What job would you have michael eisner do WDW for a week!

debndon

Original Poster
I think I would have michael eisner work it's a small world. That way the song "it's a small world after all" would never get out of his head.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Feed the sharks at the living seas. (He should be familiair with that sort of thing...)

mike29

If I made him do any job it would be to either shovel the animals droppings at animal kingdom or clean the toilets.

Both are great jobs for him to do.

HennieBogan1966

Account Suspended
If I may, I would like to think that he would want to get a feel for each phase of the guest experience. Working reservations, entrance gates, merchandise sales, have him audition for a character, stage manager for Lion King, most importantly, judging by the "pulse" of these threads, Park Maintenance.

Maybe thru some of these "in the trenches" experience, he would gain a better understanding of the areas that need the most attention, as well as gaining more respect for what goes into completing those jobs each day. And hopefully, it would give him, or anyone in his position, the vision to take Disney into the future with better technology, training, and support mechanisms.

mickhyperion

I'd make him take the place of Donald Duck with his head shoved through the back wall of Mickey's Philharmagic and his feet dangling. And since Donald doesn't wear any pants, I'd make Eisner take his pants off too.

:) :) :) :)

CSOM

Let's see, we've got 2 for AK and 1 for Philharmagic.... which coincidentially we wouldn't have if it weren't for Eisner.

Remember the "Disney Decade"? He has some done some great thinks for WDW... can't we leave him alone, even for a little while?

Getting back to the purpose of the thread, in all honesty, he should work as a CM at Spaceship Earth for a while and see/hear the reactions of folks to the ride.

Laura

Premium Member
CSOM said:
Let's see, we've got 2 for AK and 1 for Philharmagic.... which coincidentially we wouldn't have if it weren't for Eisner.

Remember the "Disney Decade"? He has some done some great thinks for WDW... can't we leave him alone, even for a little while?

DITTO!!!! :sohappy: I'm so tired of the constant Eisner bashing. I personally am grateful for the contributions he's made.

STGRhost

Honestly, I wish he (and all the other executives) had to work for a week (longer would be better!) in Attractions (something repetative, like Dumbo) or Quick Serve foods or Merchandise...just for a taste of what it's like to make your living by doing that stuff. If they EVER knew what that was like, they've forgotten. I mean they'd REALLY have to work - not just the silly Cross-Us that executives occasionally do just for looks. They should get yelled for at about stuff they have no control of 8 hours while making just over minimum wage (if you're lucky) AND keeping up the smile and Disney image, and then go back to the office and see if they feel differently about cutting more budgets to the detriment of their hourly CMs...

(Not tht I've put any thought into it... :lookaroun )
(Uh, oh...are we supposed to be funny? Sorry - I had a LONG day at work :brick: )

Maria

CSOM said:

Getting back to the purpose of the thread, in all honesty, he should work as a CM at Spaceship Earth for a while and see/hear the reactions of folks to the ride.

Ditto on all accounts!
I would make him a greeter... to see people´s reactions when they enter the parks, or as a Guest Relations host.

If this thread was made to bash him once more, what a waste of space...:rolleyes: I think he is a very intelligent businessman, something a huge company like Disney had to have. Period. ;)

Disney_dude

Account Suspended
I would strap him to a hand truck (aka shipping dolly) and wheel him around and watch everyone having a great time during a ONE day only FREE ENTRY DAY ALL PARKS.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
CSOM said:

Now what fun would that be? :lol:
But seriously as stated on this board before he was golden until he went dark side. When he came into WDW micromanaging was new and it worked but times have changed and he didn’t change with them. Personally I think he did a good job but some new blood was long overdue. The only fault I really saw with Eisner is that he didn’t step down earlier on his own accord. He would have saved face and people would have still respected him. He kind of reminded me of one of those NFL players that were great at one time but kept playing well past there prime only to be unceremoniously cut instead of retiring under their own terms.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
To drift a little further......

Im sorry but all this he was great once stuff, yes thats the point, he was good for the company at one point. However his style of management and the board he headed made a catalogue of errors which would have gotten mere mortals fired.

like ageing sportsmen you cant trade on former glories.

Anyway, Id have Michael do tours with guests to explain why there’s all the closed and unused attraction space. followed by a Q & A session explaining why hes managed to burn soooooo many bridges with strategic partners, Disney fans, and employees. and the benefits he hopes to gain by "outsourcing" creativity, the one thing that earned Disney its brand recognition.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom