What is the real deal with Leauges?

lt-hambone

An Answer ????

Originally posted by mktiggerman

question for you... why was my post quoted for this?

Darn good question, and I think I have the answer.

The "Quote" button is located right above the "Post Reply" button. I must have hit the "Quote" button instead of the "Post Reply" button.

But this may not be the answer because this only happens at the bottom of the screen. Maybe I cam accross a glitch or something.

I have edited my post and took the quote part out.

My apologies, it was not directed towards you.

:lookaroun

mocfan

I've said it once I'll say it again.

Some people don't have the time to search or read every thread that has been posted. Repetivive questions may come up, but I don't mind. It just shows how many people are interested in that topic.

A lot of these repetitive questions come from new or members that don't visit as often as us regulars do. Let them be.:cool:

meanmice

Over all responce

I was 7 i think when I rode 20k. it must have been one of the last years for the ride to be in operation because it was about 10 years ago. i have been to the park since and have been quite dissapointed to discover that the area is now used as a meet-and-greet. I don't think that the ride was fantastic, but it was ok. I also don't think that it will be comming back any time soon. as far as the building goes i think that it can't be as bad as some paople are claiming. for starters, i don't think that if you drain the pool, it will collapse or implode because people walk around there all the time and it would be too dangerous, also it is unlikely that the water would keep it from imploding because the water would just rush out or around the wall. secondly i don't think that the water is toxic, although i would not drink it. If it was toxic then it would have to be removed because it would indanger the lives of guests and cm's. juging from what i have read, it looks like there are many mixed opinions about 20k, but everyone seems to agree that something needs to be done with this space.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Re: An Answer ????

Originally posted by lt-hambone

Darn good question, and I think I have the answer.

The "Quote" button is located right above the "Post Reply" button. I must have hit the "Quote" button instead of the "Post Reply" button.

But this may not be the answer because this only happens at the bottom of the screen. Maybe I cam accross a glitch or something.

I have edited my post and took the quote part out.

My apologies, it was not directed towards you.

:lookaroun

whew.. you had me worried for a sec.. all is good

disneyfamily

Originally posted by bearboysnc

No, maybe you should start a new one!!!

My point exactly. If everyone took the time to do a search, whats it take 30 seconds at the most, then the boards wouldn't have 10,000 threads.

But since we're here, what is the lagoon contaminated with anyway ? If it was that toxic why wouldn't they just filter it ? You know come to think of it, you never see seagulls on the rocks in the lagoon anymore......

EvilMOuse

Original Poster
I have 2 things to say
1) I had posted the question to find out the truth, not to create another thread full of contradiction, but it would seem this is imposible...there are so many people who have heard this or seen that that it is nigh on impossible to find out the real deal.:cry: So I apologise for those who are antagonised by ' another 20k post' but at the same time i will say that this is a public bored, and if u dont have anything nice to say,dont say anything at all.
2) :rolleyes: what was 2....:confused: ....oh yeah, its ride-related. Surely if there is this huge risk of an imploding uilding and toxic water some kind of authority would insist on its removal? there are thousands of people in the park daily. seems sensible to me.
Does ANYBODY have an official line on this?
Cheers for everyones imput btw:wave:

disneyfamily

Well, if it is true that the water is somehow polluted in the 20k lagoon, it certainly couldn't be any worse than the air the surrounds the Tomorrowland grand prix. Talk about toxic ! Why is it they can make battery operated cars go 65mph on Test Track but use desiel powered cars that go 7mph.

MKingdom25

On the whole issue of whether we should be discussing 20k, we should get Steve (this's site administrator) to make an forum that for strictly discussing sunsetted Disney rides, especially old ones? Just a thought! :D

P.S. My 300th post!

lt-hambone

Good point, but...

Originally posted by disneyfamily

My point exactly. If everyone took the time to do a search, whats it take 30 seconds at the most, then the boards wouldn't have 10,000 threads.

Good point, but with no "standard" naming convention, searches become quite difficult.

Take this topic. So far I have seen the name of this ride appear as -

1) 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea
2) 20k LUTS
3) The Subs
4) 20,000 LUTS
5) 20k
6) 20k Leagues
7) The ride in the old lagoon
8) And a few with "leagues" misspelled

So, if you do a search using just one of those names, chances are you will not see all the posts. And if you don't see all the posts, then you may not find your answer, and be inclined to post a new thread with your question. Thus the multitude of duplicate posts.

Just a thought.

mocfan

Re: Good point, but...

Originally posted by lt-hambone

Good point, but with no "standard" naming convention, searches become quite difficult.

Take this topic. So far I have seen the name of this ride appear as -

1) 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea
2) 20k LUTS
3) The Subs
4) 20,000 LUTS
5) 20k
6) 20k Leagues
7) The ride in the old lagoon
8) And a few with "leagues" misspelled

So, if you do a search using just one of those names, chances are you will not see all the posts. And if you don't see all the posts, then you may not find your answer, and be inclined to post a new thread with your question. Thus the multitude of duplicate posts.

In the words of Montgomery Burns ---- EXCELLENT
Just a thought.
:drevil:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom