What is your favorite restaurant in the World?

MickeyKimmy

My husband and I are going back to WDW in September, and we would like to try some new restaurants this time - we actually haven't tried many of the sit-down restaurants yet and I wanted to get some opinions of what other people have really liked. Thanks for any recommendations!

tigsmom

barnum42 said:
En-garde! I'd put Flame Tree Barbeque or Tusker House against the blandness that is Cosmic Rays any day of the week.

:lol:

Tusker House...salmon... :slurp:

We made our first trip there this past July & we are definately going back. :D

Upvote 0

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Magic Kingdom: Crystal Palace, Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe
Disney MGM Studios: Sci Fi Dine-In, Toy Story Pizza Planet
Epcot: Sunshine Season Food Fair, Rose and Crown, Le Cellier
Animal Kingdom: Rainforest Cafe, Restaurantosaurus

Downtown Disney: Planet Hollywood, Earl of Sandwich
Resorts: Beaches and Cream, ESPN Club, Chef Mickey's

:)

Upvote 0

Matchieu

My Favorite restaurant int he world is The Yachtsman Steak House in the Yacht Club Resort. We go almost every time I am there on vacation or there to work and some how end up with the same waitress (well 4 outta 5 times) her name is Aura Lee she is awesome.

Le Cellier in Canada at Epcot is great as well, I love the chedder Cheese soup.

Citrico at the Grand Floridian is incredible but expensive I go there whenever i can. The atmosphere is nice and after you can walk around the resort and possibly catch the water pagent and wishes.

Upvote 0

DonaldDuckette

My favorites...

Grand Floridan- "Victoria & Albert's": expensive, but well worth it- something different than I ever experienced.

Epcot-Italy- Forgot the name, but being from NY, great Italian food, great service.

MGM- "Prime Time Cafe" so much fun- all ages.

Comtemporay- "California Grille"- book reservations on a fireworks night, over looks castle, great music, service- paito is romatic on nice evening.

Grand Floridan- "?Park Fair?"- lots of fun, character dining, buffet.

Animal Kingdom- "Donald's Breakfastouraous?" All you can eat buffet w/ major characters- fun and great location in taht park.

ENJOY- bon appetite

Upvote 0

Scooter

Concourse Steakhouse at The Contemporary Resort has some of the best meals on property in my opinion.

This place doesn't look like much on the outside, but I have eaten here several times and have never had a bad meal.

The Sticky Mickeys are a must try for breakfast and the burgers and steaks are top notch for dinner.

Another place I dearly Love, although it is counter service, is The Flametree Bar-B-Que at Animal kingdom.

I Love everything on their menu.

The other thing great about Flametree that my wife and i both enjoy is the seating areas around this restuarant.
You get your food and then take a little stroll and the next thing you know you are in your own little cozy secluded dining spot by a river with some great views.

Very romantic

Upvote 0

IlovyensiD

How about the Hoop De Doo Review! The food is good and the show is great. Kind of on the expensive side though.

MK: Has to be the Castle

Epcot: Our favorite is Mexico - great atmosphere

MGM: Prime Time Diner

AK: Rainforest Cafe

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

nicholas said:
Don't forget Prime Time. Great food (that meatloaf!) and great atmosphere.
I second that suggestion. One of my favorite places. I dont think I have missed this on any trips that I have been on!!! Yes it is that good!!! Belle

Upvote 0

BigNorm

MK - Pinnochio's Village Haus/Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe
Epcot - San Angel Inn/The Coral Reef
Studios - Hollywood Brown Derby (try the Cobb Salad)
AK - don't know.

Upvote 0

The cat

Amazed no-one has mentioned Bomas at AK Lodge. The most imaginative and flavoursome menu in WDW. We've been all over the 'world' both in the parks and resorts in the past eleven years and Bomas buffet has to be the best.

Upvote 0

nickcarraway

My favorite of all is Boma. The menu is innovative. The price is reasonable. The atmosphere is cozy. The service is good. But it's all about the food at Boma and it shows. I've been there twice, and I was even more impressed on my second visit. But here's my list:

Magic Kingdom: Crystal Palace (It's a strech. MK just don't have a really great full-service dining establishment in my opinion.)

MGM-Studios: Hollywood Brown Derby (The service and atmosphere are amazing. The Cobb Salad... wonderful.)

Epcot - World Showcase: Chefs de France (They have a wonderful selection of light lunch fare. Everything is crisp and fresh and yummy.)

Epcot - Future World: Coral Reef (I love fish. Flying Fish does it better, but you can't beat the atmosphere at Coral Reef.)

Animal Kingdom: I've never eaten here.

Resorts: Boma, Califronia Grill

Boardwalk: Flying Fish Cafe

But I've never tried (but want to) the Liberty Tree Tavern, Victoria & Albert's, San Angel Inn, and especially Le Cellier after hearing some of your comments.

Upvote 0

Jekyll Baker

Let's see. I don't think I've really been disappointed with any WDW dining, but I do have a couple favorites (not necessarily all sit-down restaurants).

MK: Cosmic Ray's (best burgers in the park) and any stand that sells Mickey Premiums :slurp:

Epcot: Tangierine Cafe (even better when Mo'Rockin is performing)

D-MGM: tie between Prime Time and Sci-Fi

AK: Tusker House (Love the grilled veg sandwich)

Resorts:
Whispering Canyon (B'fast), Artist Point (Dinner) - WL
Jiko - AKL

Downtown Disney:
I've only eaten at Earl of Sandwich and House of Blues - both only so-so, so no real favorites here yet.

Upvote 0

trdisneyfan

Woah, no one mentioned the Norway restaurant yet? Always been my favorite since I was a kid. From what I've read in a lot of online reviews, it's typically one of the most highly rated restaurants at WDW.

The style has changed a bit, but it's still all you can eat.

Seriously, where else are you going to get Norwegian food? No offense to everyone else's favorites around Epcot, but it's not that hard to find Japanese, German, Italian, French, British, and especially Mexican restaurants in the real world (I live in Southern CA). Isn't it kind of a waste to go all the way to Epcot just to have Italian food?

Just an opinion

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom