What makes WDW that special place

sbarrett

WDW favorites

13 years ago, when I first visited WDW and saw Illuminations at Epcot, I couldn't believe a fireworks show could be so fantastic. I wasn't a fan of theme parks, but WDW changed all that. Eventually, I moved to Orlando to be close to WDW. I have seen Illuminations many times, and I always enjoy the show. Especially recently, Illuminations is even more special, and I still yell and clap along with everyone else at the rousing finale.

Steven M. Barrett, author of "The Hassle-Free Walt Disney World Vacation", published by The Intrepid Traveler.

tmli

As a child growing up in Canada Disney World was a magical place you only saw on t.v. My first visit was as an adult with my son. When I'm there I can be a kid, do silly things and just look like part of the crowd. My husband can't travel with us so my son and I do nothing but have fun and enjoy ourselves.
For us it truly is the happiest place in the world.
Pretty Sappy--eh?

Sheri

Originally posted by Scooter
Answering this question is like me being in a candy shop and asking me which candies are the best.

I totally agree...theres not just one big emotion for being there, it's just all the little things put together to make Disney special :)

Tink

I didn't get to Disney World until the 25th anniversary. I thought WDW was for kids and I was in my 20's - why would I go? I wasn't close to my parents or 2 brothers and 2 sisters - I just lived too far away and was too busy to keep in touch. One year, they convinced me to go since everyone in family was going. The place changed my life. It wasn't just the fun and excitement and escape from reality - it brought me closer to my family! I had such a good time with them - enjoyed being with them so much - that I made it a point to stay in touch. I feel that WDW gave me back my family. Ever since that first visit, we always go down together for a couple weeks in the winter and it is the highest point in my year. :)

lemonade

It's an intangible but wonderful feeling I get being there. Even when I'm just driving by WDW I get that woozy feeling (I live 45 minutes away).

Tink

Originally posted by lemonade
It's an intangible but wonderful feeling I get being there. Even when I'm just driving by WDW I get that woozy feeling (I live 45 minutes away).

You wouldn't happen to be drinking Doc Otis's when you have that woozy feeling, would you Lemon? :animwink:

I know what you mean - I don't get to drive by often (up in PA and all) but when we're down and we happen to catch a glimpse of something from WDW as we're driving around, even that makes you feel high...oops, I mean happy. :p

Tink

Originally posted by lemonade
LOL! I'm very weird. Whenever I'm visiting WDW or any theme park I get nervous butterflies in my stomach.

Well, I guess I'm very weird too! Same here. :p

wagner92

Everytime I go by Disney... it makes me want to tap dance and break out in song... something stupid like I believe I can fly..... ok.......... I'll be quiet now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom