What is your best Walt Disney World Tip?

WDWEric

Original Poster
I have been looking for a thread like this but couldn't find one. I wanted to use this thread as a place to post your best tips and secrets. Hopefully everybody will get some great advice and be able to use these on their next trip. I'll go first.

When you go to Animal Kingdom and the lines are long at the Entrance, go in the Rainforest Cafe and through the gift shop there is a park entrance. Great to use if you have ADR's for breakfast in Dinoland!

Hope this helps and I encourage people to contribute!

SJTSmith

I like this tread idea :sohappy:

If you are interested at eating at one of the sit down resturants, eat lunch instead of dinner to save some cash.

WDWEric

Original Poster
Thanks! I thought it would be a great place to post your best tips. If a moderator thinks it would be better in trip planning please feel free to move it there!

Pocamahontas

mmm I'll probably just repeat things everyone knows but...

If you intend on riding Space Mountain at MK, make sure to get a fastpass for it because it is always the longest. And make sure you do it in the begining of the day.

Don'tttt everrrr sit on the side bridges at MK for Wishes, the fireworks show is framed around the castle and looks a million times better if you're sitting right in front of it.

And of course, all the lines are a lot shorter during the parades and fireworks.

LoriMistress

Make ADRs at exactly 180 days to make sure you get the restaurant(s) that you want to eat at without any issue. There's almost no off-season and parks are getting more crowded each year. Be ahead of the game.

bgraham34

My best tip is to make sure you have the schedule of all parades and fireworks and shows before you get to the park and plan accordingly.

sleepybear

Tip one: If you can afford it, try eating at some of the excellent restaurants at the resorts. Yes, it's expensive, but I find that taking an evening off from the parks to visit a resort and have a long dinner (with adult beverages!) is like a vacation within your vacation.

Tip two: Plan ahead. Check the operating hours for each park, decide where you want to go each day then make ADRs accordingly. Next, take all that information (including phone numbers, reservation numbers, etc.) and type it up into a small list you can carry with you at all times. A lot of time and energy can be saved with a game plan.

However, if you're there for a week or more, do not specifically plan anything for one of the days. Then wing it. Go ride Tower of Terror all day. Or nap by the pool. Or do whatever the heck you want. While planning is essential, a day of spontaneity is fun, too.

Ella's Mommy

I have to agree with going to the grocery store. Publix and Winn-Dixie are the cheapest. I would say dont be lazy get up and go to the parks early so by the time it really gets crowded(early afternoon) you can go back to the hotel and have lunch and a small break. Then get ready to go to another park and have dinner. Wear a pack. I hate them too but I do it ONLY at disney. It makes life sooo much easier. If possible rent a car! We did the buses one day out of one of our trips and the next day we rented a car for the rest of our vacation. It cuts out a lot of traveling time. Upon getting to the park FP major rides first or get on if line is short enough. And last but not least HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!

pirate-princess

my familys biggest one is taking an empty water bottle filling it with the water fountains,
then at lunch have the sugary fizzy drinks so you dont end up spending lots and carrying round a soggy paper cup!

hmmm tips -

Bring a water bottle and fill up at the fountains when you run out ... When your hot ... water is water! Saves a ton of money too!

If you use the dining plans ... There is usually always a "Combo" at any eatery... Make sure you ask for that for your quick service meal ... It includes the drink, meal, and desert! But if you get a turkey leg ... thats all you get!

Celebrating a special occasion -- Tell your agent ... they will make a note ... and your trip will be much more magical!

(I believe) -- When entering the parks most people travel clockwise ... so go the opposite way for slightly lesser crowds!

Thats all Ive got so far! :wave:

pinjim

- Try the California Grill
- do only the top items on your list; you can't not conquer the World in one trip; skip the carnival type attractions
- sleep in, its vacation
- dining plan; I think its worthy of consideration
- visit some of the other resorts
- take your time and enjoy each stop; walk slow and watch others run with their heads cut off
- FAST PASS! FAST PASS! FAST PASS!

mnfootballmommy

Tip #1: If renting a stroller, rent for your entire stay on the first day so you don't have to waste time in line to rent each day.

Tip #2: If your child is small, bring your own stroller.

Tip #3: Make your own Magic--Tinkerbell will be leaving small tokens each night (complete with pixie dust) for DD. Even if it is just a sucker, it is magical to a kid!:D

Teenchy

Ok so I'm a little lazy today but here is a great place for tons of tips:

http://www.allearsnet.com/rta/tips.php

But I will add some...though already mentioned by others.

1. Visit the resorts. Have a drink or a meal and hang out in the resorts. Take a special tour or talk to the CM's at the resorts. Look at the details, that's actually good advice throughout WDW, Disney is all about the little details.

2. Everyone visits the parks, do something different like a fireworks cruise or an expensive but wonderful dinner at Victoria & Alberts, or a slightly less expensiive dinner at the California Grill during Wishes.

sittle

I think we're all forgetting a very important one: Have fun!!

Your there to spend time with your family, children or loved ones, enjoy it, enjoy the moments and just have fun.

Take time to breathe it all in, and enjoy the little moments as they come and don't worry about doing this of doing that, just enjoy the people you came with. The true 'magic' of the parks will appear when you are having fun with your loved ones!!

erasure fan1

The best tip I have is, never take the trip to serious, dont worry about a ride being down or not getting to do something. The trip will be what you make of it and if you spend time dwelling on the negative you miss out on the magic. If part of your plan falls through just go with it and make the best of it. Oh and plan breaks back at the hotel to swim and rest, it makes all the difference sometimes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom