What is the real deal with Leauges?

darthdarrel

Originally posted by mktiggerman

part of the lagoon is directly above the utilidors, namely costuming, character issue, and the lockers. The showers in the MK lockers rooms are continually closed due to water seeping in, so it does leak in, whether you people want to believe me or not.
Oh I beleive you Rob! But what I can`t understand is if it is leaking why don`t they drain it? I have heard rumors that if they did that the floor of the lagoon would cave in,so if that is true just evacuate everything that is under it when you do drain it then repair it after it collapses!

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
darrel, do a search on this topic, and you will find your answer. Almost every CM has said the exact same thing about it, and yet, someone always starts a new thread about it. I'm not saying what I know, because someone (usually a newbie) will start a fight about it, and frankly I'm sick of it. I think that WDWMagic should have a "no 20k threads" policy

darthdarrel

Originally posted by mktiggerman
darrel, do a search on this topic, and you will find your answer. Almost every CM has said the exact same thing about it, and yet, someone always starts a new thread about it. I'm not saying what I know, because someone (usually a newbie) will start a fight about it, and frankly I'm sick of it. I think that WDWMagic should have a "no 20k threads" policy
OK Rob! Then Im or PM me and let me know!:D

durhay

Why don't you just create a 20K Faq and point people to it when a 20K thread is created? Or better yet, a list of "approved" topics to chat about.:rolleyes:

Juggler

The Skyway used to create some movement and color in the area, but no more.

My god when did that happen? Does no one tell me anything round here! :lol:

I've not been for nearly two year and half my favourite things have either gone or are about to shut down at both Disney and US.

What is the world coming to! :hammer:

bearboysnc... get a life! If people want to discuss these issues on the forum then they should be allowed to, that's the idea of a forum. Considering the number of replies EvilMOuse has had on this subject people are obviously interested in it. Why sensor the forum this way?

bearboysnc

bearboysnc... get a life! If people want to discuss these issues on the forum then they should be allowed to, that's the idea of a forum. Considering the number of replies EvilMOuse has had on this subject people are obviously interested in it. Why sensor the forum this way?

CONSIDERING the number of posts Evilmouse had I was making light of the fact that for the last 4 weeks... this nearly the same thread has been started.

HAD Evilmouse done a little searching he/she would have noticed this, and from reading the posts, and using a little deductive reasoning, would have discovered ALL the reasons mentioned here.

FURTHERMORE... many of the posts in here are about the location of Castaway cove, previous posts and someones "test", NOT about 20k. Therefore the thread drift doesn't really count as interest in 20k.

FAR be it for me to censor (with a C) anything. I do look forward to new and interesting threads and posts. Keep them coming!

Juggler

Forgive the spelling! They really should add a spell checker to this thing. :lol:

I totally understand what your saying about searching but that's not as much fun as putting a new thread out and getting replies.

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by durhay
Why don't you just create a 20K Faq and point people to it when a 20K thread is created? Or better yet, a list of "approved" topics to chat about.:rolleyes:

ok durhay,

you've only been here a few months, and haven't posted too much... so it's OK. Plus, you're from Detroit, so I can't hate you. However, every 20k topic that come about seems to center on the same thing...

why not just 1 topic, or... giving up... those are feasible alternatives.

Rider

Trust me... I follow all the 20K threads. There are not that many of them.

So... lets turn this into a new topic:

Did the subs have props (some were just sold on ebay)? If so did they work, or were they just for show (underwater?)?

Talsonic

Account Suspended
The Truth!

The straight scoop:

1. The water contained in 20K is not polluted.
2. The water could be drained at any time if needed.
3. The pool walls will not "implode".
4. The attraction was boring.
5. It was closed due to ADA considerations.
6. It was hot and cramped.
7. It was good idea.
8. It will never return.
9. Why? Because we like you!

jmarc63

Re: The Truth!

Originally posted by Talsonic
The straight scoop:

7. It was good idea.
8. It will never return.
9. Why? Because we like you!
10 M-O-U-S-E

mkt

Premium Member
Re: The Truth!

The straight scoop:

i dare you to stick your hand in the lagoon...

so why, in almost 10 years, haven't they :veryconfu

with the chance of it still occuring, why risk it?

yes to all 3.. however, the ADA thing was just part of the reason

7. It was good idea.

no

8. It will never return.

true

Tigggrl

This topic has been thoroughly discussed in a few threads...Most of them have 20K instead of 20,000
Wasnt all that long ago...
and YES the lagoon is in danger of collapsing....and the warehouse building is a hazard too, from what I have heard....:)
Glad I had the privilage of enjoying that attraction before it was closed:)

lt-hambone

My Thoughts

Many of us, I think, have forgotten what one of Walt’s vision was when he created his parks – to take people to places they could only dream about. 20k Leagues was, in my opinion, the full embodiment of Walt’s vision.

When I was a kid, I had a chance to ride 20k, and I still remember my first ride. Crossing the gang plank onto the deck of the sub, descending into near darkness, taking a seat in front of a real port hole – to me it all seemed real. The best part was returning to the dock – the hiss of air as the hatch raised, the water dripping around the hatch and into the sub – it made it feel like we really did dive beneath the waters! It was this ride that started my fascination with submarines, which eventually led me to joining the Navy.

The sub rides at both the Magic Kingdom and Disneyland were ahead of their times – no other park in the world has a similar ride (yes, I know about Disney Sea, but this is a dry, not wet, version). In the glory days of Disney you could go to these parks and ride rides that truly took you to another place and time. The Magic Kingdom was just that – a magical place where you found the most magical rides on the planet.

My fear is that Disney will replace 20k Leagues with something generic and unimaginative, like what they did with Alladin and Triceratops Spin. Or even worse – capitalizing on their next big movie with a themed ride that few people will understand when the movie is forgotten. (Can anybody say Tarzan’s Tree House?)

While 20k Leagues is dead, may the spirit and vision which created this classic ride never die.

mkt

Premium Member
Re: My Thoughts

Originally posted by lt-hambone

Many of us, I think, have forgotten what one of Walt’s vision was when he created his parks – to take people to places they could only dream about. 20k Leagues was, in my opinion, the full embodiment of Walt’s vision.

When I was a kid, I had a chance to ride 20k, and I still remember my first ride. Crossing the gang plank onto the deck of the sub, descending into near darkness, taking a seat in front of a real port hole – to me it all seemed real. The best part was returning to the dock – the hiss of air as the hatch raised, the water dripping around the hatch and into the sub – it made it feel like we really did dive beneath the waters! It was this ride that started my fascination with submarines, which eventually led me to joining the Navy.

The sub rides at both the Magic Kingdom and Disneyland were ahead of their times – no other park in the world has a similar ride (yes, I know about Disney Sea, but this is a dry, not wet, version). In the glory days of Disney you could go to these parks and ride rides that truly took you to another place and time. The Magic Kingdom was just that – a magical place where you found the most magical rides on the planet.

My fear is that Disney will replace 20k Leagues with something generic and unimaginative, like what they did with Alladin and Triceratops Spin. Or even worse – capitalizing on their next big movie with a themed ride that few people will understand when the movie is forgotten. (Can anybody say Tarzan’s Tree House?)

While 20k Leagues is dead, may the spirit and vision which created this classic ride never die.

question for you... why was my post quoted for this?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom