What Is Your Number 1 Character Breakfast in The World???

Number 1 Character Breakfast in The World???

• Total voters

mrtoad

I voted even though we don't do character breakfasts. We do character dinners so figured it was ok to still vote. I chose Akershus. We love it. The food is fantastic (though preferred when it was all buffet and not a menu for the entree). The place is beautiful, you get a nice picture with a princess and the interaction is good. As nice as it is to eat in the Castle, I find Akershus to be a much nicer experience.

Others we love or have loved are:

Garden Grill. Again great food. Interaction is nice. The only tough thing with it is if you have larger groups there are not many tables for that, most are a booth that sits 4 to 5 people.

We used to really love Chef Mickey's. The food is average at best but was always a very fun time. Lots of character interaction, lots of getting the crowd into it. Last 2 times though have not been great and so we are not doing on our next trip. We found that the characters sped through very quickly. We have 2 kids so it is not that we are all adults and they just did not spend a lot of time because of that. Also it used to be that even after they came through once they would come by again. Last couple times we kind of got waves as they came by after the first visit.

mrtoad

Really, was not too impressed with the breakfast!!

But that may be because the Stepsisters and Lady Tremaine are Amazing at dinner :sohappy:

We are doing this one for dinner for the first time on our next trip. Glad to hear a good story about it. I am looking forward to it.

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Original Poster
We are doing this one for dinner for the first time on our next trip. Glad to hear a good story about it. I am looking forward to it.

Oh its great, we have seen them fighting and shouting at each other and lady tremaine sending them to a corner for time out :ROFLOL:

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Original Poster
I voted even though we don't do character breakfasts. We do character dinners so figured it was ok to still vote. I chose Akershus. We love it. The food is fantastic (though preferred when it was all buffet and not a menu for the entree). The place is beautiful, you get a nice picture with a princess and the interaction is good. As nice as it is to eat in the Castle, I find Akershus to be a much nicer experience.

Others we love or have loved are:

Garden Grill. Again great food. Interaction is nice. The only tough thing with it is if you have larger groups there are not many tables for that, most are a booth that sits 4 to 5 people.

We used to really love Chef Mickey's. The food is average at best but was always a very fun time. Lots of character interaction, lots of getting the crowd into it. Last 2 times though have not been great and so we are not doing on our next trip. We found that the characters sped through very quickly. We have 2 kids so it is not that we are all adults and they just did not spend a lot of time because of that. Also it used to be that even after they came through once they would come by again. Last couple times we kind of got waves as they came by after the first visit.

Akershus is my GF's fave meal in all WDW she just loves it:wave:

mrtoad

Akershus is my GF's fave meal in all WDW she just loves it:wave:

The food there if fantastic. Not sure if you ever went before it was used for character meals or not but foodwise was even better then. There was no ordering of an entree off of a menu, it was strictly a hot and cold buffet that was absolutely fantastic. Then sometime in the mid 2000's it was switched to a smaller buffet and you chose your entree off of a menu and you were given unlimited amounts of that entree, kind of like if was a buffet but you were limited to just the one type of entree. Now it is as you know a smaller but fantastic buffet and one entree choice minus the unlimited amounts.

The food there is one of the best we have had on property no matter how you are served it though. I cannot wait to go back next month... :slurp:

scott7302

Hey Everyone I have been reading all for a while so thought I would Join.

I went in 2007 last and I am going again in Jan 2011, can't wait!!

I loved our meals in the Crystal Palace, we went a few times. I am actually from the area in London called Crystal Palace where this restaurant is part based on!! :D

disneydaft

You forgot about Playhouse and Vine at the Studios. We were a bit dissapointed that Special Agent OSO started appearing there the week after we left. Our 9 month old Alex adores him and Handy Manny.

I would still say that Crystal Palace is our favorite. It was our first ADR on the first day of our recent trip and allowed us to see an (almost) empty Main Street.

We also did Chef Mickeys which was ok though the wait time was a bit much even with an ADR.

ob1thx1138

We got really sick of the same old food at buffets so we will not be doing many breakfasts next trip, but the one we do plan on doing is 1900 park fare. they had the best quality food (still the same standard fare) and we loved the interaction with the face characters.

For the record, on our first trip this June - July we did, Ohana, Tusker, 1900, Chef Mickey, Crystal Palace,

Akershus for us! Our little princesses can't get enough of it. We love the restaurant, I think it's so pretty. Oh, and those lingonberry muffins too :)

pacochran

For us it has been Chef Mickey's we liked the variety of food. The characters were great and it was neat seeing the monrail come in above you.

cbate717

All Ages

I still LOVE characters breakfasts! People must think my mother and I are crazy when we go to them alone (a 24 year old and her 49 year old mother). But I just find it to be so much fun and the food is always YUMMY!!!
I have been to chef mickeys, crystal palace, and garden grove @ the swan. All were great!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom