What is your favorite Magic Kingdom Land?

What is your favorite Magic Kingdom land?

• Main Street, U.S.A.

Votes: 11 13.8%
  • Fantasyland

Votes: 8 10.0%
  • Tomorrowland

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • Mickey's Toontown Fair

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adventureland

Votes: 17 21.3%
  • Frontierland

Votes: 26 32.5%
  • Liberty Square

Votes: 5 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NYwdwfan

Frontierland - same reasoning. I don't even do the shooting gallery anymore but just walking past it makes me feel 8 again...I love it!!

Chrononymous

Frontierland has everything! Cool theming and awesome thrills, as well as one of my favorite quick service restaurants!

It's packed with great attractions...Splash, BTMR, bears, a great veiw of the water... even the shootin' gallery is fun!

And I love the music there. Just automatically puts me in a great mood.

Demeter Tess

I thought about it for a while, and while I love every part of the Magic Kingdom, it's Main Street USA that really does it for me. The sight of the castle looming in the distance and the sights, sounds, and smells of the thoroughfare - I feel like a kid!

Ranger

For me its a tie between Frontierland and Main Street. Both themes are excuted perfectly in there respective areas. They seem to have the least "junk" of all the lands. I also love how photogenic both Frontierland and Main Street are.

Spike-in-Berlin

Adventureland and that's why I am disappointed, that it is the only major land in the MK (LS is an exceptions as being more a sub-land) that has seen no major addition in more than 35 years! Only a very bad done refurb that actually destroyed a Disney classic (Tiki Room) and one of the worst mistakes done by WDI ever (Flying Carpets).

Vince3

I thought about it for a while, and while I love every part of the Magic Kingdom, it's Main Street USA that really does it for me. The sight of the castle looming in the distance and the sights, sounds, and smells of the thoroughfare - I feel like a kid!
Agreed!

CoffeeJedi

Frontierland; two side-by-side E-tickets, a great waterfront with kinetic elements (the steamship and ferries), a seamless transition into it's neighbor (to the point where I'm not entirely sure where Liberty Square officially starts), and it's all wrapped up in that overly detailed, "hyperreality" that Imagineering is known for, complete with a good smattering of rockwork. I could spend all day here (I probably spend 90% of my time at Magic Kingdom on the west side of the park actually)

Tomorrowland however, is just a mess; huge naked expanses of plain concrete, ugly lighting and speaker rigs (with dirty exposed wires! bad show!), and no coherent sense of time or place. Buzz Lightyear's bright green plastic entrance just looks cheap, and shows dirt like crazy for some reason. They need to add planters, tiered walkways, themed seating areas and return to a unified color scheme. Not to mention getting rid of the tacky garbage littering the area like the Little Green Alien souvenir stand. Tomorrowland in its current state reminds me more of a 6-flags than anything else.

After thinking about it, I think I might know why TL looks dirtier than the other parts of the park. Everywhere else has rich earth tones and lots of wooden buildings. Scuffs and dirt just blend in and look like part of the landscape. In TL, every little scratch on a metal pole stands out like a beacon. I'm not sure what the solution is for that. Disneyland tried to retheme theirs to a bronze colorscheme a few years ago, but it looked terrible. Maybe WDW should just redo the whole land in DL Paris's turn-of-the-century steampunk look. No way for most of the existing attractions to fit into that though. TDO is a bit stuck.

Bravo 229

Frontierland is my favorite. I like the other lands in the park, but Frontierland is not lacking in quality attractions that I see in other lands. Tomorrowland used to be my favorite land, but with the addition of the newer attractions, its just not the same place it was ten years ago.

Edeyore

Frontierland is my favorite. Splash Mountain and Thunder Mountain, as well as the proximity to Liberty Square (The Haunted Mansion) and Adventureland (Pirates)

jato4x4

Paging Mr Morrow, Mr Tom Morrow. Tomorrow land is the best land even w/o Alien Encounter. Especially now with half of the correct name for the WedWay People mover.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom