What is your favorite sidewalk show?

goofyfan13

Mickifan17 said:
Being a drummer, I'd have to go with the Jammitors in Epcot. Those guys rock. What they can do with garbage cans and drum sticks is unbelievable.

I couldn't agree with you more. I was a percussionist up through my senior year in High School and had dreams of being in a drum corp. So every time I watch these guys do their thing I go into a sense of awe. They are awesome. My vote goes towards Jammitors, and Imaginum! A Statue Act.

bubbles

wannabeBelle said:
Without a doubt OFF KILTER!!!!!! I can sit there all day and just catch all their shows ( and have!!) Then again considering they were voted the number 1 miusic act in all of Disneyworld I guess I Am not alone!!! Belle

Definatly off kilter, i love to watch them And take pictures with them. Every show is wonderdul and very entertaining!!!! :sohappy: :lol: :wave:

danzingcutie12 said:
I absoulutley love the Trolley Song with the Main Street Dancers at the Magic Kingdom! It combines 2 of my favorite songs The Trolley Song and Walking down the Middle of Main Street USA. It is such a great way to enter the park.

Mandy
not trying to get off subject but exactly when and where can you see that? i love that song! i remember having a sing-a-long video with it from Disneyland when i was little..and i did a tap dance to it when i was in like second grade...i'd love to see the real thing!

goofyfan13 said:
I couldn't agree with you more. I was a percussionist up through my senior year in High School and had dreams of being in a drum corp. So every time I watch these guys do their thing I go into a sense of awe. They are awesome. My vote goes towards Jammitors, and Imaginum! A Statue Act.
My schools band and guard went down for the MK parade in April and we saw them rehearsing their new act...it was pretty sweet! I'm around drummers all the time being in a guard and all so i appreciate them too theyre great!

Laura

Premium Member
Coming from a family of percussionists, being married to a percussionist, and being a percussionist myself I will have to say JAMMITORS without a doubt. They are really really awesome.

Off topic - Whoever said they wanted to be in Drum Corps - how interesting. I rarely meet anyone who even knows what Drum Corps is. My parents met in Drum Corps, my Uncle marched in Drum Corps and later became a horn instructor, and I marched in Drum Corps in high school! It's really big in my family!

dhall

Jammitor/Future Corps roots in florida

A lot of the Jammitors/Future Corps/other percussionists have roots through the various florida drum corps: I was a snare drummer and later an instructor for Suncoast and knew John and Rich from FutureCorps (marched next to John and taught the BD line that Rich was on his rookie year). Haven't seen either one in years -- last I knew, Rich had moved over to AK. Most of the current guys marched in lines that John and/or Rich taught.

To you guys who want to march corps -- just go for it! Even if (especialliy if) you barely make it through to the last cymbal spot (wait -- does anyone still march cymbals?), you won't believe how much you'll learn. It's a life changing experience (I know -- I married my cymbal player).

Dave

Legacy

Off-Kilter, VERY closely followed by the Dapper Dans.

And of course Voices of Liberty, but they are in a class by themselves.

imagineersrock

It's a 4-way tie for me:

(in no particular order)
-off kilter
-imaginum
-jammitors
-ANY performance by the MGM streetmosphere characters! I love truly love watching them.

TAC said:
There are 4 guys that go on before the Beauty and the Beast stage show at MGM. Four pennies or Four quarters.. :veryconfu
Don't quote me on this... But I think it's "Four for a Dollar" -either way, I know who you are talking about, and they are very good! :)

Mom's the word

Number one, hands down, hats off, the Voices of Liberty . . . though technically I suppose they're not on the sidewalk. Still, in terms of live entertainment at Epcot they are my special favorite. The World Showcase Players wherever you can find them, they're hilarious, we laugh so much our faces hurt. The British Invasion is a new favorite, so good. I must spend more time next trip on one of Off Kilter's shows - their very supportive fan base on here can't be wrong. :)

egionet

I would definitely have to say Streetmosphere. They are great. I love their "99" act; I think that's there best.

A close second would be Voices of Liberty. They are fantastic performers and very well trained.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom