What is your "Getaway" spot at the Parks?

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

In the MK it USED to be the People Mover but, for whatever reason, it's now a long wait all the time. In Hollywood Studios it USED to be the Streets of America. I would go in the Writer's Shop and get a chocolate croissant and sit there on a bench and eat it. I miss the Streets of America terribly. In EPCOT it's the DVC Lounge and I really wish they would put a lounge in every park. To go up there and eat snacks and drink Cherry Coke and rest in the cool is a great respite. In AK I really can't say that I have a specific place.

KikoKea

AK- I enjoy sitting anywhere in Pandora where I can see and hear the water features.
Epcot- used to be EU...RIP:(
HS- No place we like to just sit.
MK- Cosmic Ray's, in the back overlooking the castle, or Harbor House 2nd floor

Mr Mindcrime

MK - we like to grab a table in the back of Cosmic Rays next to the window that overlooks the castle. Wife and I sat there sipping hot chocolate in February one afternoon.... a perfect break from it all.
AK - the aforementioned sitting area behind Tamu Tamu. Very peaceful in the midst of chaos.
HS - Sitting at a table under the umbrella next to Brown Derby (right outside where Starring Roles used to be). Again, a peaceful spot in a busy place.
EP - American Gardens Theater. We'll just grab a seat when nothing is going on and absorb the atmosphere of World Showcase.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Tom Sawyers Island can be detox.....I too like to go upstairs at CHH and sit on the bridge overlooking the pathway.....although I usually mutter about someone needing to dust and wash those checkered curtains each time....;) And too I like the Flame Tree for a relaxing meal by the water looking across at Everest 🏔while at Epcot. I can remember wanting to wiggle our way through Pecos Bill to sit outside in back towards Pirates, usually not too occupied but shady and relaxing. Meandering along the trails at AK.....👍 Nice to think on those things especially right now.....:happy:

Pepper's Ghost

Too many using unsanctioned acronyms in this thread recently. It's getting hard to follow, unless you guys just want us to skip over your posts? :) CHH? EU? Not on the Big List! 😲 And boy, do I enjoy frequently having to go to that list to understand what people are saying. 🤪

NelleBelle

I used to love Ellen’s Universe of Energy (or whatever the heck it was called) at Epcot. It was a great place to take a snooze! But presidents definitely does it for me, even if I’m trying to stay awake!!! 🥱😴😁

Pepper's Ghost

The Hall of Presidents. Bring a noise cancelling headset, a sleep mask, and enjoy.
I used to love Ellen’s Universe of Energy (or whatever the heck it was called) at Epcot. It was a great place to take a snooze! But presidents definitely does it for me, even if I’m trying to stay awake!!! 🥱😴😁

Oh, NO! lol :mad:🤪 In general, notwithstanding fairly recent updates, this is one of my FAVORITES! Can't miss it and visit every trip more than once.

My very first trip was with my then girlfriend (eventual wife) in my 20s, and we got caught in a downpour right in front of HoP. Not knowing what it was we ducked in to stay dry. The hall was pretty empty and the show was starting in a couple mins, so we went in to kill time. While watching the projections of the war I leaned over and said "this is so lame for a Disney attraction", and shortly after I said that when the screen lifted away, I was dumbfounded! I knew nothing about HoP or any other attraction if I'm being honest. I went into my first trip blind and this was instantly one of my faves! How DARE you say it's a place to nap. lol 🤣

NelleBelle

Oh, NO! lol :mad:🤪 In general, notwithstanding fairly recent updates, this is one of my FAVORITES! Can't miss it and visit every trip more than once.

My very first trip was with my then girlfriend (eventual wife) in my 20s, and we got caught in a downpour right in front of HoP. Not knowing what it
I will agree, when I am fully adjusted to the east coast time zone (from the west coast) and am not sleep deprived (I’ve been known to sleep through PotC, SW, AA, and LwtL—all are favorites), it is an excellent attraction! I have even shed a few tears 😭And of it will make you feel any better, I told the people off in front of me who refused to put their dang phones away (they were texting and it was very distracting). I told them if they weren’t interested in the attraction they should leave because some of us wanted to enjoy it) AND, I did stay awake that time 🤣

Pepper's Ghost

I will agree, when I am fully adjusted to the east coast time zone (from the west coast) and am not sleep deprived (I’ve been known to sleep through PotC, SW, AA, and LwtL—all are favorites), it is an excellent attraction! I have even shed a few tears 😭And of it will make you feel any better, I told the people off in front of me who refused to put their dang phones away (they were texting and it was very distracting). I told them if they weren’t interested in the attraction they should leave because some of us wanted to enjoy it) AND, I did stay awake that time 🤣

LOL! Slept though Pirates??? That's hilarious. I don't know how you even could, although there is another thread on here right now basically calling it a snooze-fest. 🤣 See how I tie things together like magic? 🤪

Now, for the sake of full disclosure, I used to fall asleep on a subway train on my way to/from college courses in downtown Chicago. I know there's a joke there somewhere, but h3ll if I could think of it...

Mr Mindcrime

I once fell asleep during a Rolling Stones concert at the Superdome in New Oleans. Granted we were seated very high up in the stands and I "may" have been under some influence.... but we pulled an all-nighter the night before (Marines do that sort of thing from time to time) so ... there's that.....

HouCuseChickie

There are some little tables tucked away back in Morocco in Epcot. We like to grab a couple drinks, maybe some snacks, and just sit back there for a while.

15806536506_5ab64a2f4f_z.jpg

PSM

Since having our son (now 2) it’s been in and around the child care centers.

When I’m there by myself or with my brothers, though, I don’t need a calm and quiet place to relax; the entire fun of it is to get as much done as humanly possible. Lol

Nottamus

Might be strange...but my ‘getaway’ is just World Showcase at EP on a cool/warm (not hot) evening at sunset. The wife and I just walk around slowly...stopping for a snack, a beer, drink, whatever the mood calls for.

Over by the Germany side, the sunsets are actually pretty awesome.

it can actually be the most relaxing and rewarding part of our vacation.

Looking forward to November, and the hope we can go back.

GoofyCathy

This is more so for locals and frequent visitors, but when you're in need of a calm spot to relax where is it and why?

For me I have one in each park:

-Magic Kingdom
I absolutely adore and love the second floor of the Columbia Harbor House. I love this restaurant so much, since I was a child I have loved nautical themes and things. The music, the atmosphere transport me to calm night on the sea. When I used to hate my job and have really bad days I would go to this restaurant a lot to just calm down and forget my troubles.

-EPCOT
Far from being a secret but I frequent the Katsura Grill at the Japan Pavillion. I went to Japan once as a child and it was by far my favorite place I've ever visited. Eating here takes me back to that wonderful trip and the beautiful waterfall and views from the interior are just perfect.

-Disney Hollywood Studios
It's hard to pick one for this park because it's so small and condensed. For this park it's the alleyways of Grand Avenue, I love these back alleys because they remind me of old MGM Studios. For most of the day there's not many people back there, and the stores make for a great chance to escape the hustle and bustle.

Street-near-Muppet-Vision-3D-in-Disneys-Hollywood-Studios.jpg

-Disney's Animal Kingdom
This one I only like to visit in the latter part of the day, it's the Flame Tree Barbecue gardens. This area is so masterfully designed and gorgeous it's hard to believe they fit this oasis in one of the busiest places in the park. I love sitting out by the water watching Everest and after eating walking through the gardens and ponds.

So what about you? Where do you like to "Getaway?"

I love this question! And I just love dreaming about being there. Thank you!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom