What is your favorite WDW recipe that you have actually made??

ScrappyTam

I know that there are many WDW restaurant recipes available in print and on the web. I was wondering, what has been the best recipe that you have actually made and tried.

If you have the link or are able to share the recipe with us, that would be wonderful as well.

Thanks!

Debbie

The original recipe for Hoop De Doo beef ribs. (they now simply use Hunts BBQ Sauce instead of a homemade sauce). The recipe is in the early edition of Cooking with Mickey Around the World.

Upvote 0

islandbeachnut

Nachos & Sopa Azteca (Tortilla Soup) from the Cooking with Mickey II cookbook.

Awesome at home, but no where near as great when we had them in Mexico at the San Angel Inn!! There's no beating the atmosphere of that place.

Upvote 0

nibblesandbits

tigsmom said:
I've made quite a few things listed in our Recipe?? thread, its hard to pick a favorite. I really like the Pot Pie from the 50's Prime Time Cafe and the Flank Steak from The Liberty Tree Tavern.

Click here for the Recipe Thread :wave:

OMG! I am SO dumb! I always wondered why this thread was always popping up! I wondered why this disscussion about French Toast kept continuing for so long!!! I never actually took the time to look at it! :hammer: Ok, well, now maybe I'm going to have to actually take the time to read it sometime! Thanks tigsmom for clearing that one up.

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

Debbie said:
The original recipe for Hoop De Doo beef ribs. (they now simply use Hunts BBQ Sauce instead of a homemade sauce). The recipe is in the early edition of Cooking with Mickey Around the World.

Wow--I am always amazed at the useful information I learn here.

Now I can cross "Hoop-De-Doo Ribs" off my must-do list.

Here in KC, ribs come from pigs, and we do NOT use mass-produced BBQ sauce. We prefer someting regional.

(No, my intention is not to start a rib-war...)

Upvote 0

tink38

We love the pot roast from the Prime Time Cafe. I saw on tv where they actually used Betty Crocker recipes from the 50's to make it. I happen to have inherited that edition from my grandmother, so I looked it up. Talk about easy!

Upvote 0

tigsmom

nibblesandbits said:
OMG! I am SO dumb! I always wondered why this thread was always popping up! I wondered why this disscussion about French Toast kept continuing for so long!!! I never actually took the time to look at it! :hammer: Ok, well, now maybe I'm going to have to actually take the time to read it sometime! Thanks tigsmom for clearing that one up.

:lol: New people miss it and others forget about it. I try to add a new recipe when I come across one. If you have any requests just post it there... add any you would like to. I have the master list if you want it. PM me your email & I will send it on over. :wave:

Upvote 0

Scooter

The Chef at Le Cellier in The Canada Pavillion gave me a copy of his Canadian Chedder Cheese Soup when I asked for it.

I made it a week later at home and it tasted almost exactly like the restaurants version. :slurp:

The recipe calls for Applewood smoked bacon and unfortunately here in the Chicago suburbs you can't find it anywhere, but luckily, the soup was still delicious.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Scooter said:
The Chef at Le Cellier in The Canada Pavillion gave me a copy of his Canadian Chedder Cheese Soup when I asked for it.

I made it a week later at home and it tasted almost exactly like the restaurants version. :slurp:

The recipe calls for Applewood smoked bacon and unfortunately here in the Chicago suburbs you can't find it anywhere, but luckily, the soup was still delicious.

There are many mail order companies that ship Applewood smoked bacon, maybe a quick Google search would help? Are there any specialty meat shops around?

Upvote 0

KnK

Last night I made the red cabage from Germany. Was just like being there!

Also, I have made the Sticky Toffee Pudding from Rose n Crown. mmmmm Gave be flashbacks from IoE.

Upvote 0

DigitalDisney

My favorite one, and I still make it today even though it's been gone for years, is the mighty Handwich (c) from the Farmer's Market.

Anyone remember that classic?

Upvote 0

SnowWhite5669

The Rice Cream from Norway. It tastes just like it! :slurp: My husband uses the cook book all the time. It takes a little longer to prepare the food but it's all been really good. It's the cookbook that is from all the parks and the cruise line.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

SnowWhite5669 said:
The Rice Cream from Norway. It tastes just like it! :slurp: My husband uses the cook book all the time. It takes a little longer to prepare the food but it's all been really good. It's the cookbook that is from all the parks and the cruise line.

That is :slurp:. We have that one posted in the Recipe thread.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom