What little or minor effects are broken on our favorite attractions?

Ice Gator

There’s lots of small effects that have been broken for years at the Haunted Mansions on both coasts. The traveling light effect on the exterior of the house has been gone for a while now. As have the billowing curtains just before the endless hallway. They’re great little ambience effects.
By “traveling light” are you referring to the effect that made it look like there was a ghost inside the mansion at night? When I was a young kid I seem to remember waiting outside the Mansion and seeing the “ghost” pass by in one of the windows. Always thought I had just imagined it.

CraftyFox

By “traveling light” are you referring to the effect that made it look like there was a ghost inside the mansion at night? When I was a young kid I seem to remember waiting outside the Mansion and seeing the “ghost” pass by in one of the windows. Always thought I had just imagined it.
Yup! That’s it! It used to exist on both coasts but it’s been out of commission at Disneyland for years and is only working sporadically at Disney World.

Rodj

Ever since they switched from film projectors to digital projectors the "black" background is way too bright. This can be fixed with very expensive laser projectors with additional light path DLP DMDs (like IMAX Laser and Dolby Cinema use). However, the cost would probably far exceed the budget.

Possibly they can do it with a mini or micro LED direct view display for a cheaper cost than a laser projector but it would still be pretty pricey.

Honestly they should bring back the film projectors. The film worked fine for a long time and there are still labs that can produce copies of the film loop.
This isn't the main issue with the current projectors that they installed in 2021. The big issue with them is that they are projecting mostly black & white/grayscale instead of color, leading the back wall to appear gray instead of it matching with the look of the surrounding walls. This is the same case with the projector for the ghosts as well as it also projecting onto the floor for some reason. The older digital projectors they had before 2021 were fine, albeit a bit on the dim side(except for Bravo). I was told by one of the coordinators that they had to set it like this as it was distorting the image when there was more color to it.
HallwayProjectorEx3.PNG

Rodj

The things I can say about Tower of Terror... and it's not just minor either. I'm currently creating a video about it because I want more people to know just how bad the show has gotten with Tower.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom