What is your best dining experiance at disney?

Dom Disney

Original Poster
Since i am off to disney again this summer :sohappy: i was wondering what the food is like at disney, is it expesive? is it yummy? is it expensive but yummy you catch my drift and i want to find out (almost) first hand!

jsfra209

Depends on where you eat.. The food inside the parks and resorts can be a bit pricey, but is usually very good! For a nice sit down dinner I recoment "OHANA in the Polynesian resort, (e Kona Cafe in the Polynesian is awesome for lunch or dinner). In the MK, I like the Columbia Harbor House, and in MGM try the ABC Commissary..Everything is soooo yummy, I am getting myself hungry! :slurp:

Have a wonderful trip! :wave:

CalistaClap

It is all pricey. The sit down (not fast food) restuarants have the best food IMO, the fast food offers Hotdogs, Hamburgers, and the basics, but are nothing special.

wannabeBelle

hi there, So far all of the above is true, but for the most complete info Id suggest you look here: http://www.allearsnet.com/din/dining.htm
This is a link to the Dining secction of www.allearsnet.com run by our friend Deb Wills. Be sure to check out the Menus section ( first link on your left hand side. This is every menu for almost every place to eat in Disney and the dates they were last updated. A dish or two may have changed but you can get the general idea from that. Any questions, post away and I will try to answer!!! Belle

Dom Disney

Original Poster
thanks guys this infos great! im sure to have fun on a full stomach and an empty wallet then!? what would you recomend as a good restraunt in mgm, are there any good ones?

righttrack

My favorite is the Ohana Dinner with a close second being the Hollywood and Vine buffet.

The Ohana dinner is such a welcomed difference. In fact, it is tastes unlike anything that is served in the parks and resorts. The meat is so tender and so well marinated. Try the beef! The side dishes and dipping sauces unique and perfect. The service is so wonderfully friendly.

Regarding Hwood&Vine, most buffets feature a few items that are special, and a bunch of mediocrity. Not so at Hwood&Vine. Everything is topnotch. Most items are made and served in smaller batches. There is no "warmed over" effect on anything there. Its a great value as well.

Just coming off of a week there (4/16-4/23) I am not very happy with counter service meals. I mean, they are ok, but for the amount of time it takes (sometimes longer than sit-down service), the food is nothing special. The best of the counter service meals is the Tommorowland Noodle Station, IMO. Something different and needed at Disney.

Honorable mention to the Wilderness Lodge's Whispering Canyon skillet breakfast and Biergarten at Epcot Germany.

We love to cook and eat good food. Its nice to have a great meal on vacation, not have to wait for it, and hopefully for it to be unique. I have highlighted the food on my last trip. Prior trips, we enjoyed California Grille quite a bit at The Contemporary as well.

njblackberry

I noticed that your location is Manchester. You will benefit from the extremely good exchange rate between the GBP and the US Dollar. Although Disney is expensive compared to many places, you will benefit from the exchange rate.

Ohana is wonderful - we do that every trip, Jiko at the Animal Kingdom Lodge is also a very nice full service restaraunt. Deb's AllEarsNet is a great site.

Compared to what I paid in London a few weeks ago, Disney is downright cheap :(

Dom Disney

Original Poster
lol we are actually staying at the animal kingdom lodge and cannot wait to dine at jiko the food does look spectacular and as you say apparently cheap another reason why i just love the USA!

KYfriedPanda

I like to "eat around the world" at epcot... If you go with a group, you all alternate buying 1 meal to share at each country (this is not recommended for people who are really really picky and/or unwilling to try new and unusual things)... So it's not TOO expensive... I've done it with just 2 of us, and then it tends to be a bit more expensive... But we just buy a churro in mexico and a beer (or pretzel, depending on who i'm with) in germany, and that cuts out a bit of the expense... We also eat only a light bagged lunch at the beginning of the day, so that's the only park food we pay for on that particular day (and then you have the appetite to handle all that great food later). And America doesn't count... we don't eat there ;-)

wannabeBelle

I am with NJ Blackberry on this one. Dining especially if you are doing sit down meals is pretty reasonable and certainly not out of line with what you would pay in any big city ( Ilive in NYC so I know!!) As far as restaurants at MGM, THE Restaurant for that park is the 50's Prime Time Cafe. Good food homestlye stuff, great portions and awesome service. The Brown Derby is much more upscale and cultured but the food is amazing there as well. kinda depends what you are looking for. Did the menus help?? Belle

Ducky_Love

If I had only one meal on all of Disney property it would be at Jiko. Close seconds would include Le Cellier, Brown Derby, and Restaurant Marrakesh. I am also very much looking forward to the new Garden Grill menu!! :slurp:

thisisnotanexit

food is a very important part of my disney experience. so don't be afraid to try new things and make it one of yours too.

i'm too a fan of the EPCOT dining experience. each trip we try to eat at one of those nice restuarants. morocco is lovely. they're all a bit pricey, but if you get water, that helps.

you shouldd definitely try a turkey leg while you're there!

alanindy

Since first visiting Epcot in the 1980's, my idea of a complete theme park experience has changed to include great FOOD! I recommend checking the links noted above on menus, and I always find nearly any table service location at Epcot to be outstanding or at a minimum very enjoyable in both food and atmosphere. I'm visiting next week and am looking forward to trying Jiko and Boma at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Whispering Canyon and Artists Point at Wilderness Lodge are both very good (especially Whisp. Can. for breakfast!). I tried to get a seating at California Grill, but couldn't, and I've never tried it, but hear it's also very good. Ohana is another favorite, as is Crystal Palace (for lunch), 50's PT Cafe, Hollywood & Vine, Sci Fi Dine In, Bongo's at Downtown Disney, and Tusker House at Animal Kingdom for counter service as well. I always loved Yakatori House counter service at Japan in Epcot, but have heard some negatives about it lately.

Dom Disney

Original Poster
thisisnotanexit said:
food is a very important part of my disney experience. so don't be afraid to try new things and make it one of yours too.
QUOTE]
i certainly have food as one of my main preferences when i get to america and im glad to see so many of you singing Jiko's praises! My mouth is watering at the thought of all the brilliantly made cuisine i am going to sample whist im there i will have to make a note of all these sugestions, then I WILL be prepared! :lol: :sohappy:
Thanks belle for the menus they realy helped ive already added them to my 'disney' folder ( that doesnt make me sound sad!) :brick:

Disneyana

Mine was the Lunch at Cinderella's Castle. It was fun and very enjoyable. My wife even made sure to get her Cinderella Glass to keep.

Dom Disney

Original Poster
hey what a good idea 'borow' what they can re stock, and have a memory of disney forever great idea campgrizz! :lol:

Dom Disney

Original Poster
thanks (wannabe)belle! wow a wine dinner thats sure to get my digestive juices going! (sorry to be so vivid) i like how profesional the feel of Jiko is and i hope Boma is as good , ill be sure to update you if i can! lol

I usually go at Thanksgiving time, and always have my turkey at the Liberty Tree Tavern at MK. I had Thanksgiving dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table once also, and it was pretty good. :)

But for regular dining: the food at the World Showcase is good, and I especially like France and Mexico. Hollywood & Vine and Mama Melrose's at Disney-MGM are also great.

At the resorts: I like Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club and 'Ohana at the Polynesian.

:slurp:

Thanks for the dining info. here is my plan for the week of August 20th.
Any suggestions will help. We arrive Saturday

Day Park Lunch Dinner
Sat Disney Quest Cheescake Fac Hoop-dee- do review
Sun MGM Sci-Fi Cafe Hollywood & Vine Fantasmic Pkg
Mon Blizzard beach Bongo's
Tues Animal Kingdom Rainforest AK
Weds Magic Kingdom Tony Town Square
Thurs Epcot Chef Mickeys(Breakfast)
San Angel Inn Tappanyaki
Fri Typhoon Lagoon Jiko
Sat ? Whispering Canyon ( Breakfast)

We leave Saturday at 8:30 pm the 27th so we have a 1/2 day to revisit our favorite attractions.
Any dining suggestions will be great:slurp:
Tom

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom