What kind of WDW fan are you?

disney1077

I am a #4. I like to go early stay till the afternoon. Then go back to the hotel to relax and then head to another park in the evening. I am there for two weeks so I like to relax and take my time to enjoy everything.

wdwfan100

3-I love the parks but I also enjoy the time at the resort to refresh and relax. It is a vacation after all. Don't get me wrong, we never skip out on the parks but the pool is getting harder to resist.

scheat

We are #1's transitioning into #2's. Like a few other posters have stated, it depends on how much time you have, how many times you've been, and if you'll be coming back anytime soon. Becoming a #2 allows you to take in all of those little things that makes WDW a cut above everything else-you'll really miss out on some cool stuff if you stay a #1 your whole life.

hrcollectibles

I really don't fall into any of those. Typically When I go to Walt Disney World I have no set plan. I do not use an alaram. I kind of just wake up and go. If I make it to park opening, fine. If not no big loss.

Mikester71

I'm a 1.5 (between a 1 and a 2 I guess)! We don't open or close any of the parks and have learned that it is OKAY to not ride or see EVERY single attraction WDW has to offer every trip. We even spent a day on our trip last month just relaxing by the pool at Pop Century which is something I could never bring myself to doing on our past 2 trips. It just seemed like you were wasting a day of your park pass. I have to admit though, it felt pretty good to just take it easy one day and relax poolside and take in that nice Florida sunshine!

sueuk

We're 'Park People' -- I think a lot of people who have visited more than a few times don't feel the need to kill themselves, especially if you can stay for longer than a short break. :sohappy:

Susan Savia

#2 for us. 8 days is not a lot of time so we are always at rope drop. We have been known to go into MK for a 8am breakfast and not leave til 11pm that night...We take our time, have a leisurely lunch etc. Why hurry -- we're on vacation! We cannot see taking time out for naps or going to the pool. Both can be done at home when there's not four theme parks outside our door! :)

dsnyfreak

being a Florida resident Im a #2 now. but before my kids were born I was definately a #1. and when the kids are all grown ill be a 1 again!!!! :DIve never understood why people want to go to WDW and lay by the pool, or go jog around or exercise or any of those types of things, unless youre one of those conventioners (or their wives) whos not there for the parks anyway.:hammer: I always laugh to myself when I see someone jogging around the resort or on the sidewalks near the resort wondering what the hell they are doing that for.:shrug: That is NOT relaxing and enjoyable for me!!!:D I may take half a day like after visiting a park like AK that closed early and enjoy the pool but never just to sit around and be lazy!!

disneygirl1

I'm somewhere between 1 and 2... Really depends on the day and what park I am in. There are things that I like to do in each park and once I do them, I'm pretty laid back for the rest of the day.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Commando. Everyday a park, water park days mean resort restaurant dinners at night. From opening till closing, only leave the park (MK & DHS) to eat at a nearby resort.

Have the time on our trips to do a non stop ride, force march between attractions at each park, and then on the second days visit, still ride but take time for photos and shopping and tours.

You can always do the pool post parks, a midnight spaldoosh is most gratifying especially in the summer.

Dayma

None of the options exlpain what we do. We are usually back for a late lunch, take a swim, then hit downtown Disney..

FreedomWrangler

I think option 2 best describes our approach. It's not uncommon for us to leisurely enjoy 2-3 parks a day.

Taking in all of the atmosphere is important. EPCOT is my favorite so it's usually late nights for a wind down. A trip to DTD is included almost everyday too as well as lunch or dinner at a resort.

I'd love to be a part of a 6th option, Disney Executive. Fly to WDW or any park. Be sure everything is running on schedule and refurbs are going o.k. Then take note of any repairs needed to freshen up attractions or park areas. Uplift CM's spirits by sharing how appreciative everyone is for their hard work. That's how I'd handle a #6 position.

Katherine

I am a combo of 1 and 2 depending on how many days I'm there and if I'm with other people.

I visited DL last summer and was only in the Anaheim area for 64 hours and I think I counted up that I spent 43ish hrs on DL property and I was staying off property and was there for 3 nights. It was intense but amazing... I've decided it's my favorite thing to do is to sit on the curb at the end of main street near the train station and just watch the magic.

Grim Grinner

My wife and I are commandos, definitely at first. I have this sort of mutant ability to never have to wait in line, so it works for me. (note: ability does not work on Soarin', but does work at other theme parks outside of Disney...)

One of my friends who is a local, went with us to see the updated Haunted Mansion year before last. We got in line which was stretching past the entryway to Fantasyland.

He turned to me and said: "Where's this magic power you have?"

Just then, a parade or wild west show started in Frontierland and entire line ahead of us just drained away.

Last September, my wife hit all of the rides in Epcot and the Magic Kingdom the first day, all of DHS and Animal Kingdom the next. After that, we spent the following 7 days resting and doing whatever we felt like.

I would have to say that my Disney experience changes depending on who I am with. If I go with my family we are DEFINETLY non-stoppers. Now that I just got married I would have to say we are more of #2 because my husband has a bad knee and can't run as fast as me. :)

Raychul

Even though I have been to WDW over 20-something times, I still can't help but be a #1 (1. Nonstopper: In the parks open to close going from one attraction to the next not stopping for anything not even small children that happen to get in your way).

People I go with have to remind me to stop for food because I will completely forget to eat if I am not stopped. I like to do everything more than once in one day and even hop over to other parks to get even more Disney in before the day ends.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom