It's a monorail resort
The MK is just moments away
The retro-feel
The smell of the the lagoon
The Tambu Lounge!
The coffee shop right by the monorail boarding area
The lobby!

Scooter

The Contemporary is my family's favorite...

...Because

1) Monorail...convieniant and breathtaking when it goes through the concourse.
2) Short walk to Magic Kingdom.
3) Great gift shops.
4) Concourse Steakhouse...Mickey Stickys for Breakfast and great Steaks for dinner..Mmmmmmm
5) Largest rooms on property.

Next trip...October 2003!
:sohappy:

boopuff

My fave resort is the Fort Wilderness Cabins. We had six in our party we were very comfortable. We used River Country as our pool and it wasn't croweded. Now I know why they closed it down! The cabins aren't the newest thing but no elevators, neighbors and you have a maid to do the dishes!!! This is the best place to stay if you want to "get away from it all" while your at Disney

GoofyFan1

Without a doubt, I have two: Wildernes Lodge and Caribbean Beach.

Wilderness Lodge because it sort of reminds me of home, the Adirondacks. It also has a great pool and we all love Whispering Canyon.

Caribbean Beach because of the overall atmosphere. Island sounds, palm trees.......sorry just drifted off for a second.

OliveMcFly

My fave resort is the Contemporary. I don't know what it is but, just the atmosphere while in the Grand Canyon Concourse is great. I just love being in the resort.

Tara Mae

For me, it is a tie between the Polynesian and Old Key West Resort.
Advantages of Polynesian:
The Monorail, that says it all.
Old Key West:
2 bedroom villas, many pool areas, and close distance to all the parks. Plus, it is very beautiful, the atmosphere is great, and the cast members are VERY friendly.

oldportroyaler

1. Caribbean Beach Resort
2. Port Orleans Riverside
3. Yacht and Beach Club
4. Port Orleans French Quarter
5. Coronado Springs
6. Polynesian
7. Grand Floridian
8. Boardwalk
9. Wilderness Lodge
10. Old Key West
11. Animal Kingdom Lodge
12. All Stars
13. Pop Century
14. Contemporary
15. Fort Wilderness

TTATraveler

My favorite is the Polynesian. I like the tropical and peaceful setting, scent inside the Great Ceremonial House, Kona Cafe, being on the monorail loop, watching the electrical water pagent and large rooms.

Now if they would only discount the rooms more often....

DCL

The Polynesian is definately my favorite.. living in a tropical island paradise... with a monorail...and I've always loved the Great Ceremonial House. It was the first hotel that I ever went into in Disney World... and it's been my favorite ever since!

However, I've only had the chance to stay there once, and it was only for 3 nights :( But it was awesome! :)

Pirate Pixie

The Caribbean Beach, the whole atmoshere is so relaxing. A great place to relax after a long day on my feet at the parks! The food court area is great, everyone in my family could find something to eat, including my picky 15 year old vegetarian.

stitch001

I haven't really stayed in to many, just the Beach and Yacth club when I was like 6, and then more resenctly Riverside when it was still Dixie Landings, like 4 years ago. and that was really cool. but when we go in Nov. were staying at the one I wanted to stay at, sence I heard it exesisted and thats the Boardwalk. So I'd have to say thats my favorite, even befor Ive been there.
Why? well I think the Achetutucaly and themeaticly it looks really cool. and the pool looks exciting too.

tigsmom

I'd have to say The Wilderness Lodge. Like GoofyFan1 said it reminds me of home. (we love the Adirondacks).

There is just something so relaxing about driving up to the lodge; the food is great the CMs bend over backwards for you...atmosphere.

Though I liked the theme of the Poly & the food is fantastic, I hated having to walk outside to get to everything, it took away some of the kids independance as they hated to walk the walkways at night (and its tough in the rain).

The Contemporary is nice and we are going to give it another try now that the kids are bigger.

surfsupdon

Caribbean Beach had down us well for all those times we have stayed there. The beautiful lake and expansive grounds held so much recreation for kids as well as my parents, the main pirate pool was like out of a dream for me, the foodcourt was great and convenient, and the staff and service was always top notch. The setting of a beautiful Island retreat was really re-created wonderfully, and holds as our sentimental favorite.

I would ahve said Caribbean Beach until this day, but Yacht Club is creeping its way up. A lovely setting, a grand hotel, and a also great service. The deluxe atmosphere is superb! But location is also a huge hit with our family.

We have stayed at others, but these are all time favorites, Caribbean Beach being a classic!!

ndogg01

For me its OKW. Its great for large groups - all 10 in my family can stay together in a grand villa. I love sitting on the balcony overlooking the LBV golf course. The resort is quiet and beautiful, and the pool bar (the Gurgling Suitcase) features my favorite drink in WDW - the Turtle Crawl!!

dae_woods

Port Orleans Riverside...

First off it is very secluded. It is a huge resort and you still feel somewhat alone, unless of course you hang out at the main pool.

Secondly, there are multiple bus stops to be a convenience for you wherever your room may be.

Also, you can take a boat from your resort along a canal all the way to Downtown Disney...nice ride and very handy.

Finally, the theme is amazing and at night, the piano man is very entertaining.

Dixie Landings all the way.

Of course, I also love AKL and WL but what poor starving college kid can afford those? :hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom