What is the worst souvenir you've ever bought @ WDW?

ann0d

Mine was a gift from my sister it was the 2010 calendar, pictures in it were horrible and poor quality. She bought it in WDW

DecWDW

Yes! and, unfortunately, my oldest loved 'em and found a set at every gift shop! She had 2 or 3 from the disney store, 1 from hotel GS, and 1 from LM GS in DHS. I'm so happy it seems they stopped selling them lol

For the pins, we just keep them on the lanyards. My main complaint about the pins were the closures. They don't stay on. I would love to put them on my kids' backpacks or something but they keep coming undone. I ended up using pencil erasers and even that's not perfect.

You need to get the locking pin backs. They're little brass cylinders that you hook on with a little wrench.

I have a couple of souvenirs that I now question. I bought a Magic Kingdom tshirt that I thought was the right size, but it's huge. Why didn't I check it while I was there? The second thing are those little tiny collector packs that have the 2 or 3 little figures in them? I think I have a set and a half sitting on a shelf. Why do I have all these tiny little things everywhere?

atsolomon

This one's gone from worst to best quite unexpectedly: the 2000 Disney World Resort CD.

When we purchased it, it was just for the soundtrack to the millennium parade. As it turned out, it didn't have what we wanted so it sat on the shelf for years collecting dust. Flash forward almost ten years and my kids (who um weren't on the scene in 2000) love this CD and have it in heavy rotation. Imagine my amazement when the nine year old comes off the camp bus singing the "Tiki Room" theme -- she had the soundtrack on her mp3 player.

Vis-a-vis the difficult to use Mickey ice cube tray: overfill it a bit. The additional ice stabilizes the ears.

--Adam

Master Gracey 5

As a teenager I bought some "Haunted Mansion" (sarcastic quotes) related merchandise from the cart out front. One was a plastic gargoyle which wasn't too bad but also some stupid eyeball necklace thing. I tack it up to poor judgment of my teenage years, but these are nothing that really remind me of Disney and are completely useless to me now.

RonAnnArbor

Back when the park first opened and we went in 1972, I had a "Rocket of Tomorrow" Model that had a THERMOMETER welded to it. I broke it carrying it to school for show-and-tell and threw it out before my parents would find out and kill me.

ssnyder4

Man am I glad I haven't bought any of those things...ok, maybe I've been suckered into the night time light up stuff...mostly garbage of course but when you're waiting for the parade it's worth it!

OK...so not the worst thing ever, but certainly a bad experience. Last Nov I bought a sweatshirt and the girl left the ink tag on it. It was basically as we were leaving for the airport and we were in a hurry so I didn't get the receipt either. When we got home to Houston that night and I was trying to sort laundry I found the tag...I called the 407 number and they started to give me some slack about the receipt issue. So, I called the Disney store...they don't use the same kinds of tags. I finally got someone at the 407 number to do an exchange...or rather I send it in, they take off the tag and send it back. Great...3 weeks later my sweatshirt arrived to my house with the ink tag still on. I called again and they were going to send one out...and they forgot. I ended up getting a new one without the ink tag in Feb. Awesome. I love it so I'm glad I have it, but in late March the disney store website had it for 1/2 price.

mamamouse

gottasay my worst was the mickey measuring cups (the first set I bought) it was the red set they were made of the cheapest plastic ever, I filled it with chocolate chunks and it cracked.......a few years later there was a white set I bought those and thought they were great except the round piece(much like a key ring shape) that they attach with doesn't fasten aswell as first the set.Sure wish I kept the old ones and could swap the ring part.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom