What Makes You Come Back

princessmelinda

I agree with everyone else; where else can you wear mickey ears or princess hats and completely fit in; the sunshine and hot weather; that feeling when you're on magical express when you pass under the disney world sign; the restaurants/food are incredible; and seeing happy families with little kids with HUGE smiles on their faces, it makes me so excited to someday bring my kids there :)

CoastalX

The fact that once i pass under the welcome arches, i know that my "real world" life is on hold for the next 7-8 days and I can just let go. At the World, any adult can let loose and be a kid again and do things that outside DW would be embarassing, but at DW most everybody understands and does not care. I have alot of other reasons that make me return, but those are my main ones. Love the Place!! Cant wait until December! :xmas:

MillerPoppins

Everyone else has pretty much summed up what I love so much about WDW:

*Forgetting about the stress of life and the "outside world"
*Getting to focus on just having fun with my family
*The smells, the sounds and the people watching.
*The FOOD! So many great things down there that you can't find anywhere else.
*Getting to be this giant kid for a week or so.

I love it...I wanna go now!!!! :sohappy:

Tigger#1

What I always loved about WDW and don't really get to experience much out here at Disneyland is the crazy anticipation in getting into Disney property and eventually the parks.

Coming from South Florida, we used to have a 3-4 hour drive -- so already there was some build up just from that. As opposed to my little 45-1hr drive now. But once you got off the freeway, even before you reached Disney property, you could just feel it lurking there in the distance. You'd start to see the signs -- the billboards, the local shops selling all kinds of Disney merch/tickets, and then finally the official road signs. Each one you'd hit, the distance between you and Mickey would grow shorter and shorter until finally... KABOOM, everything changes around you. The touristy grossness all disappears and you're now in what appears to be a forest of DISNEY. Somewhere behind all those trees lies MAGIC.

Once we drove onto property, we'd hurriedly turn the radio on and search for the Disney AM station. Holy crap, we are finally here! We are listening to Disney World on the RADIO. But as close as you think you are, there's still even more build up!!! Parking, tram, tickets, monorail or ferry. SO MUCH BUILD UP!!! By the time you reach the main gate, the excitement has reached a fever pitch.

I used to cherish that entire part of the trip as a kid and still do today, although it's not exactly the same as it used to be when the property was more undeveloped. But to me, it's such a big part of the whole WDW experience.

This is the same with me.
We have a 2 day drive but once we pass the Ron Jon billboard on the Florida turnpike you start to feel it. Then after we turn off on 27 and start to pass all the shops it keeps building until you pass through the gates then everything in the real world is gone and there is only Disney.
I feel like a 5 year old on Christmas morning:xmas: going down World Drive

One Month and 5 Days till I get to see Mickey Again:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

jacalynsue

I keep going back because when I am there, the world works the way it is supposed to. I can pretend that poverty, crime, litter, rudeness, and stress don't exist.

Families relax together. Adults get in touch with their inner child. The trains run on time. Mornings start with songs and end with fireworks. Traffic is managed and organized. People tell each other to have a magical day... and mean it. The restrooms are clean. The playgrounds are used for playtime by kids of all ages and sizes. Even the water plays games with us, jumping from spot to spot while we marvel at the sight. Grown-ups are allowed to be silly. Kid are allowed to be kids. You can get sprinkled with pixie dust and hugged by a chipmunk. In general, languages are no barrier, people go out of their way to help each other, and we all live in peace.

I'll gladly pay for that experience. Again and again.

loveofamouse

1) I know this sounds cliche but the MAGIC of disney. How, even as an adult, you can easily get pulled into the magic.
2) see the detail and effort that the imagineers and CMs put into everything everyday as if they aren't doing it 157 times a day
3) the rides
4)the parades
5) the looks on my kids' faces
6)the opportunity to leave "life" behind and just concentrate on having fun. No dr appts, no procedures or tests, no schools, no navy, no uniforms, (almost) no drama, none of it. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom