• 1993 TRANSITION

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • MILLENNIUM CELEBRATION

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • 100 YRS. OF MAGIC

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters

DisJosh

I picked Millenium Celebration. The first time I went to WDW was in 93. Epcot was great then and great the number of times between up until my last trip during the millenium c. The atmosphere during the millenium cellebration was the greatest though and the park music is some of the best I've heard from Epcot. I loved it! :) The only thing I didnt like that popped up in 2000 are those leave a legacy stones. I think theyre just hideouss. The big row of flowers leading up to the fountain in front of space ship earth was much more attractive than those ugly slabs of rock.

General Grizz

Original Poster
Originally posted by NowInc
1993 for me...I dunno...I thought it re-invented epcot..

I think of 1994-1998 the Innoventions Era..the rehab era...when JII and Horizons were alive, but KK and WoM were in their last days, and Future World had much under rehab... This is the time I most visted EPCOT, but I prefer the attractions that were around 1982-1993.

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by DisJosh
I picked Millenium Celebration. The first time I went to WDW was in 93. Epcot was great then and great the number of times between up until my last trip during the millenium c. The atmosphere during the millenium cellebration was the greatest though and the park music is some of the best I've heard from Epcot. I loved it! :) The only thing I didnt like that popped up in 2000 are those leave a legacy stones. I think theyre just hideouss. The big row of flowers leading up to the fountain in front of space ship earth was much more attractive than those ugly slabs of rock.

I agree! Epcot is much more "crowded" than it was in 1982-1993...when I visited it the most. There was room for the double decker buses (now at MK) to travel around WS without a problem. Everytime I go, it seems like a new gift shop has opened. I used to go there to escape the crowds at MK...I could push the old, steel strollers, without worrying about hitting anyone. Now, the crowds are often shoulder to shoulder! I just hope a new attraction (M:S) will ease some of the congestion!

General Grizz

Original Poster
So? It's crowded, but it doesn't mean it's better! :lol:

Anyway, I also liked EPCOT during Millennium...whole different atmosphere...nice scores!!

Smee

Epcot in 1982 was truly amazing, everything was ahead of it's time. The sheer size of the place was incredible to behold.

I would love to relive the feeling of awe Epcot inspired when it first opened.

General Grizz

Original Poster
Originally posted by Smee
Epcot in 1982 was truly amazing, everything was ahead of it's time. The sheer size of the place was incredible to behold.

I would love to relive the feeling of awe Epcot inspired when it first opened.

The EPCOT Opening Celebration, as seen almost once every month on Vault Disney, is perfect at curing your longing! :D

PrincessAriel

Originally posted by DisJosh
The only thing I didnt like that popped up in 2000 are those leave a legacy stones. I think theyre just hideouss. The big row of flowers leading up to the fountain in front of space ship earth was much more attractive than those ugly slabs of rock.
I totally agree with you, the first time I saw them I was like "what have they done." I have to pick the 1982-1993, reason for this being the attractions and the atmosphere.

PuttPutter

The opening was truly spectacular. It did seem so far out in the future, and the interactivity was new. Plus the very great amount of detail spent making each "country" authentic was impressive.

MobileBadBoy

Account Suspended
I chose 1982, because I went down there shortly after it opened. Of course I was only like 6, but my parents bought me a good-sized Figment plush, which is sitting on one of my stereo speakers as I type this. :)

Still in great condition, all except for the tops of his hard, plastic eyes, which i used to beat on things. Of course, not knowing what he may be worth now that I'm 26 (well 3 days shy).

ToTBellHop

I'm a big 100 Years of Magic fan...most of the Millennium Celebration stuff is still here and Mission: Space is almost done!

Luau Cove

I liked Epcot all throughout the 80's and the beginning of the 90's. It had all the original attractions, World Showcase was almost the same as know, and we still had our beloved attractions. I include the 90's because of WoL.
-->LUAU

Belle13

1993...the only thing it was missing was Test Track. I like Communicore East and West much better than Innovations--- all they are are big corporate advertisements, and not worth my time. I miss the fountains, and flowers out front---they were so pretty. They could have come up with another idea for the Leave a Legacy idea...those "gravestones" are hideous and depressing. We always try to enter through the International Gateway, so we can miss them!

Tom Morrow

My favorite era would be 1994-1998. Every ride was open, Innoventions actually had interesting things... Future World was just much more alive. Hopefully by 2003-2004 it'll be fixed.. but it will never be the same as it was.

RyanS

Mine was the millenium celebration. I was actually there for the 2000 celebration. it was amazing, a lot of people were towards the exits of the park though, it was funny.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom