What is your favorite food at the F&W Festival?

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
Epcot's Food and Wine Festival begins again tomorrow, and you all know what that means-lots and lots of good food. So, for those members on the forum that haven't experienced the F&W Festival before or those of us that haven't tried all of the foods offered, I would like to ask a question: What is your favorite food at the Food and Wine Festival (that is served in the event stations)?

Mine happens to be the Escargots, the Canadian Cheddar Cheese and Bacon Soup, followed by the Spanikopitas and Florida's Key Lime Tart.

PuckEars

I love the Watermelon juice at Mexico:slurp: . If anyone goes tomorrow could you please let me know it they have it this year. It is not on the menu, but I am hoping they will have it.

Thanks

15 Days until Disney:sohappy:

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I love good pizza, and I had some sicilian style pizza a couple years back that was really good. It had beer in the dough.

Captain Hank

I went to the Cast Preview today, and was mightily impressed. The Canadian cheddar cheese soup was amazing, as was the Chicken Bastilla pastry in Morocco. By far my favorites, though, were the spicy beef empanada in Argentina and the Chilaquiles in Mexico. I didn't even come close to trying everything available. I've never been to a F&W festival before, so I don't really have anything to compare it to, but I was very impressed.

angelfaerie52

Hmm... I haven't been since I was a kid, but I liked eating everything at the Mexican booth.

My reply is more of a series of questions... What do people recommend for a vegetarian who is just turned 21? I want to sample as much as I can...Also, does anyone know what Japan usually offers (sushi?? maybe??). :slurp:

Gorjus

I found this year's menu here
http://www.allearsnet.com/tp/ep/fw06/fw06f.htm

Now I haven't been yet this year, duh:hammer: , it just started, but here are my favorite items from the past that are returning this year:

Chicken Sha Cha (China)
Durbin Chicken & Indaba Merlot (South Africa) - is there a better food and wine combo? I think not.
Spicy Tuna Roll (Japan)
Cheddar Cheese Soup (Canada)
Spanikopita (Greece)
Shrimp from Florida
:slurp: :slurp: :slurp:

DisneyBunny

I found this year's menu here
http://www.allearsnet.com/tp/ep/fw06/fw06f.htm

Now I haven't been yet this year, duh:hammer: , it just started, but here are my favorite items from the past that are returning this year:

Chicken Sha Cha (China)
Durbin Chicken & Indaba Merlot (South Africa) - is there a better food and wine combo? I think not.
Spicy Tuna Roll (Japan)
Cheddar Cheese Soup (Canada)
Spanikopita (Greece)
Shrimp from Florida
:slurp: :slurp: :slurp:

We tried both offerings last year from the Florida booth, the Chilled Rock Shrimp with Mango Salsa and Sauteed Shrimp with Ginger and Lime. Both very yummy and a little bit spicy! :slurp:

Livi's Mama

That wonderful shrimp

My husband and I enjoyed the shrimp salad roll at the Florida booth so much that we bought the recipe book and make it all the time at home.

We also love much of the German food, the rice cream in Norway, the "bee sweet" honey lemonade they used to have in America, and the dan dan noodles they used to have in China.

Okay, so we love it all!

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
We had an omlette type thing last year in the morning and it was awesome. Had egg, potato and a bunch of other great stuff. Does anyone remember that from last year? I think it was in Spain. Doesn't look like it's on the menu for '06.

Sloan

so many options ....

Hard to narrow it down to one because there's so much variety, but favorites are:

Maple Glazed Salmon with Arugula and Roasted Corn from Canada for me, the Kielbasa and Potato Pierogies for the wife, however I strongly suspect that may change for both of us with the addition of the booth from Argentina .... :slurp:

Moustronaut

South Africa's Durban Spiced Chicken with Voodoo Sauce has always been a favorite of mine. Love it so much, I bought the recipe guide so I could make it at home. YUM:slurp:

Gorjus

And it is so easy to make, isn't it. Mind you the spices can be a bit pricey/spendy/freakin' expensive, but the result is so good. And have you EVER been able to find sugar cane stick? I finally gave up and went with skewers for the Durban Spiced Chicken. And a glass of Indaba Merlot with it...:slurp: :slurp: :slurp:

jjgoo

We had an omlette type thing last year in the morning and it was awesome. Had egg, potato and a bunch of other great stuff. Does anyone remember that from last year? I think it was in Spain. Doesn't look like it's on the menu for '06.

If you did have that in Spain then it was probably simply called a tortilla. A tortilla in Spain is much different than what you find in Mexico/South America and yes they are wonderful. I did not see tortillas on the menu either, but they are pretty common fare in Spain so maybe they just didn't include them on their published menu.

Yanks07

Fisherman's Stew a few years back @ Fla. booth. Also, Beef Stroganoff

Have not missed a Festival in 5 yrs. Skipping this year in favour of our first New Years at WDW. :sohappy:

Thessair

I absolutely fell in love with the Green Tea Mousse they had at Japan a few years ago. Unfortunately I haven't seen it since, but as they were so accomodating as to release the recipe I can enjoy it at home. I can't wait to try some new things at this year's festival. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom