at peace....

PineapplePrincess

I, too am from Michigan, and the smell when I get off the plane definitely makes me "Disney Happy". I think it's the first look at Main Street USA with the castle at the end of it that really does it for me, though. It doesn't matter how many times I've been there. . . it takes my breath away, and my heart starts pounding faster. It feels like I'm home.

Figments Friend

Ahhh..."Disney Happy"......

I would say it starts with the arrival of my travel documents. They are always brightly labeled and decorated so i know instantly when they have arrived

Next would be the plane ride. Take off and landing is a rush for me...i love it...and it is doubly good when the landing is in good ol' MCO.

Taking the MCO 'monorail" ride from the terminal to the main area after disembarking from the ariplane ( ALWAYS a sure sign of being "home"!)

That hot blast of air when you finall get outside ( always great to see the palms too... and how nice and neat and tidy the grounds are)

Probably a big moment for me is approaching the Gates that magically mark the offical Property line of WDW ( "The Gates"!! )

Next would be the absolute emotional rush upon laying eyes on Spaceship Earth again ( EPCOT is 'MY" Park..)

OOo...arriving at your hotel...that is usually a buzz too....

Crossing the Park gates ( whichever park in whatever mode of transport)

Illuminations: first showing once you arrive, and then last showing ( i usually see it several times while there..it's the BEST fireworks show on Property for me)

Wow...so many....but i think i can best sum it all up with this:

Q: What makes you "Disney Happy"?

A: Two words: DOLE WHIP!!

:slurp:

guitarnut99

Last year when we stayed at Port Orleans, I usually wake up early, so every morning I'd look out the peekhole in the door and I would see the sunrise through the trees overlooking the Sassagoula River. Now, sometimes when I wake up at home and see the sunrise through the trees by our house I think of those mornings at Port Orleans and that makes me Disney Happy!

haveyoumetmark

Happy and nice Cast Members that enjoy their jobs.
Mickey Mouse.
The main gates when you drive into the Walt Disney World Resort.

:) Spaceship Earth.

P-3 FE

Seeing my daughters smile when she sees something from Disney that makes her happy. It could as simple as a Disney dvd or one of our snowglobes, but her smile makes me smile.
Also, when I get to walk into Main Street. Just the whole sense of "being there" does it for me.
Alas, since I can't be there all the time, I make sure to "have a little Disney" each and every day and I always Remember the Magic!!!
Happy Holidays!!!:xmas:

"Take care of the CM and they will take care of you"!!:sohappy:

lilclerk

I completely agree with that Florida smell! One night this past summer, my boyfriend and I went for a walk and we went by a house that had an absolutely gorgeous flower garden. The smell plus the heat of the night just made me miss Disney so much, and that was the trigger for planning our February trip :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom