What is Tiana's about.....

Advisable Joseph

You'd have to have your eyes completely shut to miss these things on this ride. The imagineers created scenes where there's literally only one point to look at at a time. That, paired with the most direct dialogue I have ever heard on a Disney attraction... These things shouldn't be missed or ignored. We are well within "purposefully obtuse" territory here, no one can be this un-observant, right?
It's the gumbo attacking the guests.

Seriously, I think people are focusing on literal food ingredients.

Also, audio problems?

NickMaio

Original Poster
You'd have to have your eyes completely shut to miss these things on this ride. The imagineers created scenes where there's literally only one point to look at at a time. That, paired with the most direct dialogue I have ever heard on a Disney attraction... These things shouldn't be missed or ignored. We are well within "purposefully obtuse" territory here, no one can be this un-observant, right?
Have you been on this ride?

Even the music and dialogue was very hard to hear and make out.

And....
We are veteran WDW nerds that really try and pay attention to everything in the que and ride.

This one was just a mess.
It also broke down many times that day.

lightningtap347

Have you been on this ride?

Even the music and dialogue was very hard to hear and make out.

And....
We are veteran WDW nerds that really try and pay attention to everything in the que and ride.

This one was just a mess.
It also broke down many times that day.
Yes, I've been on it multiple times now. I don't even like it.

This ride is extremely not subtle. I understand not picking up on the newspapers, signs, radio announcements etc. in the queue, but I refuse to believe people are somehow missing the large show scenes with singular points of focus. Some of these comments read like deliberately ignoring major parts of attraction for the sake of having another thread to complain about Tiana on.

Rich T

“Hey everyone, can you help me find animal musicians for my party?”

“There’s some! There’s some more!”

“Now you’re small! Oh, look you found another animal! You’re the best!”

“Now you’re big again! Here’s a drop for no reason!”

“Yay, you’re special!”

Yep, that’s what they came up with. They had all the characters and magic and adventure from the world of TPatF to work with and THAT’S what they chose.

🤮

Epcot81Fan

“Hey everyone, can you help me find animal musicians for my party?”

“There’s some! There’s some more!”

“Now you’re small! Oh, look you found another animal! You’re the best!”

“Now you’re big again! Here’s a drop for no reason!”

“Yay, you’re so special!”
And even then some people found that story too complex and overwhelming.

mickEblu

IMO, that’s because the “story” is such a mind-numbingly stupid nothing-burger that riders are wondering if they missed something. It’s like “That’s it?!? Why is everyone celebrating? Where was the “adventure” part?”

I said this earlier in the DL TBA thread but It’s crazy to me that all Disney would have to do is cut the lights, play “Friends on the Other Side” and project some shadows at the Burrows Lament/ lifthill scenes and people would lose their minds. But they won’t do it because egos and political correctness. Sad. You could do those things for a few thousand dollars and satisfaction scores would shoot up by at least 50%.

HMF

So we got back a few weeks ago.....
Got a chance to ride Tiana's ......
What is the scoop regarding to ride story......

We only ride it once but honestly could not figure it out.

Something about looking for an ingredient to go in gumbo.
Then everything was big.......
It was very confusing....
Isn't that the million dollar question?

Rich T

I said this earlier in the DL TBA thread but It’s crazy to me that all Disney would have to do is cut the lights, play “Friends on the Other Side” and project some shadows at the Burrows Lament/ lifthill scenes and people would lose their minds. But they won’t do it because egos and political correctness. Sad. You could do those things for a few thousand dollars and satisfaction scores would shoot up by at least 50%.
Even if they were forbidden from using Voodoo references, they could have reinvented Facilier as an evil version of whatever Mama Odie is. Or, heck, the film had mean hungry alligators and creepy swamp-dwelling hunters—Use THEM. How about BAD WEATHER as an obstacle? ANYTHING! As it is, nothing happens, there’s no peril or conflict, and at the end everyone celebrates your heroic ability to look at animals. Garbage! Garbage, I say!!!!

Last edited:

mickEblu

Even if they were forbidden from using Voodoo references, they could have reinvented Facilier as an evil version of whatever Mama Odie is. Or, heck the film had mean hungry alligators and creepy swamp-dwelling hunters—Use THEM. How about BAD WEATHER as an obstacle? ANYTHING! As it is, nothing happens, there’s no peril or conflict, and at the end everyone celebrates your heroic ability to look at animals. Garbage! Garbage, I say!!!!

Exactly. When I heard we were being shrunk down I thought for sure either gators would be trying to eat us if we were frogs or frogs would be trying to eat us if we were fireflies. You know as a substitute to add some peril considering Facilier was off limits. As it stands some people don’t even know they re being shrunk down.

Rich T

Exactly. When I heard we were being shrunk down I thought for sure either gators would be trying to eat us if we were frogs or frogs would be trying to eat us if we were fireflies. You know as a substitute to add some peril considering Facilier was off limits. As it stands some people don’t even know they re being shrunk down.
Yes! Or how about if Tiana’s best friend Charlotte had gotten lost in the swamp and now we’re trying to help Tiana find her? At least there’d be *something* at stake that would give the finale more impact.

Cmdr_Crimson

Does another movie from a different studio have to give that answer..
593891786fc37bcec5e3202cb2352cb8.jpg

nickys

Premium Member
Do you really need to be so insulting?

I haven’t ridden this yet, but my hearing isn’t good. I can never pick out lines of dialogue or words to songs on a ride.
OK, maybe some. I can hear Jack Sparrow at the end of PotC. But when I ride FEA I have no clue about what the songs are supposed to be telling us because I can’t pick out the words.

Unless the audio is coming through to me directly, like SE or HM, then the story needs to be evident from the ride scenes. Like a story book.

NickMaio

Original Poster
Even if they were forbidden from using Voodoo references, they could have reinvented Facilier as an evil version of whatever Mama Odie is. Or, heck, the film had mean hungry alligators and creepy swamp-dwelling hunters—Use THEM. How about BAD WEATHER as an obstacle? ANYTHING! As it is, nothing happens, there’s no peril or conflict, and at the end everyone celebrates your heroic ability to look at animals. Garbage! Garbage, I say!!!!
There is zero tension across the ride.
At the end we all kind of shrugged our shoulders and said, that was ok but let's not do it again.

Yippee she got her restaurant.......but everything else was so disjointed.

I can't believe it cost so much to build.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom